What's your all time favorite Michelle Kwan long program?

DannyCurry

That one is tough. It'd be much easier to pick my least favorite (2005 Worlds Bolero). Then, for the best program (but not performance), I'll go with Taj Mahal this time. Wonderful music and very detailed choreography. She looked incredibly mature and polished as such a young age (it was already the case a season earlier with Salomé, yet another fantastic program).
As for my personal favorite LP : The Red Violin at 2000 Worlds (not much choreo on that version, but she was so powerful, 7 triples, strong final triple lutz, intricate step sequence and super fast Charlotte to a strong finish, I love it so much <3) closely followed by Tosca at Nationals.

Triple loop

well this has been rehashed about 20 times since Ive been a member here , in fact I created the same thread too about 2 years ago.. but what the heck I'm in......

SONG OF THE BLACK SWAN hennnneyyyy!!!!!!

Bonuses: Dante's Prayer, Hands (Christmas version hennney)
I'm a new member since 3 days ago. So, I don't know what has been discussed. So sorry but thanks for your answer. 😀

binbinwinwin

There's only a few posts above me but I love how diverse the answers are so far.

Emotionally I want to pick Tosca, but The Red Violin was absolutely amazing and I also think of Salome for that wonderful showdown she had with Lu Chen.

VGThuy

I think if it wasn't for that one fall, the Skate America version of The Red Violin would be the perfect version of that program. Despite the fall, she got a 6.0 from the Austrian judge, and she still got 5 5.9s, including from the Russian judge. The judges were still near unanimously on her side during that time.

kwanatic

It's so hard to choose. I feel like choreographically it's b/w Taj Mahal and Ariane for me. Lyra Angelica was unbelievable too but it was more about the feeling she brought to that program for me.

I do know my favorite SP though: Dream of Desdemona. I did a whole post on it on my blog a few years ago: http://thenakedice.blogspot.com/2012/11/all-hail-kween-dream-of-desdemona.html:cheer: At the time it was my #2 behind Rachmaninoff I think, but over the years it's moved to my #1 favorite. Such a stunning program and delivery!

Simone411

To Boldly Explore Figure Skating Around The World
It's hard to choose because I love all her programs, but I decided to go with Michelle's long program from the 1996 Ultimate Four Challenge.

Pocahontas.

DimaToe

Retired by Frank Carroll
It wouldn’t feel right with the annual rehash of this thread.

I can’t just pick one. I get that the choreo in Salome and anything pre 2001 would make good choices. But the F.U that she gave with Song of the Black Swan at 2001 Worlds and the moment she created with Tosca at 2004 nationals makes it a tie between those two.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information