Dancing with the Stars Season 28

jkl

The HOA of my condo building signed an exclusive deal with Directv. Sadly that means I haven’t had ABC since July 3. The Stars and Pro dancers for this next season,which begins September 16, will be announced this Wednesday. Would some kind FSU poster please let me know who will be on? In the meantime my neighbor will help me get an antenna until Directv’s money grab is over.

Lutzcy

The HOA of my condo building signed an exclusive deal with Directv. Sadly that means I haven’t had ABC since July 3. The Stars and Pro dancers for this next season,which begins September 16, will be announced this Wednesday. Would some kind FSU poster please let me know who will be on? In the meantime my neighbor will help me get an antenna until Directv’s money grab is over.

I have Over The Air HD antenna in my window and streaming through internet. It works well for me and avoids the exorbitant cable fees. I love a DVR and have an OTA TiVo and have not had any problems. Since you are in the city, an OTA antenna should work well. Screw Cable and Satellite!!!! Make sure you put your antenna in a window that faces the transmission towers. In Indy they are mostly all in the same direction from my condo.

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
No Katelyn Ohashi. I think ABC missed the boat on that one.

I at least recognize some names this time.
Karamo Brown from Queer Eye
Bachelorette Hannah Brown
Country singer Lauren Alaina
James Van Der Beek
NFL legend Ray Lewis
Kate Flanery from The Office
Ally Brooke from music group Fifth Harmony
Lamar Odom
Kel Mitchell
Sean Spicer
Supermodel Christie Brinkley
Mary Wilson from The Supremes

And Peta is back.

Last edited:

BaileyCatts

Okay, not to be snarky but …… I kept reading about how they were going to get "bigger Stars" and this will be the "most star studded cast" ever yada yada yada. Uhm yeah …. I'm not seein' that. Seems like a typical DWTS cast to me. :rofl:

Agree about being a total miss on not getting Katelyn O. She fits the 'viral star that everyone knows' role and she has a bubbly personality, and could put out some great performances. Maybe she has already started a new job after graduating and couldn't take the time to rehearse or something. That would be the only reason I could understand them not casting her. She woulda been a great fit.

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
Okay, not to be snarky but …… I kept reading about how they were going to get "bigger Stars" and this will be the "most star studded cast" ever yada yada yada. Uhm yeah …. I'm not seein' that. Seems like a typical DWTS cast to me. :rofl:

Agree about being a total miss on not getting Katelyn O. She fits the 'viral star that everyone knows' role and she has a bubbly personality, and could put out some great performances. Maybe she has already started a new job after graduating and couldn't take the time to rehearse or something. That would be the only reason I could understand them not casting her. She woulda been a great fit.

Every year I say the same & then ending up loving most of the cast. I don't understand including Sean Spicer or him accepting the invite. He always looks to me of having a stick up his ass but we'll see. Lamar Odom is the most wtf choice to me.

BaileyCatts

Oh I'll still watch and usually end up loving it as well when they announce the cast and I only have heard of a couple people. Its just the way the articles kept touting about the "biggest star studded cast ever" and that list is pretty typical. Requisite retired sports stars, former TV stars, couple over 60+ stars, some young singers, Bachelor franchise star, and an evil Republican everyone can hate on and make fun of. Yep, typical cast. :rofl:

Debbie S

I was hoping for Katelyn too. :(

Cast seems kind of meh to me but I'll watch the first week and see if that changes my mind.

I hope you have ABC by then, @jkl ! If not, is online streaming an option?

Reactions: jkl

MacMadame

Doing all the things
There are a lot more people in the cast that I know than normal. I'm not sure it's "star-studded" but at least it's mostly people I'd consider well-known.

Sylvia

TBD
Katelyn News: She's competing in some sort of games this weekend.
Figure skaters are competing as well (the inaugural Aurora Games was created/produced by Nancy Kerrigan's husband): https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/threads/aurora-games-albany-ny-august-24.105367/

DWTS website: https://abc.go.com/shows/dancing-with-the-stars

Dancing with the Stars 2019 Cast Revealed for Season 28
By Steve Dove | Aug 21st, 2019

