WEAVER AND POJE: The Future is Golden

~tapdancer~

Knees won't let me tap dance anymore
Go WeaPo! 3rd place...So happy to see them up with there again with a chance for another world medal. I love that SD and was glad to see it skated exactly like it was meant to be. That pattern step sequence was smooth as silk and so sexy! And yay for the twizzles. JSM has been really good for them this season and they feel it so I'm hoping they will really enjoy skating it for the last time in competition. By that I mean this particular FD, not that they are done competing.

manhn

La La Land! I am serious. If not, then Somewhere In Time. Or Pride and Prejudice, but all in period costume.

Emilia12

I think Pride and Prejudice program wont go too well with the new Ice dance rules. The one thing i'd love them to do is maybe rework their Elvis program they ditched as a waltz to a FD? or maybe a Swing

BlueRidge

AYS's snark-sponge
I loved Kaitlyn's reaction. I am happy for them on the podium! I hope they don't retire, but ?

~tapdancer~

So funny Kaitlyn thought for a sec they were 3rd. I guess, like me sometimes, they forget they show the FD rank first. Maybe they should put "FD rank" in the box?

aml78

They were pretty cagey in the press conference. Next season feels pretty uncertain.

Rafter

I am super happy for them. I truly believe they are two lovely people in and out of the sport of figure skating. If they continue - I think they skate best to "love" programs. I think they are a true couple - let's see it. I have loved some of their exhibitions.

Ive heard their relationship has been on and off over the years. Not sure of the current status.

Rafter

They were pretty cagey in the press conference. Next season feels pretty uncertain.

Based on her response in the SD press conference and his today, my sense is they're not continuing. I guess we'll find out in a few months.

~tapdancer~

Think you all would figure out exactly what their "status" is if you follow Kaitlyn on Instagram. Just saying...I know, I'm being as cagey as they are. :) But I always let the skaters tell their own stories when it happens.

aml78

Think you all would figure out exactly what their "status" is if you follow Kaitlyn on Instagram. Just saying...I know, I'm being as cagey as they are. :) But I always let the skaters tell their own stories when it happens.

They seem like they are together. Pretty sure her Valentines gift was in Andrews handwriting.

ryanj07

I've been a fan of them since the beginning of their partnership, I loved seeing them back on the podium! JSM will always be one of my favorite dance programs. I hope they continue until Montreal at least but can understand if they want to leave on the high of winning another world medal.

nimi

ICYMI: In the FD press conference, their answer to "what's next?" was basically "we'll see". https://youtu.be/-5Nu9PELPRg?t=25m7s

Earlier on, they talked about how difficult this season had been for them (dealing with injuries etc.) and how happy they are to end it with a very good performance and a podium placement.

Personally, I choose not to read too much into their answers. I don't think they have had the time to process things yet. I mean, to get through this season you'd think their mindset was something like "gotta be ready for Olys and focus and stay in the moment" and then "gotta be ready for Worlds and focus and stay in the moment", as opposed to "let's sit around and re-evaluate our life and career goals and spend time and mental energy thinking about what we're gonna do after this season before we've even finished this season". And then right after the last competition of the Olympic season is finally over, they get in front of the press and immediately get quizzed about their future plans... It might take a while before they know what their future plans are like and that's 100% fine.

steph28

I am happy for them that this season had ended with a podium finish at the Worlds ! 😃 And I agree that the Press Conference did’nt tell us very much about their future projects, and that time only will tell us! 😉 I also hope that they continue until Montréal Worlds, as it will be a sweet farewell to competitive skating un front of canadian fans!

~tapdancer~

You meant 4th, right? They were 4th in the FD and 3rd overall.
Weaver/Poje skated 2nd last so at that point they were third in the free dance and second overall.
Yeah, like starrynight said...when the scores came up it said they were 3rd but the overall score had not been put up yet. Knowing there was still H/D to skate for a brief moment they thought they were going to be 4th overall. So happy that wasn't the case!!

IloveFS

I may be living in a dream world but I only have 1 theory if Wea Po decide not to continue. I think it might have something to do with VM.

starrynight

I may be living in a dream world but I only have 1 theory if Wea Po decide not to continue. I think it might have something to do with VM.

I know this is a W/P thread, but I feel like there is a 1000% higher chance WP will continue rather than VM. VM pulled out all stops to snatch a victory at the Olympics that (especially after observing worlds on the whole) I feel was not particularly intended for them by the powers that be. They would be much better cruising out on a high and enjoying themselves with untarnished gold around their necks.

But anyway, I feel that Skate Canada might want WP to stay in to help keep dance spots ahead of 2020. These Worlds showed just how quickly things can unravel. If there hadn't been a total bomb by the top men and Keegan had not stepped up so strongly, Canada could have been down to 1 mens spot and possibly even 1 pairs spot had Kirsten and Michael not been so good in the FS.

I also wonder if WP might like to have a couple of good seasons without the background noise and disappointment that this season has entailed. Injuries, not the placements they wanted, their original FD not working out etc. It would be great for them to finish up with one or two new FDs and maybe in front of a home crowd at 2020 Worlds.

manhn

It should be noted that WP, when VM did not compete those season, got a bronze and 6th at Worlds. When VM competed those season, WP got a 4th and bronze at Worlds.

starrynight

It should be noted that WP, when VM did not compete those season, got a bronze and 6th at Worlds. When VM competed those season, WP got a 4th and bronze at Worlds.

I think the correct placement was 5th. :) You could also count their silver from 2014.

Weaver/Poje have actually been in the top 5 at every worlds for the last 2 quads ie 2011 to 2018.

They were not acting at these Worlds like it was their last one. They were quite business like in their post skate reactions. You could tell they were there to get the job done and were not getting overly emotional. Kaitlyn in particular would not have been so composed of she knew it was her last competitive skate. So I'm sure they have made no decision yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information