2023 Nebelhorn Trophy - Women SP & FS

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Lindsay costume is...interesting:shuffle:
That's one way to put it. I'd go for "most unfortunate" or "what were they thinking?"

Isabeau's coach hasn't gotten the memo that whickety-whack costumes were SOOOOO two years ago and the sport is moving on...

Karen-W

Wait... She really did keep her FS from last season and switched to THIS costume? I don't get it. Last season's dress fit the POTC music way more than this... Uhm... look.

Karen-W

Is she the white swan? Is she the black swan? Who knows with all the whickety-whack there is going on with this dress. Layers of shredded chiffon for the skirt, btw (makes her hips look wider than I'm sure they are) and I can only presume the puffs of chiffon whickety-whack on her shoulders are not meant to only resemble feathers but also balance the heaviness of the skirt.

Seriously, though, dressing her like a Russian wannabe won't delay the onset of puberty. That :grandpa: is something you only get by being a real Russian.

Private Citizen

"PC." Pronouns: none/none
What does she expect with no new tech content, a fall, and an easier jump layout than last year? (The 3Lz-3Lo was not worth it, but still....)

The women are skating like the Russians are going to be banned forever and the Japanese/Korean juniors are going to stay in juniors forever. This is a lower half of the top 10 program when Russia is back and the juniors age up.

Karen-W

The women are skating like the Russians are going to be banned forever and the Japanese/Korean juniors are going to stay in juniors forever. This is a lower half of the top 10 program when Russia's back and the juniors age up.
The jury is still out, IMO, as to whether or not any of the Russian girls or Japanese/Korean juniors are going to be able to keep their jumps once they're old enough to compete in seniors. Either way, do you really expect Isabeau to still be skating by the time any of the current juniors are old enough for seniors? Isabeau's gonna be outta here after Milano-Cortina, I'd bet.

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
What does she expect with no new tech content, a fall, and an easier jump layout than last year? (The 3Lz-3Lo was not worth it, but still....)

The women are skating like the Russians are going to be banned forever and the Japanese/Korean juniors are going to stay in juniors forever. This is a lower half of the top 10 program when Russia is back and the juniors age up.
Fortunately for the current crop, the youngsters with quads and 3As are mostly pre-pubescent. Let’s see where they are at 17.

airgelaal

Alexia PAGANINI
3lz-3T
3S it definitely cannot be confused with a T :respec:
3lo
2a
2lo-1t-1t
2s
2a

gorgeous dress :love:

Karen-W

Livia Kaiser is one skater away from medaling today. :rofl:

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
So many Koreans, so many Kims….this is nice but generic. Jia and Chaeyong stand out for me as something different.

SkateFanBerlin

The jury is still out, IMO, as to whether or not any of the Russian girls or Japanese/Korean juniors are going to be able to keep their jumps once they're old enough to compete in seniors. ...
I agree. We`ll see how many juniors keep their 3A`s, etc once they hit seniors. A few might. But, it was only that the Russians had this system - very young girls doing these amazing things for 1-2 years replaced by the next very youing girls. There are Tuk, Trusova and a few others that went longer, but with what help? (I know, not the place to rehash this). Anyway, Kaori was world champion with only one 3-3. The future is bright.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information