Worlds 2024 Men FS: ‘Putting the Eh? in Standing Ovation’

Stephanie

If I've done my math correctly, Boston will see:

3: USA (1+5) and JPN (2+4)
2: SUI (6), LAT (7), ITA (9+16), KOR (10+16)

That's 14 guaranteed Direct Entries.

The Special Regs just say, "...the remaining ISU Members are listed in order of their bestplaced Skater in the same ISU World Championships to fill the Direct Entry spots." ie, there is no requirement that they make the FS.

So, the remaining 10 Direct Entries for Men should be:

From the eight Men who made the FS: EST (11), ISR (12), GEO (13), KAZ (14), MEX(15), CAN (17), ARM (22), SWE (23)

The the next two highest from the SP: AZE (25), MON (26)
You missed France's two spots.

Belsornia

I bite because I like it

From the eight Men who made the FS: EST (11), ISR (12), GEO (13), KAZ (14), MEX(15), CAN (17), ARM (22), SWE (23)

Wow, congratulations Davide Lewton Brain! Perseverance pays off.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Yes, looks right. Because both Korea and Canada lost a spot, we go down to 26. That's thrilling for Davide Lewton Brain.
If I've done my math correctly, Boston will see:

3: USA (1+5) and JPN (2+4)
2: SUI (6), LAT (7), ITA (9+16), KOR (10+16)

That's 14 guaranteed Direct Entries.

The Special Regs just say, "...the remaining ISU Members are listed in order of their bestplaced Skater in the same ISU World Championships to fill the Direct Entry spots." ie, there is no requirement that they make the FS.

No, you're wrong actually. You forgot FRA having 2, so therefore Brain actually doesn't have the spot. ETA- and Litvintsev misses, too. So it's just down to Noredback.

Last edited:

skategal

Bunny mama
Ahhhhhhhhhhh……I’m almost speechless. I had a feeling Ilia was going to win and he did.

I think I screamed my throat off. Lol!

It was amazing. So glad it was there to see it. Quad axel landed right in front of our section.

I made good on my promise to scream extra loud during Ilia’s medal ceremony. :lol:

Dream podium. Loved it!!

Kaz7714

I tend to thing Richaud is scariest when you have to put a mirror under his nose to see if he's breathing.
I just giggled and had wine up my nose, I hold you entirely responsible! I liked some of the programs he created but it is such hit and miss. His presence around skaters is annoying and he needs cutting down (as long as Adam is safe-slaps wrist for being so shallow). Oh well, this is figure skating. Reason does not come into it most of the time.

Jarrett

Go Mirai!
Reliving the night going through the thread. Thanks for all the memories. I can’t believe what I just watched honestly. Seemed like those type of performances were not possible. So many highlights from so many different skaters. Unlike the women’s field were so many look the same, the men all have their own styles and presence. Just fantastic. After the ho hum dance I didn’t expect that but it was pretty wonderful. Even the flops like Cha were still interesting.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
I don't think he made it into France's top 12?
That's a bit dramatic. :lol: He had meltdowns at the GPFinal and then the free skate at Nationals, dropped to 7th, was named to Euros, went and bombed there, and then called it a season to work on himself.

once_upon

Better off than 2020
That's a bit dramatic. He had meltdowns at the GPFinal and then the free skate at Nationals, dropped to 7th, was named to Euros, went and bombed there, and then called it a season to work on himself.
Ok, I knew it was greater than 5. I was just looking it up. Thanks 😀

I already argued about Caitlin Clark, I don't want anymore arguments 😀

Vagabond

1Ilia MALININ
USA.GIF
USA
2Yuma KAGIYAMA
JPN.GIF
JPN
3Adam SIAO HIM FA
FRA.GIF
FRA
4Shoma UNO
JPN.GIF
JPN
Gotta love COP. Under 6.0, this could never have happened. :COP:

Debbie S

What an amazing night of skating! So glad I got to see it live...it was worth the cost, the seat change nonsense, the frigid temps and the snow. And the long restroom lines b/c there are only 2 in the arena. I screamed so loud for every jump Ilia landed, I may not have much of a voice tomorrow.

I remember Ilia when he was a tween competing at the lower levels (up through Senior in 2021) at my club's summer comp. It was clear he had talent even at a young age and it's incredible to see how far he has come in only a few years. Congrats, Ilia! :cheer2:

Sad for Shoma but thrilled for Adam. Yuma was amazing. On to Boston!

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
This is the first year in forever (since Yags, shoot me, my taste in men has always been suspect) that men were more interesting than dance. I need another dance team to Uber, there are many I like but none to whom I’m unreasonably attached as I was to H/B.

I now can’t remember who it was, but I met someone here whose daughter graduated HS with Ilia. Her report was that around school he was not a big deal, didn’t call attention to himself and most people had no idea he was skating’s shooting star.

kemc

I want to go back & compare this to the Grand Prix Final performance because the program was so much better today after the opening four jumping passes. The energy level that he held through the end, and through the step sequence was so superior today. He was really performing today in a way that he has never done so before.
Yes! He is teachable and isn’t just skating through the music. I really noticed the development in both the SP and this performance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information