Which Three Russian ladies would you like to see on the worlds 2020 team?

Which Three Russian ladies do you want to see on the Worlds 2020 team for Russia?

• Elizaveta Tuktamysheva

Votes: 85 47.2%
  • Evgenia Medvedeva

Votes: 107 59.4%
  • Alexandra Trusova

Votes: 85 47.2%
  • Anna Schsherbakova

Votes: 42 23.3%
  • Alena Kostornaya

Votes: 110 61.1%
  • Alina Zagitova

Votes: 70 38.9%
  • Sofia Samodurova

Votes: 6 3.3%
  • Stanislava Konstantinova

Votes: 5 2.8%
  • Maria Sotskova

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Other

Votes: 3 1.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I think Zagitova will be on the team, as the defending WC, unless she has a poor GP series. Trusova has the most ammunition, so she will be on the team. Then it will come down to Tuk, Med, Kostornaia, and may be Shcherbakova as the dark horse, competing for the 3rd spot.

My desired picks were Tuk, Med, Trusova, but it is not going to happen.

wickedwitch

I voted for Kostornaia (my absolute favorite ladies skater on the world today), Scherbakova (with my favorite ladies program of the season), and Tuktamyseva (because I like her). But I wouldn't be too upset to see Trusova swap in for Tuktamyseva.

bcash

Kostornaia for the breath of fresh air that she is. Medvedeva for sympathy points. The third I really couldn't care less.

giselle23

I don’t care that much personally who is on the Russian team. If it’s who should be, at this point, early in the season, Trusova seems the most obvious choice. It’s too soon to say about the rest, so I’ll keep an eye on the poll as the season develops.

olympic

The most talented 6 are Trusova, Shcherbakova, Kostornaya, Zagitova, Medvedeva and Tuk. Unfortunately, I like Tuk but I think she would be the first elimination, and Trusova barring any disasters or injury as a probable pick which leave the other 4.

Zagitova is World and Olympic champion, so she might have a leg up on the other 3. But don't forget that Shcherbakova and Kostornaya beat her at Nationals last year. Medvedeva is super-determined. She may be at a disadvantage, but I can't leave her out. It will be really interesting.

seruleane

Most desired (purely based on personal preference): Alina, Anna, Aliona
Most likely: Sasha, Aliona (now with the 3As and highest PCS potential of the three Eteri rising seniors, I think she will make a very strong case) and Anna (but only if her 4lutz is stable). Alina has a chance if others falter OR if she shows strong consistency and maintains PCS edge, but Aliona will probably quickly gain on her.

Natanielle825

The most talented 6 are Trusova, Shcherbakova, Kostornaya, Zagitova, Medvedeva and Tuk. Unfortunately, I like Tuk but I think she would be the first elimination, and Trusova barring any disasters or injury as a probable pick which leave the other 4.

Zagitova is World and Olympic champion, so she might have a leg up on the other 3. But don't forget that Shcherbakova and Kostornaya beat her at Nationals last year. Medvedeva is super-determined. She may be at a disadvantage, but I can't leave her out. It will be really interesting.
Well said.

Natanielle825

I would guess that part of the decision, behind closed doors, is who the Russian Federation wants to promote to be the next Olympic champion.
I'm really wondering if theyll take the top 3 at nationals, however it works out that night, or if they'll hold off their decision till they can manipulate the ones they want onto the team like last year.

starrynight

I'm really wondering if theyll take the top 3 at nationals, however it works out that night, or if they'll hold off their decision till they can manipulate the ones they want onto the team like last year.

I’m prepared to bet there will be a Russian Cup Skate off after Europeans like last year.

Foolhardy Ham Lint

Kostornaia's free skate at Finlandia really took me by surprise. What a skate!

How long will it be before she and her team put a triple Axel in the short program as well?

Last edited:

DreamSkates

I don’t care that much personally who is on the Russian team. If it’s who should be, at this point, early in the season, Trusova seems the most obvious choice. It’s too soon to say about the rest, so I’ll keep an eye on the poll as the season develops.
Is this Trusova's first year in seniors? Then I'll wait and see how she does.

excessmotion

Why do you have Trusova over the others. What about Anna S? She is my favorite.

giselle23

Why do you have Trusova over the others. What about Anna S? She is my favorite.

I don't have her over the others. Her world record score at whatever competition that was suggests she is going to be dominant this season. So at the moment I wrote the post ("right now"), she seemed like an obvious choice. The rest were wait and see. I'm fine with putting Trusova in that category, too. As I said, I really don't care which Russian skaters are on the team.

Last edited:

Cachoo

Kostornaia's free skate at Finlandia really took me by surprise. What a skate!

How long will it be before she and her team put a triple Axel in the short program as well?

She connects to the audience in a way the other juniors (moving to seniors) do not connect imo.

muffinplus

Anna has to improve on her short significantly..67 will not cut it even with quads. A clean Alina and Alena will probably be 8 to 10 points ahead in the short just based on early season scoring

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information