Papadakis/Cizeron #6 - Season's Over - Let's Get Drunk!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peepsquick

Neither the American nor the Canadian high performance camp run throughs were broadcast. This is no different from that- an in-country non-isu event- mainly for the benefit of the skaters to receive feedback on their programmes.

O.K. I wasn't aware ...

GreenGan

I'm disapointed but it's not like it was the drama of my week either.

I remember in the 2016-2017 season where the first time their lindy hop was looked at was in the Masters and the video that came up after was really low quality. Their SD was not really well received by most of the skating fandom, including here. I don't know where I saw it (maybe from your comment alain) but I think the explanation the Fed came up with (maybe also P/C's coach, or themselves ?) was the bad quality of the video.

As you all know, during this season, they really struggled with the SD. Even if the first release of this SD was bad, this was of course not because of that sole reason that they struggled with it. (Demanding work on their FD, difficulty of transposing the lindy hop on the ice as they said in an interview of Fiorentina Tone) But this is why they didn't broadcast it last season. I understand why the Fed did it, and I think it will be forgiven when we'll see the program.

BUT I think the Fed shouldn't have done it. With this move, P/C seems like they're not sure about their RD and the Fed is overprotecting them. P/C are silver medallist, they posess the world record on the SD and just got a 88 point on their first outing. They don't need the Fed protection, and because of it, they now look weak. It's not very important as most people won't give a damn after they see the program but, I don't think they should try that again next season.

alain06fr

Neither the American nor the Canadian high performance camp run throughs were broadcast. This is no different from that- an in-country non-isu event- mainly for the benefit of the skaters to receive feedback on their programmes.

Definitely! FFSG wanted to have almost 99% of the competition live broadcast and it’s very true that other federation don’t broadcast anything at all, which is also their right after all.

Gaby & Guillaume’s rhytmic dance was excellent. It’s to me the best “true” tango I’ve seen so far.

D

Deleted member 74551

I'm disapointed but it's not like it was the drama of my week either.

I remember in the 2016-2017 season where the first time their lindy hop was looked at was in the Masters and the video that came up after was really low quality. Their SD was not really well received by most of the skating fandom, including here. I don't know where I saw it (maybe from your comment alain) but I think the explanation the Fed came up with (maybe also P/C's coach, or themselves ?) was the bad quality of the video.

As you all know, during this season, they really struggled with the SD. Even if the first release of this SD was bad, this was of course not because of that sole reason that they struggled with it. (Demanding work on their FD, difficulty of transposing the lindy hop on the ice as they said in an interview of Fiorentina Tone) But this is why they didn't broadcast it last season. I understand why the Fed did it, and I think it will be forgiven when we'll see the program.

BUT I think the Fed shouldn't have done it. With this move, P/C seems like they're not sure about their RD and the Fed is overprotecting them. P/C are silver medallist, they posess the world record on the SD and just got a 88 point on their first outing. They don't need the Fed protection, and because of it
They look really good.

Gabi’s giving great face!

laviemn

Saw some comments on Twitter that Guillaume's boyfriend commented on the Facebook live chat when the stream cut off "Bravo le direct". Didn't see it so can't confirm, but if true :lol:.

laviemn

After the Olympics, Didier said he wanted them to choose more audience-friendly programs to attract more fans, but the Fed seems completely clueless about how to cultivate and maintain fan support. Just read the comments on the FB post explaining the decision. Mentioning their competition has invited nothing but ridicule. People felt disrespected that an annoucement wasn't made prior to the event. Some of that sourness was directed at Gabby & Guillaume. Stellar job at protecting them from negativity.

And these are the same fans the Fed is going to ask to buy tickets to Grenoble. The French Fed is just truly special.

Last edited:

Orm Irian

Typical FFSG. If they'd just announced it in advance, nobody would even care, but they had to pull a stunt like this. I guess they thought fewer people would watch the rest of the stream if they did announce it, though.

Somebody really, really needs to take a metaphorical high-pressure hose to the FFSG and sent DG flying. I usually just roll my eyes at accusations of corruption in figure skating fandom because the word's the local equivalent of 'problematic' in other fandoms - just a buzzword people use to show how morally superior they are for not liking something - but in the case of DG it seems to be a factually accurate statement, and then on top of that he goes and pulls tonedeaf stunts like this...can't the poor neglected speed skaters help organise a coup? :cheer2:

Btw, they did show Anna Kuzmenko's free skate, it's just that the FB time limit was reached early in her skate and they had to pick it up in the middle at the start of the next broadcast, it was only a couple of minutes missed. The same thing happened to a couple of others too. This silliness was completely different.

Bigbird

Now you know it was good. Now you also know no one else can skate to Oblivion, like them. Now people will also know that Didier is a complete Dickier.

