Papadakis/Cizeron #6 - Season's Over - Let's Get Drunk!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peepsquick

So the federation posted on their FB page that they didn't want to show P/C's program because of their competitors. "It's a matter of confidentiality" ... lol all their competition train in the SAME RINK!!
I swear to god...

yeah! Totally ridiculous! The Fed is harming them with that kind of games!

dontlickit88

Banned Member
but alain here said that he is curious about our opinions. He wouldnt know that they dont want being filmed?Or federation doesnt?

I am jealous of people there who saw it

annie_mg

:wall::wall::wall: French federation....

Seriously though, this is ridiculous. It's not even the Olympic year. What the hell....And it's not even the FD. What, if they show it, others will copy them? What's the logic behind this??Can someone explain please, cause I don't get it at all.

alain06fr

The FFSG announced politely in the rink that recording videos of Gaby & Guillaume’s rhythmic dance was forbidden. It was therefore logical to cut the live stream otherwise it would not be consistent at all.

Some people played with fire by posting tonnes of nasty comments (to be polite) on their first performances in the past 3 years, especially the last two years. The FFSG now wants to protect their best ice dance skaters and prevent “some people” from using video material of the very first and early performance as negative propaganda.

This considered decision of the French fed was obviously taken in sync with Gaby and Guillaume.

DreamsofBliss

I feel like they (the Fed?) became more hesitant to show their programs after that year we got fancams and people freaked out a little bit over the programs...which was incidentally the year VM came back. IIRC, we didn't get to see their SD at Masters last year either. I'm disappointed, but I'll live!

cocotaffy

Fetchez la vache... mais fetchez la vache !
The FFSG announced politely in the rink that recording videos of Gaby & Guillaume’s rhythmic dance was forbidden. It was therefore logical to cut the live stream otherwise it would not be consistent at all.

Some people played with fire by posting tonnes of nasty comments (to be polite) on their first performances in the past 3 years, especially the last two years. The FFSG now wants to protect their best ice dance skaters and prevent “some people” from using video material of the very first and early performance as negative propaganda.

This considered decision of the French fed was obviously taken in sync with Gaby and Guillaume.
You were there I suppose, how was their perf ?

Peepsquick

Really, Alain? I don't think G/G suggested that ... it doesn't look like their MO . They have never hidden and they are proud of their work. Either the Fed. is turning paranoid or there are things going on that we don't know about.
It doesn't look good to disappoint all the fans who took off time to watch them live!

dontlickit88

Banned Member
Alain, you mean canadians posters of course. But tons of skaters have not good comments after first competiitons . Look at zagitova for instance. or medviedeva . We shouldnt be scared of canadians. They will hate anyway

D

Deleted member 74551

But even for an early performance it got an astronomical score, far higher than any team so far so they must’ve skated well. Where’s the potential negativity in allowing it to be seen? People could get excited about it. Just feels like shooting themselves in the foot a little.

alain06fr

Really, Alain? I don't think G/G suggested that ... it doesn't look like their MO . They have never hidden and they are proud of their work. Either the Fed. is turning paranoid or there are things going on that we don't know about.
It doesn't look good to disappoint all the fans who took off time to watch them live!

I didn’t say G&G suggested anything but the decision to skate here in Villard-de-Lans their RD w/o having live stream and moreover videos everywhere on the internet was a common agreement.

Guys, I fully understand your disapointment as you are, on this thread, true fans of G&G and enjoy watching their programs early in the season. You don’t care about potential tiny mistakes which are somehow not surprising when the programs are far from being finalized for an int’l ISU competition. I must say I am really sad for all of you commenting this thread in a critical (criticisms are always welcome when argued) but positive way. Now, don’t take this story badly. Like any federation, FFSG is not perfect but, after all the mess and “awful things” which happened after V/M’s come back, they really want to protect Gaby and Guillaume. That’s a fact

Miloune

I didn’t say G&G suggested anything but the decision to skate here in Villard-de-Lans their RD w/o having live stream and moreover videos everywhere on the internet was a common agreement.

Guys, I fully understand your disapointment as you are, on this thread, true fans of G&G and enjoy watching their programs early in the season. You don’t care about potential tiny mistakes which are somehow not surprising when the programs are far from being finalized for an int’l ISU competition. I must say I am really sad for all of you commenting this thread in a critical (criticisms are always welcome when argued) but positive way. Now, don’t take this story badly.

At least can we know what music they're using for the RD please ?? :)

Peepsquick

Guys, I fully understand your disapointment as you are, on this thread, true fans of G&G and enjoy watching their programs early in the season. You don’t care about potential tiny mistakes which are somehow not surprising when the programs are far from being finalized for an int’l ISU competition. I must say I am really sad for all of you commenting this thread in a critical (criticisms are always welcome when argued) but positive way. Now, don’t take this story badly.

Could you give us an overall impression? Does it look innovative? Which adjective would describe their RD best? Throw us a little bone, pleaaaase!:(

laviemn

This just gives the negative impression that they are far, far from being ready. Yes, they already said the FD isn't ready but now it seems like it could be worse than that. And I say this as an uber who wants them to dominate. Does the French Fed really think any positive propaganda is going to come from this?

And to be intimidated by criticism or even trolls at this point in their careers, I just can't...

alain06fr

This just gives the negative impression that they are far, far from being ready. Yes, they already said the FD isn't ready but now it seems like it could be worse than that. And I say this as an uber who wants them to dominate. Does the French Fed really think any positive propaganda is going to come from this?

And to be intimidated by criticism or even trolls at this point in the careers, I just can't...

Feel free to think whatever you want.
Now, nasty comments based on nothing are of no interest whatsoever.

Last edited:

dontlickit88

Banned Member
Alain, the point is the year ago they had challenger in finland in october. Now we have to wait until november, having nothing

D

Deleted member 74551

I just don’t see what the FFSG think they need to protect them from. They’re comfortably the top ranked team in the world. Their biggest rivals are done. Any competitor who might get something from watching it is already seeing it in training every day. They just got 88 points for a first outing, what is there to hide? A few YouTube comments are surely not going to affect them, every team has detractors.

Anyway. Hope their music’s good!

Icetigger

Neither the American nor the Canadian high performance camp run throughs were broadcast. This is no different from that- an in-country non-isu event- mainly for the benefit of the skaters to receive feedback on their programmes.

D

Deleted member 74551

Neither the American nor the Canadian high performance camp run throughs were broadcast. This is no different from that- an in-country non-isu event- mainly for the benefit of the skaters to receive feedback on their programmes.

I’d agree if they hadn’t streamed the rest of the performances or if they’d made an announcement ahead of time.

Icetigger

I’d agree if they hadn’t streamed the rest of the performances or if they’d made an announcement ahead of time.

I agree that set up a false expectation that would have been best avoided. But as for the oh my god this is going to unleash so much negativity upon them reaction or that the RD must be thought to be unready or whatever........ That's just not of value.

Even if this was a marketing strategy (which I'm sure it wasn't), restricting access to something is generally known to push up the value and demand for something; we just need to think of Gabi and Gui as the Hermes Birkin and Kelly of the ice dancing world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information