Which Ladies go to the Olympics? Pre-GPF/Nationals Guesses

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
We've seen most of the ladies skate so far this season, so what are your guesses with three months until the Olympics?

RUS - Medvedeva Zagitova Tsurskaya
USA - Nagasu Wagner Hicks -- but really, who knows? They (including Chen and Bell) are all about even at this point. If Tennell can impress at Skate America like she did in the early season, she can throw her name in too, maybe even as a favorite :eek:
JPN - Higuchi Mihara
CAN - Osmond Daleman Chartrand. Meagan Duhamel could probably easily earn the 3rd spot, though. All joking aside, Alaine probably has a big PCS boost at Nationals over any other challengers and that'll help her if she continues with the major jump issues.
ITA- Kostner and Rodeghiero? She has yet to skate this year but Russo isn't competitive and there's no one else really pushing. Roberta was scheduled to skate at a Challenger this weekend but she is off that roster too, so who knows.
KOR - Da Bin Choi and? So Youn Park has not done herself any favors so far. Eunsoo Lim is too young, as are the other two top juniors. Maybe between So-hyun An and Hanul Kim.
KAZ- Tursynbaeva and Mambekova - do you think she will be sent? They've sent Rakimgaliev twice with about as much credential-wise as she has, so it's probably likely.
CHN- Xiangning Li
BEL - Loena Hendrickx
SVK - Nicole Rajicova
FRA - I'll go with Lecaveliver but that LP :slinkaway.... I think it'll be close with Meite either way
GER - Nicole Schott
HUN - Ivett Toth if she's healthy. If not, Fruzsina Medgeysi has the minimums if Hungary isn't too tough requirements-wise
LAT- This one is interesting. Kuchvalska is in *awful* shape so far this season and if that continues Diana Nikitina should easily earn the spot
AUS - Kailani Craine Edited per @Marco 's post below
SWE - With Helgesson retired, it's Matilda Algotsson's spot as long as the Swedish Olympic Committee isn't crazy
SUI - Alexia Paganini
BRA - Isadora Williams
FIN - Viveca Lindfors earned the spot but a toss-up between her and Emmi Peltonen. Both are wildly inconsistent
UKR- Anna Knychenkova

Last edited:

rfisher

Let the skating begin
No idea about the US ladies. None of them have been consistent. The USFSA could just pick three names out of a hat.

Russia: will all depend on the Death Games in December. The strongest will survive. And, based on that alone, I won't count Radionova out. She's a fighter and won't give up until it's over. Tuk and Pogo are not and won't fight for the spot. We know Eteri's girls have the goods. Sotskova is the mystery woman. She's consistent, but she's also not come up against Eteri's Tigers yet. We'll have to see.

I agree about Japan. Sadly, Miyahara isn't going to make the cut this season. Which breaks my heart, but Japan has too many others who will for them to go with sentiment.

All the rest are lucky they're the only ones.

pinky166

#allaboutthevoids #teamtrainwreck
Russia:
Medvedeva, Zagitova, Sotskova

USA:
Wagner, Nagasu, Bell

Japan:
Higuchi, Honda

France:
Lecavelier

Canada:
Osmond, Daleman, Chartrand

RoseRed

RUS - Medvedeva, Zagitova, and either Tsurskaya or Sotskova (small chance to Elena)
JPN - Higuchi and either Mihara or Honda (edge to Mai)
CHN - Xiangning Li
USA - Wagner, Nagasu, someone else (looking forward to seeing Bradie at SA, she had a strong summer + CS)

@Tony Wheeler you were joking about Meagan D., but I'm 100% sure that if Eric was still injured, that would be her plan.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications šŸ˜
I agree with you on Russia and Japan and most of the others.

I say USA: Wagner, Nagasu, Tennell (Courtney, nope)

France: No, its clearly Laurine (no matter if she's not being good to Daddy). There's no contest there.

cbd1235

USA: Wagner, Nagasu, Chen

Canada: Osmond, Daleman, Chartrand

Japan: Higuchi, Mihara

zigzig

RUS: Med, Zag, Tsu
CAN: Osmond, Daleman, Chartrand
USA: Wagner, Chen, Nagasu
JPN: Higuchi, Mihara

olympic

RUS: Med, Zag, Tsu
CAN: Osmond, Daleman, Chartrand
USA: Wagner, Chen, Nagasu
JPN: Higuchi, Mihara

Completely agree at this moment in time. But, I am going to hedge and wait to see what Tennell and Miyahara do at SA.

SamuraiK

Its actually quite a non surpring olympic season for the ladies spots. There's basically a consensus among us for all the federations with the exception of the USA and that's because no US lady has stepped up rather than because of a deep field.

J

Jeschke

I say Italians 2nd spot seems to be closer to Rizzoā€˜s girlfriend Cristini than to Rodeghiero right now. Cristini improved and already showed some decent results. While Roberta (ā€˜s problems) remain a big mistery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information