World of Dance - S3

HeatherC

Searching for Sanity
Wow, Unity LA was outstanding tonight. As someone who has been through some emotional crap with family stuff in the past, I totally understood that story and they danced it beautifully. So impressed with them tonight. :eek:

HeatherC

Searching for Sanity
Whoa, Unity LA just got TWO 100's in their scores tonight...and then The Kings did too!! They ended up beating out Unity LA after all by like .2. Wow. That Upper team division was brutal! :eek:

HeatherC

Searching for Sanity
The judges have a chance to save one eliminated act tonight as a wild card (which is new this year) so it will be interesting to see who they pick. :eek:

The judges wild card pick is.....not announced by the end of the show and I couldn't figure it out from the preview. Um, when do we find out??! Not until next week?! :yikes:

Scrufflet

What an ending! Hard fought and the upper groups really brought it. I'm getting annoyed with all the cutesy stuff with the judges. I want to see the dancers. The hosts have enough of a platform. That time could have been spent telling us who got the wild card. I felt ripped off that they didn't tell us.

cocotaffy

Fetchez la vache... mais fetchez la vache !
The Heimas were kind of disappointing this time around, the music wasn't very interesting and the choreography felt to similar to their other routines without bringing an edginess to it. This time around I preferred the Kings, I enjoyed the cinematic feel on this routing. United LA was way too melodramatic for my taste, yet the execution was very nice. It did remind me of a skating gala where skaters have fun with props on the ice, specifically H/D bringing a table once and C/B a chair another time.

Scrufflet

I thought the Heima were a little too understated this time. LAUnity really brought it and I think their use of the door was amazing. I think they will get the wild card. And the Kings! Wow just doesn't go far enough!

HeatherC

Searching for Sanity
Wow, everyone has been AMAZING on the finale tonight so I have no clue who is gonna end up winning overall. Its just a matter of taste for the judges at this point. :eek:

HeatherC

Searching for Sanity
Not terribly shocked by the winner tonight (I won't say who won so as not to spoil it for anyone who hasn't gotten to watch yet) but overall I thought it was an outstanding night of dancing and I can't argue with who won. Still hope this show goes back to the summer because I like it better as a summer show. :)

pixie cut

Not terribly shocked by the winner tonight (I won't say who won so as not to spoil it for anyone who hasn't gotten to watch yet) but overall I thought it was an outstanding night of dancing and I can't argue with who won. Still hope this show goes back to the summer because I like it better as a summer show. :)

The winner totally deserved it. I liked that it didn't run as many weeks as last summer. I'm okay with it in the winter and spring.

watchthis!!

Unity L.A. might not have won, but there will never be greater champions of poor sportsmanship than them. Both last week and this week...such SOUR faces, such sullen reactions. What horrible people! :lol: Pretty much every time someone else has lost, the performers have found a way to smile (at least a TINY bit)...and then congratulate those who did win. But Unity L.A.? Nothing. Not only did they lose, but they are also...definitely losers. :blah:

Scrufflet

I didn't see that. ^^^ Don't dwell on the negative. I agree with the order of the night. I adore The Kings and I want to see them again. If they did a tour, I'd go! It was so nice to see performers from last year. I do love this show even if we are seeing a little too much of the judges. Come on guys; you get enough air time already! Don't turn into DWTS. I love hearing what previous performers have been doing since then. What I would love to see is one night of Colossal All-Stars! Wouldn't that be fabulous?

pixie cut

Unity L.A. might not have won, but there will never be greater champions of poor sportsmanship than them. Both last week and this week...such SOUR faces, such sullen reactions. What horrible people! :lol: Pretty much every time someone else has lost, the performers have found a way to smile (at least a TINY bit)...and then congratulate those who did win. But Unity L.A.? Nothing. Not only did they lose, but they are also...definitely losers. :blah:

In all fairness, you don't know what production was doing, what direction they were receiving or how it was all edited. Every other finalist was given a fond farewell sendoff, but the first-runners-up were forced to just stand there barely being acknowledged while The Kings celebrated. Also, you don't know what their circumstances are. These are struggling artists. Briar Nolet has a long running TV gig in Canada. Ellie and Ava are kids supported by their parents. The VPeepz were visibly emotional and crying. Cut Unity LA a break. There has been way worse sportsmanship than a group of sad dancers coming to terms with falling just a fraction short.

chantilly

🙄

Rogue

Sexy Superhero
The Kings were phenomenal. It was obvious they were the winners.

Wish NeYo's foot hadn't been broken. Would have loved to see him dance as well as sing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information