Worlds 2024 Free Dance: ‘The Moors of Montreal’

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Welp. That TES is gonna give them a run at winning the FD, but most likely silver.

With G/F's troubles I can't really argue too much. They lost 1.5 points or so after reviews, but without that they would've been just slightly behind C/B in the FD which is a success in itself, I guess.

skatingguy

decently
Piper GILLES / Paul Poirier 🇨🇦
Coach: Carol Lane, Juris Razgulajevs, Jon Lane
Music: Wuthering Heights (soundtrack) by R. Sakamoto

One Foot Turns W:4 M:2 (W:3 M:2 after review)
Straight Line Lift 4 + Rotational Lift 4
Choreo Character Step Sequence
Synchronized Twizzles W:4 M:4
Dance Spin 4
Diagonal Step Sequence W:3 M:2
Curve Lift 4
Choreo Dance Lift

Choreo Hydroblade Movement

That was the best performance of this program that we've seen. They had some real speed going into the one foot turns, and they attacked this performance. It won't be enough to win, but it was wonderful to see.

133.17 =1st Place
219.68 = 2nd Place

Last edited:

JoannaLouise

Official Toaster Oven Monitor
I don't have the tech tracker, so I have no idea where they are in relation to the other top teams right now, but I thought they created a pretty intense mood with that FD. (Or maybe it's just because I was so nervous for them.)

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Piper's facial expressions in this program slay me. :rofl: I do think they seemed a lot more relaxed and confident today than in the RD.
Agreed. They were just off in the RD yesterday. ChoBat were on fire and deserved their RD win. I can be fine with GilPoir winning the FD today - that was really quite marvelous and I don't hate this program as much as a lot of others. But I don't think they'll win overall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information