Worlds 2024 Free Dance: ‘The Moors of Montreal’

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
I just discovered Jean-Michel Blais' music and didn't connect before that this was his music. His album Aubades is just gorgeous (it's all on YouTube if anyone wants to check it out). Yay LaLa for choosing him!

skatingguy

decently
Lilah FEAR / Lewis GIBSON 🇬🇧
Personal Best: 130.26
Season Best: 130.26
Current Rank: 4
Music: Gonna Fly Now (Theme from "Rocky") by Bill Conti
Gonna Fly Now (Varition) performed by Rocky Broadway Orchestra
Eye Of The Tiger performed by Tommee Profitt, Fjora
Eye Of The Tiger performed by Survivor
Eye Of The Tiger arranged by Kar Hugo
Coach: Romain Haguenauer, Patrice Lauzon, Marie-France Dubreuil

2024 & 2023 European silver medalists. Six-time National Champions. Ranked 10th at 2022 OWG. Finished 4th at 2023 WCh, their best result so far since starting to compete at WCh in 2017. Placed 5th at 2022 & 2020 ECh, 6th at 2019 ECh & 15th at 2017 ECh. Claimed gold & silver medals in their GP events & were 4th at the GP Final 2023. Won Nebelhorn Trophy & Nepela Trophy 2023. He was a single skater until Dec 2015. Train in Canada. Her younger sister Sasha competed at the World level in ice dance as well.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Bandit's timing is, once again, impeccable. She's stalking around, annoyed that I gently shoved her away at the start of this group. Like... Just... No, cat, you're not getting any attention for another 40 minutes at least!

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
The first element just tells the story. It's so carefully done, they don't really get natural push out of any of their movements, and they really have to get down in their knees to keep the movement going. Same with the twizzles, not exactly moving across the ice.

There's zero comparison foundational-wise to what we just saw, and the composition of the program sure as hell doesn't match up. It's fun for what it is, but this is a judged competition with criteria in place that shouldn't be ignored for the sake of it being so fun or audience-friendly.

I love them as people, I like their skating, but I want some justice at the top of the ice dance world.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
Yikes. I know I said yesterday I was rooting for them because of the chaos, but on the backs of LaLas, I just can't. This is just...not good. They seem so small by comparison and no amount of punches are going to help that.
They seem slower than I remember too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information