With a lineup of celebrities including a supermodel (Christie Brinkley), a former White House press secretary (Sean Spicer), a Bachelorette (Hannah Brown), pro-athletes from the NFL (Ray Lewis) and NBA (Lamar Odom), a Supreme (Mary Wilson), a country music star (Lauren Alaina) and a TV icon (James Van Der Beek) to name a few, Dancing with the Stars is waltzing its way into its highly anticipated upcoming 2019 season. The new celebrity season 28 cast is adding some glitzy bling to their wardrobe, breaking in their dancing shoes and readying themselves for their first dance on the ballroom floor, as the show kicks off MONDAY SEPT 16 8|7c on ABC. For the first time ever, viewers will have to tune in to the season premiere to find out with whom their favorite professional dancers are paired. This season also features the return of beloved pro Peta Murgatroyd, and two new professional ballroom dancers join the Dancing with the Stars fall 2019 cast. Episodes can also be viewed the next day on ABC.com, the ABC app and Hulu.

So who's on Dancing with the Stars? As announced this morning on ABC's Good Morning America, the celebrities and professional dancers heading to the ballroom this season (in alphabetical order) are the following:

Celebrities:

Lauren Alaina – country music star
Christie Brinkley – supermodel
Ally Brooke – pop star
Hannah Brown – The Bachelorette
Karamo Brown – TV host
Kate Flannery – TV star
Ray Lewis – NFL Hall of Famer
Kel Mitchell – comedian/actor
Lamar Odom – two-time NBA champion
Sean Spicer – former White House press secretary
James Van Der Beek – TV icon
Mary Wilson – The Supremes

Professional dancers:

Brandon Armstrong
Lindsay Arnold
Alan Bersten
Cheryl Burke
Witney Carson
Val Chmerkovskiy
Sasha Farber
Jenna Johnson
Daniella Karagach
Keo Motsepe
Peta Murgatroyd
Pasha Pashkov
Gleb Savchenko
Emma Slater

BaileyCatts

Last edited:

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
And so the backlash begins (like we didn't see that one coming). Interesting comments from Tom Bergeron here. I feel sorry for the poor girl who will be inundated with hate and scorn and likely online bullied relentlessly for being his partner when she has no choice in the matter. I'm guessing the new girl will be the one stuck with the inevitable online harassment to come.

Spicer isn't just any evil Republican. He lied on a regular basis on behalf of the President. Putting him on a fun TV show is a big mistake by the producers. I feel sorry for his partner, too, but I don't want to see him on any TV show until he apologizes for his past actions.

BaileyCatts

Oh but wait (so the producers will say) …. this will be his 'redemption'. :rolleyes: x1000

And I hope everyone can read the sarcasm and disdain dripping from my voice when I say that. :p

Rob

Beach Bum
I have 12 contestants, but 14 pros? So maybe the two new pros are troupe?
But here are my proposed pairings:

Lauren Alaina – Alan or Brandon

Christie Brinkley – Either Keo or Gleb, aren't they the tallest?

Ally Brooke – she is only 5' Sasha (or the new guy Pasha looks short too)

Pasha or Brandon or whoever out of Gleb/Keo doesn't get Christie (because they get the older ladies)
Mary Wilson
Kate Flannery

Hannah Brown – She might be a ringer so Val?

Kel Mitchell - Witney

These guys are tall so Peta, Lindsay, Emma?
Ray Lewis – Emma
Karamo Brown – Lindsay
Lamar Odom – Peta

Sean Spicer – Jenna Johnson or Daniela Karagach he is only about 5'5"

James Van Der Beek – TV icon Cheryl Burke

Debbie S

that football player that helped attack a couple of people.
I don't want to take this thread OT, but re Lewis...from everything he and authorities have said/reported, he unfortunately got mixed up with a bad crowd. I'm not excusing him or defending his actions, but since that time, he has done some very good things, charity/community-wise, in Baltimore and elsewhere. He does seem to have learned from his mistakes and been committed to turning his life around and helping others and has stayed out of trouble.

I don't quite see him as a ballroom dancer, though, but he might surprise me.

Spiralgraph

I guess I'll watch this upcoming season of DWTS, but I will skip all the dances of Spicer. When he comes on I'll either change the channel briefly or mute the sound of the TV and avert my eyes till he's through. Why can't ABC ignore anybody in the political sphere?

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
OT - I was watching Say Yes to the Dress about a month ago when Jenna Johnson & Val C. came in to select Jenna's reception dress. Future SIL Peta was in her entourage. Val left before Jenna picked out her absolutely gorgeous dress. I think they're getting married in Sept but I can't remember for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information