What song are you listening to?

Cachoo

In the '80s Philadelphia had a lesser-known program called Dancin' on Air. I never went but would watch after school.

I've started listening to the radio again on weekends, and a new favorite is local (Seattle) band Deep Sea Diver. The song that's been getting stuck in my head is Impossible Weight

Other songs knocking around my head lately:

Solange - Losing You (I love this video)

Amerie - 1 Thing - I had totally forgotten about this '90s gem. Those go-go drums are :swoon:

I remember that show! Or maybe it was "Dance Party USA." My cousins went on from time to time. I do remember this kid from the show and he was tiny and I think his name was Jimmy. I was watching for my cousin because she thought it might be one of her "appearances" :) and they had some old man on who wrote a fan letter to Jimmy. I mean the guy had to be in his late 50's or 60's and I thought Sweet Jesus don't you guys see what is happening here? What a creep. But otherwise I thought the show was fun.

I remember one of the regulars LOVED Prince. So I'll choose Let's Go Crazy:

Last edited:

Peaches LaTour

Maggie May - my ultimate October song.

I saw Rod Stewart in concert during his heyday. He had that spiked hairdo & he wore a skin tight jump suit. He was terrific. Of course he sang "Maggie Mae" & closed the show with "I Am Sailing". A very close friend of mine had just died suddenly & unexpectedly, at a very young age. When Rod sang "Sailing", they shone a spotlight on a large disco ball on the ceiling center of the arena & when it started turning, it looked like a million stars were circling in the arena. Suddenly I felt at peace with the tragedy we had just been through.

What am I listening to right now? My favorite slow doo-wop song, "You" by the Aquatones.

Susan1

I turned off American Top 40 the 70s because it was 1979. I liked some of the non-disco songs, like My Sharona, but bleah.

So, on the computer - Love Goes Where My Rosemary Goes. My friend, Shauna, had that 45 and we made up a baton routine to it. And then Love Theme from Romeo and Juliet. That's the first real song I learned to play on the piano (and Love Story).

Susan1

Nights in White Satin - Moody Blues
(We used to go see local oldies/classic rock bands in bars, and one of the bands did this song. In that small dark place, it was so good and so intense, that's what I think of every time I hear the song.)

Susan1

Witchy Woman - good song for October.

They must have switched to more of their fall playlist. Different stations mentioned summer a few months ago when I would change a station. They aren't now. I've heard Maggie May a couple times and also some songs that reminded me of going to football games.

Prancer

Chitarrista
Staff member
More Donovan - Sunshine Superman. Of course my favorite song of his is

B side to the hit Atlantis, so not that many people heard it. And, no, I never had the 45.
I did! I still know all the words.

Every now and then, I come across a song I used to really like. This one just cracks me up--listen to the guy talking in the background. :lol: My favorite is the long pause, then "What are you talking about?"

Boyfriend (Repeat) by Confidence Man

Susan1

I did! I still know all the words.

Every now and then, I come across a song I used to really like. This one just cracks me up--listen to the guy talking in the background. :lol: My favorite is the long pause, then "What are you talking about?"

Boyfriend (Repeat) by Confidence Man
I've said before that my two best friends both had older sisters (one had 2 and one had 3), so we had every 45. And we and they took them to other friends' houses and "borrowed" some that came home. And we'd listen to the B sides that weren't on the radio. Or songs on albums that didn't make the radio either. Here's one that was at Shauna's house I used to play all the time - B side of Tracy by the Cuff Links.

Cachoo

So Jerry Jeff Walker died (RIP) and we always liked his riff on "The Music Man" so today I listened to "Stereo Chickens."

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information