I mean can anyone take anything away from G/G? Absolute nonsense, people have a right to be mad, they've been looking forward to this for weeks and you just do something like that? He needs to go, just like that.

Last edited:

dramagrrl

Surely she can afford a jacket that is non nationalistically aligned.......

Orrr… maybe she is proud of being a former Canadian Olympic team member and a Canadian in general, doesn't think she is going to be judged for what she wears during training sessions in her own home rink, and isn't wearing the jacket as propaganda. :rolleyes:

Alain, you mean canadians posters of course. But tons of skaters have not good comments after first competiitons . Look at zagitova for instance. or medviedeva . We shouldnt be scared of canadians. They will hate anyway

:lol: :lol: :lol:

The American and Canadian high performance camps are not judged competitions with published scoring. I personally think it's fine that the French fed chose not to broadcast P/C, but if they are going to publish their scores and broadcast all their teammates, it seems kind of a strange choice.

Icetigger

Orrr… maybe she is proud of being a former Canadian Olympic team member and a Canadian in general, doesn't think she is going to be judged for what she wears during training sessions in her own home rink, and isn't wearing the jacket as propaganda. :rolleyes:

Yes, you're right, she's probably just ignorant...... I wouldn't have been as forthright on the matter as you, but good for you, anyway.

Last edited:

Andora

Skating season ends as baseball season begins
Yes, you're right, she's probably just ignorant...... I wouldn't have been as forthright on the matter as you, but good for you, anyway.

Would you feel the same way if Romain wore a French National jacket in practice? He was one of V&M's coaches and it seemed he didn't give them the same treatment he gave P&C. Is that just fine and dandy?

I would say build a bridge and cross it, but a) This is FSU and I'm pretty sure the 1994 pairs competition is still being debated somewhere and b) I don't think you have the capability or maturity to move on when everyone else actually involved seems to have.

PS, P&C's SD bordered on crap in 2017, but by all means, blame rando eville Kanadian Kommenters instead.

twinklestar

Would you feel the same way if Romain wore a French National jacket in practice? He was one of V&M's coaches and it seemed he didn't give them the same treatment he gave P&C. Is that just fine and dandy?

For your concern, RH has zero kind of chauvinism, he completely lacks it, contrary to MFD or PL. He would find it "beauf".

MarieM

Grumpy Cynical Ice Dance Lover
Feel free to think whatever you want.
Now, nasty comments based on nothing are of no interest whatsoever.
I would advise you really strongly to stop posting or reading the internet then.

That secrecy sucks. It did those past years. If you are not ready ? Don't show up. Late start to the season is something we ALL can understand.

twinklestar

Romantic passion suits them. Remember the waltz, and the Mozart... I have the feeling it will be outstanding. I hope they come back to romantic passion in the FD one day. Nobody can do it better than them.

Icetigger

Would you feel the same way if Romain wore a French National jacket in practice?

If coaching a team from another country, absolutely. You shouldn't wear clothing that displays partisanship to another team (in this case Team Canada) whilst coaching their competitors (or generally at all within an international training centre). It's inappropriate and as another poster as pointed out, likely the product of ignorance. I understand this point with all commonality- i.e. it would apply to anyone, regardless of whom they coach and what nationality they are.

Last edited:

Icetigger

Those two RD music, oh my this has so much potential to be absolutely outstanding. I had a great feeling somehow for the short this year and that starting pose on this page is already giving me all the feels :swoon:
Also went to look for Gidon Kramer music here the two pieces by him Primavera Portena et Oblivion.

There's a documentary on Piazzolla on youtube which is also about Gidon Kremer's discovery and promotion of him. It's very much worth watching. He is an amazing interpreter of Piazzolla (albeit in a slightly non-argentine, non-dancefloor kind of way). In terms of pulling meaning from the music, he's a great choice (particularly in comparison to say 2Cellos version of Oblivion, which Bobrova and Soloviev used last year)

Last edited:

allezfred

In A Fake Snowball Fight
I'm sure MFD is not sacrificing her students' time for the Thank You Canada tour.

If P&C, who I absolutely love despite some of their insufferable fans, feel they aren't getting what they need, they'll leave. They haven't. Maybe they don't feel they got shafted? Maybe Romain is happy at Gadbois and they stay because of him? Or maybe everyone handled the situation as best as anyone could last year, and those involved agree, and have moved on. How anyone could think P&C weren't getting enough attention or work from their coaches up to the Olympics remains a mystery to me. They had everything going their way. Blaming the coaches seems very short-sighted to me.

100% this. Please stop the stupid conspiracy theories.

Viscaro

Noooo I was really hoping to see their SD. Contrary to @GreenCan it is the drama of my week (I had quite an uneventful week). It seems like a last minute decision, but still, not fair to give us the impression we would see it on stream.

Now the we'll have to wait till NHK...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information