Worlds 2024 Free Dance: ‘The Moors of Montreal’

her grace

Team Guignard/Fabbri
I will gladly sacrifice R/A to get the French into the top 10. The program is WTF and their skating skills are still first group-level, not battling for the top 5 level.
Yes, but when do IAM teams ever drop?

R/A’s RD does great work interpreting the theme, but the FD is dull and without the underlying basics, they should drop (depending on how the other teams skate), but I’m not holding my breath.

skatingguy

decently
Laurence FOURNIER BEAUDRY / Nikolaj SOERENSEN 🇨🇦
Personal Best: 128.45
Season Best: 125.52
Current Rank: 10
Music: Danse Mon Esmeralda - Acoustic (from "Notre Dame de Paris") performed by Mario Pelchat
Final Angelus Bells by Monks Of The Abbey Of Notre Dame
Ave Maria Paien (from "Notre Dame de Paris") by Luc Plamondon, Ricchard Cocciante, performed by Noa
Ave Maria Paen arranged by Karl Hugo
Les Sans-Papiers (from "Notre Dame de Paris") by Cirque du Soleil, Jean-Phi Goncalves, Marie-Josée Lord
Danse Mon Esmeralda (from "Notre Dame de Paris") by Luc Plamondon, Ricchard Cocciante, performed by Garou
Danse Mon Esmeralda arranged by Karl Hugo
Coach: Marie-France Dubreuil, Patrice Lauzon, Romain Haguenauer

2023 Four Continents silver medalists. 2023 National Champions. Ranked 9th at 2022 OWG. Placed 5th at 2023 WCh, 9th at 2022 WCh, 8th at 2021 WCh & 10th at 2019 WCh. Represented Denmark until Jan 2018 as he is Danish originally and competed at ECh 2014-18 with their best result finishing 7th in 2017. Compete at WCh since 2014. Took silver in their two GP events & were 5th at GP Final 2023. Train here in Montreal.

skatingguy

decently
Laurence FOURNIER BEAUDRY / Nikolaj SOERENSEN 🇨🇦
Coach: M.-F. Dubreuil, P. Lauzon, R. Haguenauer
Music: Notre Dame de Paris

One Foot Turns W:3 M:3
Rotational Lift 4 + Stationary Lift 4
Synchronized Twizzles W:4 M:4
Diagonal Step Sequence W:3 M:2
Dance Spin 4
Choreo Assisted Jumps
Choreo Character Step Sequence
Curve Lift 4
Choreo Dance Lift

124.12 = 1st Place
199.91 = 1st Place

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
I haven't found this program effective at all, and I much prefer the FD from last year even though that was basically a rehash of things they've had before.

Objectively speaking, this is well-skated. I don't think it builds and I hate all of the FDs that opt for choreo assisted jumps into other choreo elements because it all stays slow-moving in center ice. The basics aren't Lajoie/Lagha level and hopefully this firmly places them behind that team if they do continue, but I can't really fault the performance. About as well as they could have hoped.

This is not the audience reaction that a select few were expecting, that's for sure. Standing ovation.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
F-B/S in Esmeralda. Love this. So triumphant at the end. Pure emotion. Glad that the audience shows love.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
Caught between two lovers - there's a free dance theme in there somewhere.
Umbrellas of Cherbourg. ;)

This is not the audience reaction that a select few were expecting, that's for sure. Standing ovation.
I'm willing to bet that at least 75% of the people in the arena have no idea about the accusations and only know that this team is Canadian.

peibeck

Simply looking
FB/S: Very cautious through the first half of that, and finally brought some fire in the last minute. Crowd seems rather forgiving of his scandal this afternoon. :shuffle:

skatingguy

decently
Juulia TURKKILA / Matthias VERSLUIS 🇫🇮
Personal Best: 120.65
Season Best: 118.15
Current Rank: 9
Music: Mass (Re-Imagined) by Phoria, Ed Sanderson, James Cheeseman, Jeb Hardwick, Seryn Burden, Trewin Howard
Loss by Phoria, Edward Sanderson, Jeb Hardwick, Seryn Burden, Tim Douglas, Trewin Howard
Coach: Maurizio Margaglio, Neil Brown

2023 European bronze medalists and first FIN ice dancers to win a medal at ECh since 1995. Four-time & reigning National Champions. Ranked 15th at 2022 OWG. Finished 9th at 2023 WCh, their best result after coming 12th at 2022 WCh, 21st at 2021 WCh & 16th in their debut at 2019 WCh. Were 6th at 2024 ECh. Ranked 3rd & 4th in their GP events 2023. First FIN ice dancers to win a GP medal with bronze in 2022. Won Finlandia Trophy 2023. Both were single skaters until teaming up and she competed at WCh & ECh in singles 2011-2014.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information