Who's planning to go to Saitama for Worlds 2019?

Sugar64

Yay! My sister got tickets for the 20th and my mom got tickets for the 22nd for me. I’ll need to find extras for my husband now...

There’s a 2nd lottery for single day tickets starting 10/25.

My mother made some calls but hasn’t gotten answers on when sales start in other countries. 😡 I thought they would open up sales after this first lottery... 😢

npavel

still waiting ... but my friend got the 20th and 22nd for me. Now all the rest needed and maybe they open the selling some day to come

npavel

My friend has 4 more tickets for the 20th and 22nd if someone is interested

SkaterDude27

Hi everyone, I still struggling with how to buy tickets for Saitama world cup 2019 for foreigners. Where I can check the availability of the tickets? Is it lottery? Please send me the link... Thank all in advance!

SkaterDude27

Yay! My sister got tickets for the 20th and my mom got tickets for the 22nd for me. I’ll need to find extras for my husband now...

There’s a 2nd lottery for single day tickets starting 10/25.

My mother made some calls but hasn’t gotten answers on when sales start in other countries. 😡 I thought they would open up sales after this first lottery... 😢
Hi Sugar64, So your sister got tickets from the lottery, which was arranged for Japanese only?

Last edited:

rosewood

MTT Meter= 177
During the period of tickets sales, which starts on 8 November 2018 at 10:00 (JST) and finishes on 21 November 2018 at 23:59 (JST), you will be able to submit your ticket applications on the EMTG website.

It started today. Wish everyone who needs tickets can get yours. Good luck for the lottery! (・人・)

Last edited:

npavel

I don't really get the lottery. Can't they sell tickets like all the other events? Now we have to wait until 4 dec to know if we got them or not. If I do two requests and get both? or if I do only one and don't get them? ... :fragile:
:fragile:

muffinplus

I don't really get the lottery. Can't they sell tickets like all the other events? Now we have to wait until 4 dec to know if we got them or not. If I do two requests and get both? or if I do only one and don't get them? ... :fragile:
:fragile:
It's very annoying...

DobrinFan

So we have to enter our credit card information for a lottery? That's annoying and quite ridiculous.

And the all-event ticket includes the exhibition but *not* the practices? VERY annoying.

I also don't like not having an option to print the tickets or to even get them through the mail. Through text msg, really?

midori

Regarding E-Ticket system, in the past events I've heard that they were very strict about the phone number rule and once you put in a wrong number they wouldn't let you correct it, even when the registered number was obviously invalid. So, be very careful when typing it, and make sure to keep the number until the day of the event with an applicable phone.

Yes, it's really annoying, but I understand the system is trying to give you a slightly better chance to get your tickets by getting rid of scalpers.

I still don't like the E-Ticket system, and the drawing system is another story though...

midori

If I do two requests and get both? or if I do only one and don't get them?
You can't put multiple applications for one event and if you apply for two people by one application, you will get either both or none. Or at least that's how they usually do.

If you only get two days out of four days, I *think* you can give up the ones you get by not paying by the due date.

It looks like they take small fee for each application... This is new to me. That's probably the card number at the time of application for?

DaveRocks

Eh?
@midori, thanks for the information. So, if I "win the lottery", my credit card won't be charged unless I tell them to do so on December 4? They don't say either way on the English version website. Thanks!

midori

@midori, thanks for the information. So, if I "win the lottery", my credit card won't be charged unless I tell them to do so on December 4? They don't say either way on the English version website. Thanks!

The "giving-up" part is just my guess (hence the emphasis of *think*), and the source is simply based on the site linked above, in English. See the section of "Purchase the Tickets":
Payment Due:Tuesday, December 4, 2018,18:00 (JST) - Sunday, December 9, 2018,23:59 (JST)
And at the end of the page, in terms and conditions:
Reservations will be considered invalid if payment is not received within the payment period, so please ensure to not miss the payment deadline.

Well I hope they will show you a better instruction in the course of application process.

Last edited:

Sugar64

The lottery is especially inconvenient for making travel plans!

I wish they allowed us to choose a second seating option, if we can't get the Premium seats for an event let us choose the S seat for the same event!

starrynight

I was thinking about entering the lottery, but found the whole process with smart phone tickets and needing to enter a mobile number (I really get confused with international codes and it would be like me to get it wrong and mess it up) kind of very odd putting. I think I might give it a miss. Maybe the ticketing process will be simpler for Montreal Worlds

npavel

You can't put multiple applications for one event and if you apply for two people by one application, you will get either both or none. Or at least that's how they usually do.

If you only get two days out of four days, I *think* you can give up the ones you get by not paying by the due date.

It looks like they take small fee for each application... This is new to me. That's probably the card number at the time of application for?
Yes, I got it that way. As I go with my fridnd, I don’t know if my friend should apply too. We got the ladies sp and fs from a Japanese friend. We will do the trip no matter what, but we want men and ex too

npavel

That was what I wanted doo, but in the end I have choosen S as there arre more seats

beebee

This is the same exact system used for 2018 NHK. My credit card was automatically charged. When I received the notification email alerting that I’d won my tickets, it indicated that my credit card was already charged. EMTGs website doesn’t explain it that way imo, but that’s how they do it.

It’s a somewhat convoluted system, but it definitely keeps the scalpers out of the equation. Last season, it was virtually impossible for foreigners to get tickets for NHK or GPF. Literally, the second the tickets went on sale they showed as sold out.

muffinplus

This is the same exact system used for 2018 NHK. My credit card was automatically charged. When I received the notification email alerting that I’d won my tickets, it indicated that my credit card was already charged. EMTGs website doesn’t explain it that way imo, but that’s how they do it.

It’s a somewhat convoluted system, but it definitely keeps the scalpers out of the equation. Last season, it was virtually impossible for foreigners to get tickets for NHK or GPF. Literally, the second the tickets went on sale they showed as sold out.

Will there be a way to perform payment manually if card is declined for whatever reason?

DaveRocks

Eh?

Thanks so much for the explanation -- very, very helpful. :) Looking forward to seeing you there!

beebee

Will there be a way to perform payment manually if card is declined for whatever reason?
Don’t know for sure, but would think they’d contact you if your card is declined. Of course, it’s best to try to avoid this situation by alerting your bank of the impending charge.

beebee

Thanks so much for the explanation -- very, very helpful. :) Looking forward to seeing you there!
Do you plan to submit one or two applications? We can’t decide what to do. They seem to make it hard to sell your won tickets. I don’t want to be too lucky ;). Looking forward to seeing you as well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information