WEAVER AND POJE: The Future is Golden

barbarafan

I'm pretty sure the twitter for her and Andrew is basically just Kaitlyn running it. Andrew usually isn't much of a social media guy.

For some tech help - I think you need to use the instagram app on your phone to direct message. There's a big button called 'message' at the top of each person's profile.

P.S I'm not so much surprised by Madison and Adrian, they have seemed like they were very steady for some time now.

Thank-you...I now see the problem...I do not have a smart phone. Mine is actually pretty stupid. So you think if I DM the joint account in twitter Kaitlyn will be the media maid there...I shall try it.

Not exactly surprised about Madison & Adrian ..just the timing of it..When they are both pushing so hard to succeed. But seriously if they are heading down that road to wait another 4 yrs doesn't seem to be a lot of fun either, So happy for them.

starrynight

(I know this is a WP thread) Re Madison and Adrian... Also, with all the residency/visa requirements etc surrounding an American and a Spaniard, it might be more strategic to get married sooner rather than later so it is easier for them to settle down somewhere after they stop skating.

There is speculation Kaitlyn and Andrew's new exhibition program choreographed by Pasquale Camerlengo is to Tennessee Whiskey.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bhh27QCBCkI/?hl=en&taken-by=ka2sh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zAThXFOy2c

IloveFS

Yay!!that is mine as well.....42nd street...I asked because I was working so much I missed a lot of skating so I am sure there are some I might not have seen.Hope they come up with something brilliant next season

Next season - I think they do musicals well. With a tango short dance, maybe a rhumba/salsa/cha cha free dance???

starrynight

savchenkoboss

Banned Member
I think they have a great shot to win both their grand prix outings next year as they will be a top seed again. I hope they compete until 2022 Olympics!

RoseRed

I think they have a great shot to win both their grand prix outings next year as they will be a top seed again. I hope they compete until 2022 Olympics!
They won't be a top seed unless they again medal at Worlds, which, while very possible, is not a sure thing.

savchenkoboss

Banned Member
I mean this coming season they will be a top seed. That is already confirmed as they medaled at worlds last season. I am not talking about their seeding for future seasons. I think they have a great shot at hanging in for 2022 if they choose to go for it.

RoseRed

I mean this coming season they will be a top seed. That is already confirmed as they medaled at worlds last season. I am not talking about their seeding for future seasons. I think they have a great shot at hanging in for 2022 if they choose to go for it.
They aren't doing the GP this season.

savchenkoboss

Banned Member
They aren't doing the GP this season.

Whoops, didnt realize the GP assignments were already out. Thanks for that. Are they planning on doing Worlds? I think this is a mistake if they are planning to continue, they finally got some momentum after medaling at worlds, they need to continue it. Even a short break and they can be easily forgotten quickly.

lauravvv

savchebkoboss - Of course, what you are saying might happen. But someone had looked up that they haven't missed GP assignments for eleven seasons, and the last season was not easy for them, so it's not surprising that they want a longer break for regrouping. Plus, they are doing Virtue/Moir's 'Thank You Canada' tour with shows in many smaller Canadian cities during the GP season, which is a great opportunity for them.

~tapdancer~

Knees won't let me tap dance anymore
To those who saw their RD at the ACI, hope you enjoyed it as much as I did! It was gorgeous in every way. Kaitlyn's dress was stunning and so was she! The RD was beautiful, Libertango, but was sensual and romantic at first with the Argentine Tango so smooth...then it got sharper both in the music and the footwork. Their lift was amazing, beautiful change of positions and twizzles were great. All in all, a very excellent performance and their score was 76+ which is pretty darn good for so early in the season. I still think they were smart to do the Canada tour, these programs will get a lot of mileage and they will be ready for nationals.

Shayii

Oh I love their new FD! I have a feeling it's going to be my favorite FD of theirs even more-so than Je Suis Malade. The music, the choreography, the costumes everything about it. It's actually a bit unfortunate they're not doing the GP series I think they could be very competitive with the two programs they have this season. Good luck to them regardless.

~tapdancer~

Knees won't let me tap dance anymore
Oh my gosh, that FD was beyond anything they have done...just lyrical, strong, passionate, and skated so well. They are in the realm of legend now with their growth and the years of improvement. They were beautiful as always, stunning costumes for both. And the emotion you could see so well, thinking of their friend, Denis Ten. I can't even say how much I loved both their programs and just thinking they could well win Worlds with this. Nothing else will come close for me this season. Even if we don't get to see them on the GP, doesn't matter. They are in a great place for them and I wish them nothing but success! BTW, great score...120+

jl22aries

I absolutely LOVE WP's programs this year, and their skating, movement, and emotion on the ice. I tend to forget about them in the mix sometimes, I must admit, and then I watch them skate (especially live) and am really startled by how emotional they make me feel - how great they are at reaching out to the audience. LOVE both programs. Can't wait to watch it live!!! Eeeee.

