2023 Nebelhorn Trophy - Ice Dance RD & FD

Rukia

A Southern, hot-blooded temperamental individual
I thought the ending part was cool but they took a while to get there. I'm sure they'll score just fine though.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
LOL - I took one look at their costumes in the warm-up and knew exactly what we were getting from TurkVer and... shock to end all shocks, I was not wrong. Tinkly piano. Oh, wait, now we've got some emo song. That was a pretty cool lift. I mean, this is still pretty much what I expected - contemporary, though maybe not totally lyrical. This is, actually, what GreenP wish they were doing but aren't.

Karen-W

oh his twizzles were a mess and mostly not twizzles
I just saw the twizzles on replay and dang... Mess is kind. Bless.

Seems like the scores are taking a long time...

Rukia

lol this boy can't twizzle at all he went completely up to his toepick rip

Karen-W

Hey, Allison - what's the point of having detailing on the back of your dress if you're just going to cover it up with a low ponytail?

Rukia

that was sadly less fun than I thought it would be. The music doesn't really go anywhere.

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
I’m not at all sure what that was but it was well-skated. She’s really a pro.

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
I usually appreciate these guys but that was heavy and :yawn:

And would it kill the organising committee here to have 1 or 2 flowergirls?

Karen-W

And I was hoping that the Lithuanians have something entertaining :wall:
Totally didn't pay any attention to them at all. Music was too meh and I can't be bothered with mid-tier Euros teams who are bound to be surpassed by other teams soon enough (I'm lookin' at you, Czechia sibling squad).

Rukia

lolol I like this program but grabbing the boards and swanning right in the judges faces makes me laugh

Karen-W

Mrazeks - another program where the music does the heavy lifting in the storytelling. They're good, but this program really does nothing to develop their stylistic identity as a team and set them apart from the rest of the field. Like, who really believes that this is a team that will be known for the balletic style in 5 years? No one.

Marta24

Mrazeks - another program where the music does the heavy lifting in the storytelling. They're good, but this program really does nothing to develop their stylistic identity as a team and set them apart from the rest of the field. Like, who really believes that this is a team that will be known for the balletic style in 5 years? No one.
They apparently wanted to do a Waltz as FD. There is so much Waltz music out there. I really don't understand why they would choose Swan Lake.

Karen-W

Nicely done for Mrazeks
Sure, it was all nice, but it wasn't very exciting and it didn't take us anywhere unexpected or new or leave us breathless wanting more, did it?

I'm going to be very chagrined if this keeps them ahead of CarPon overall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information