Worlds 2024 Free Dance: ‘The Moors of Montreal’

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Anyone else get the feeling during the anthem that Evan and Madi are going to be belting out "The Star-Spangled Banner" along with the rest of their teammates whenever they finally get their 2022 TE medal ceremony?

fsfann

What the fcuk is your problem with skaters' ages? I said it before and I'll say it again: if they didn't have the same skills or better skills than the younger skaters, they wouldn't be here.
The problem with Dance (more than the other disciplines) is that the "reputation/experience" mark clearly is a prevalent factor in scoring performances even though it should not be.

Matryeshka

Euler? Euler? Anyone?
I'm ready for the top 3 teams here to call it quits with all due respect for their talents they have all had numerous chances to medal at the Olympics and failed and i'd like to see these younger teams duke it out and get the shot at the podium. Average age of these teams in 2 years in Milan will be 35 how would we like that in singles.
Personally, I'd like it just fine. The older skaters tend to be infinitely more watchable. I mean, Kaori's double axel over any triple from Amber or Yoshida.

I don't know if C/B will make it to Milan, but I'd imagine the USFS will be happy for/encourage them to stay for both a home Worlds and Oly spots. If the US wants three spots in 2026, C/B have to stay in one more year. I also think the Italians will stay in for a home Olys--I certainly would. If any of them retire, I think it would be Piper/Paul, who could reasonably say they went out winners and beat the reigning world champions in the free dance. But I could also see them saying, we beat them in the FD and were one bauble in the RD from winning it all, why not a little payback in Boston?

We might not like it but as long as the judges are giving them the scores, stay in. And really, it's a sport. It's not the job of champions to step aside for a younger generation. It's the younger generation's job to beat them for the crown. And the only team I think of the younger ones you could rationally say should be up there are the LaLas. I think the French and CPom should be higher, but not podium-higher. And maybe it's less that the French, CPom should be higher as the Lithuanians, Georgians, and British should be lower.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
And most interesting, going by ordinals (that don't matter), Fear and Gibson only beat Lajoie and Lagha 5-4. Marjorie and Zach are very high up on the TES scorecards.

Just watch them.

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
That was a rather peaceful FD for those of us not really ubering anyone. Both French teams should be higher, LaLa should be ahead of everybody except maybe Piper and Paul but my reasons for the latter are only sentimental. An excellent comp for CarPon and the Koreans. Hoping baby Brits move up and Bashynska/Beaumont are at Workds next year.

TBH the French are going to have the best internal rivalry for some time to come.

~tapdancer~

Knees won't let me tap dance anymore
Have to give huge love and kudos to my two favorite teams...CPom (were so good!!!) and LaLa (who were also so good!!). They are the ones I wanted to see do well and they delivered. Also had really good results. Time for them both to be on the podium!

RoseAugust

I was sort of underwhelmed in general. I want to like ice dance more than I actually do and I think it's because of the name. It promises dancing, but I'm usually just not feeling the dancing in the music or the skating...to the degree I expect.

Last edited:

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
I am so :cheer2: for Orihara/Pirinen. They waited a long time to get to their first Worlds, and they didn't give up after being passed by Turkkila/Versluis and waiting for T/V to earn two spots. A first-time team at Worlds could very easily have missed the FD, but they went a solid 17-16 -- without a T/T slip on the lift it would have been 18th in the RD -- for a 16th place finish.

skategal

Bunny mama
That was a rather peaceful FD for those of us not really ubering anyone. Both French teams should be higher, LaLa should be ahead of everybody except maybe Piper and Paul but my reasons for the latter are only sentimental. An excellent comp for CarPon and the Koreans. Hoping baby Brits move up and Bashynska/Beaumont are at Workds next year.

TBH the French are going to have the best internal rivalry for some time to come.
Bashynska/Beaumont were at Worlds this year but only as spectators.

Soaking in some inspiration no doubt. :rollin:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information