VGThuy

Are they planning on doing any other competitions this Fall or is that it for them until Nationals?

sap5

Oh I love their new FD! I have a feeling it's going to be my favorite FD of theirs even more-so than Je Suis Malade. The music, the choreography, the costumes everything about it. It's actually a bit unfortunate they're not doing the GP series I think they could be very competitive with the two programs they have this season. Good luck to them regardless.

I really like that they’re not doing the GP this year. Both their SD and FD this season are really audience friendly, and playing them to crowds so many times before Nats will allow them to play and grow that performance aspect of each. I want W/P to walk into the second half of the season fresh off positive crowd energy, with tremendous confidence and ready to compete.

Mad for Skating

The programs are exquisite!!! The Rhythm Dance is beautiful and romantic, but the FD just stole my breath. At the beginning of last season when Denis debuted his program to that music, I fell in love with it so much (literally I listened to that piece all the time for months). To see it turned into another program after the tragedy just filled my heart up...I’m pretty sure I’ll cry if I watch it again. Thank you WeaPo for making such a beautiful tribute and piece of art.

D

Deleted member 74551

The FD will probably grow on me (right now I think the music and movement aren’t quite connected) but I really love that RD, the first tango this season I’ve instantly clicked with. Excited for them this year! I’m impressed they still have so much passion after this long on the senior stage.

Last edited by a moderator:

aml78

Are they planning on doing any other competitions this Fall or is that it for them until Nationals?

This should be it for them until Nationals. They went straight to tour rehearsals and are there through the competitive season leading up to nationals. These programs should be nice and polished by nationals if they perform them on tour. It will be interesting to see how this approach works for them.

Sylvia

TBD
Article by Lynn Rutherford: https://olympics.nbcsports.com/2018...w-poje-debut-free-dance-tribute-to-denis-ten/
The free dance was choreographed by Pasquale Camerlengo, who coached Weaver and Poje for several years at the Detroit Skating Club. Although Nikolai Morozov, who works in Hackensack, remains the couple’s primary coach, they also work with Camerlengo and Igor Shpilband in Novi, Michigan.
Morozov thinks this arrangement of high-powered ice dance honchos is a trio made in heaven.
“They love to work with Pasquale, and Igor is very excited to work with them,” he said. “We are just happy because to us, it is most important that they are getting better. I don’t think we have egos any more. We are just happy to work with great skaters. It’s been very easy.”
Autumn Classic was Weaver and Poje’s first and only fall competition this season. They next compete at the 2019 Canadian Figure Skating Championships. Tomorrow [Sunday], they join rehearsals for the upcoming “Thank You Canada Tour” across the nation, along with Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir; Patrick Chan; Meagan Duhamel and Eric Radford; Kaetlyn Osmond; and other figure skating stars. The couple will alternate performing their competitive rhythm dance, a romantic tango, with their free dance.
Rutherford also spoke to them after their Rhythm Dance in Oakville - excerpt from the end of Friday's recap article:
“It’s a romantic tango. We wanted to take away the aggression and the over the top drama, we’ve done that (before),” Weaver said. “We want to do something understated and beautiful and romantic.”
“The feeling we’re trying to create is: you’re going to a ball and halfway into the night, the slow song comes on, you see each other and you connect immediately,” Poje said.
The skaters, who split their time between Hackensack, New Jersey and Novi, Michigan, train under a trifecta of prominent ice dance coaches including Nikolai Morozov in Hackensack, and Shpilband and Pasquale Camerlengo in Novi.
“(Shpilband and Camerlengo) are very seamless,” Weaver said. “Pasquale is an artist, Igor is also an artist as well as a great technician. The great thing is everyone is under one plan. Nikolai communicates with Igor on a daily basis and Pasquale is always involved as well… We have three of the most legendary coaches ever, but it never feels like a competition. Everyone is united to help us reach our goals.”
“Nikolai is our head coach, and everyone realizes that,” Poje said. “The great thing is, Igor understands that. He and Pasquale are supplementing what we have.”

Last edited:

barbarafan

This should be it for them until Nationals. They went straight to tour rehearsals and are there through the competitive season leading up to nationals. These programs should be nice and polished by nationals if they perform them on tour. It will be interesting to see how this approach works for them.
I think it is the perfect vehicle...They also can get great critique and encouragement from the rest of their tour mates. Hope they have place (gyms etc ) on their stops to make sure proper conditioning is always available.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information