Worlds 2024 Women FS: ‘Where Have All The Knitters Gone?’

Jay42

Between the click of the light
I'm still literally enraged that this starts out with like 10 seconds of Disney's Hunchback of Notre Dame, which is brilliant and deserves to be skated to, and then it turns into tired old Notre Dame de Paris
Ok I know this is going to earn me judgement and I'm sorry I know I deserve it, I haven't seen Disney's Hunchback of Notre Dame (it's on the list, it's just a very long list) but it can't be worse than Notre Dame du Paris so I say bring it on. The opening music is better than everything else.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Has her dress always been like this with the white ropes? I don't remember hating her dress before.
Yes. I distinctly recall complaining about it during the fall.

And for all that Haein's SP was like the 2nd half of last season, I suspected it was an aberration given how this season has gone.

Aussie Willy

Hates both vegemite and peanut butter
Hmmm Lee was more like watching Gordon Ramsey than Stanley Tucci.

I have never got this music and I don't know why skaters think it is a good piece to skate to.

skatingguy

decently
Haein LEE 🇰🇷
Coach: Hyun Jung Chi
Music: Notre Dame de Paris

2A+3T - tight rotation on the triple toeloop
1Lz
3Lo - stumbled out
3S - 3-turn out

Fly Camel Spin 4
Fly Change Foot Combo Spin 4
Choreo Sequence
3Lz+2T+2Lo
3F
2A
Step Sequence 3

Change Foot Combo Spin 4

Also too many mistakes tonight.

121.93 = 12th Place
195.48 = 6th Place

Private Citizen

"PC." Pronouns: none/none
Isabeau only two points ahead of Kimmy. Kimmy was great, but Isabeau was in a different stratosphere

Isabeau lost six points in tech reviews and is only sixth in tech score. If she did get full-blown edge calls, as has been speculated, then it will be great incentive for her to start reworking her lutz entirely. I feel like the other jumps are ok enough, but the lutz is an eyesore and getting to be too big of a risk for her.

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
The girl that everybody hates her jumping technique is in a medal position. Probably going to send some people into a deep, dark depression.
No one WANTS her jumps to give out. We're AFRAID that they will. And we're glad that they haven't yet. This isn't hard to understand. :)

Anyway ... she had them tonight! Congratulations to her! :cheer2:

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
No, she is not. Isabeau is responsible for getting three spots for the women. Amber didn't even beat her own SB from SkAm today.

Lol I’m gonna go toe to toe with you. Hardly anyone got their personal best here unless you’re from the country of Switzerland.

Amber got three spots for the ladies with Isabeau. Nothings going to change that. No matter how you want to divert the narrative to have your dream team of Lindsay and Ava and Alysa after her absence.

OK I’m off to replenish snacks

Last edited:

caseyedwards

As I see it, there are the following problems with the Korean girls:

1. They are incredibly dull
2. They are incredibly similar
3. They skate to the same program

Beautiful SP, this LP got me to reconsider the wisdom of coming to Montreal at all.
They have no style other than judge pleasing ice princess

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
She fell apart and Isabeau kicked butt. You're not "responsible for getting 3 spots" if you put your compatriot who has never medaled at worlds before in a position where she must medal to get the spots.
Heck, when Amber was done we were staring down a situation where Isabeau had to WIN in order for the US to get 3 spots. Isabeau did her job today in skating clean and she absolutely has earned that silver medal she'll be taking home but the only reason we got three spots is because other skaters after Amber bombed, not because of anything Amber herself did.

Isabeau, Ava and Alysa for Boston!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information