Volosozhar/Trankov - Cheer Thread!

zebraswan

Last edited:

Amantide

Last edited:

kinoriH

No, sorry...I just edited my post. Tanya says in the other article that they were prepared especially for this show.

this is surprising too. How do they have time to prepare two new programs?! haha I swear these two are superheros.

borzaya

this is surprising too. How do they have time to prepare two new programs?! haha I swear these two are superheros.
Maybe, these programs will be their gala programs for the next season?
And as for their competitive progams, they were already virtually ready for the last season (except for those elements, which Max's shoulder didn't permit them to do at that time) - so they don't have to make the competitive programs from the scratch for this season...

Karpenko

Not Impressed.
@Amantide I had no idea about the new one :kickass:, the illusion opening with the death spiral is awesome. :biggrinbo I loved all of the illusions actually, but ESP how you used the curves in the DS and that arched position in the lift.

The music is fab, the picture quality of all clips is superb and it's organized beautifully with great musicality. Bellissimo. :encore: McKayla is impressed too.

Last edited:

Amantide

@Amantide I had no idea about the new one :kickass:, the illusion opening with the death spiral is awesome. :biggrinbo I loved all of the illusions actually, but ESP how you used the curves in the DS and that arched position in the lift.

The music is fab, the picture quality of all clips is superb and it's organized beautifully with great musicality. Bellissimo. :encore: McKayla is impressed too.

Thank you.:encore:The DS illusion is not as good as it could be but I remembered your suggestion about it and I gave it a try, and I said let's try do something similar with some of the lifts. :biggrinbo
Whos' McKayla? :D

Karpenko

Not Impressed.
lol. The person in my avatar the past year who always has the :-* face. :p

I think the slow-motion helped on the spots you're referring to mrs perfectionist ;) (I freaking love it) it's just stellar.

For one of your next ones I would try out maybe just one skater/team at some point where you can use fluff pieces too and really go to town telling a story. (Like using Julia and the Nike ad with that fab footage..) if you're taking on any requests for later points in time, I think you'd be surprised at how much fun it would be while making a Lipnitskaya video.. :saint: or Tanya and Max because they are the best pairs team. (but Julia)

Amantide

lol. The person in my avatar the past year who always has the :-* face. :p

I think the slow-motion helped on the spots you're referring to mrs perfectionist ;) (I freaking love it) it's just stellar.

:p:lol:

For one of your next ones I would try out maybe just one skater/team at some point where you can use fluff pieces too and really go to town telling a story. (Like using Julia and the Nike ad with that fab footage..) if you're taking on any requests for later points in time, I think you'd be surprised at how much fun it would be while making a Lipnitskaya video.. :saint: or Tanya and Max because they are the best pairs team. (but Julia)

I'm thinking about that for a while now. I would love it and you just gave me a great idea to use Yulia and that Adidas ad. :biggrinboHummm I'll bother you in private about it. :p

Last edited:

Karpenko

Not Impressed.
;)

And see, I had always thought Nike all this time, Julia needs your help to set things straight. :D

Tanya and Max are going to have a stellar Dracula program. Just stellar. I really hope that Tatiana gets to be a bat. :kickass:

borzaya

A recent small interview from Tanya - www.allsportinfo.ru/index.php?id=94451
She says that they have just come from Denis Ten's show; that they are in good shape - due to participating in this show; now they are working at their new programs - Bollywood and Dracula; they also spend much time working at footwork and at pair elements and jump elements. Nina Mozer is on vacation now, they are waiting for her to come back, so they are working with Stas Morozov for now.

borzaya

There was also a big article about Nina Mozer and her group in ProSport magazine - prosport-online.ru/longreads/azbuka-mozer

Nina Mozer says there that Max was angry not long ago, he thinks that they don't get enough attention from NM now. She says: "Before the Olympics I managed to organize the training in such a way, that all the pairs didn't even feel that there were so many of them in the group. Then Tanya and Max skipped a year, didn't train, and the other pairs got used to me being with them all the time. Now Maxim comes back to a slightly different surroundings and feels as if someone else has taken his place in my life. But it's not so. Yes, the care and the attention are not a cake, they can't be shared in equal pieces; but surely I'll do my best so that no athlete in my group feels neglected. They are all different. I wish to make each pair in my group unique, with their unique style."

It's also confirmed in this article that Stas Morozov continues to work with them; besides, he works with a junior pair. He says that Tanya and Max are planning to do more complicated lifts and maybe jumps; but they won't do quad throws, and are neither planning to do quad twists (not clear, in the coming season only, or in general).

Cherub721

YEAH!
Thanks, boryaza! I was really hoping someone would translate the Mozer article. Poor Max. :rofl:

If you have time, would you mind giving the highlights about Mozer's other pairs? :)

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
What Mozer says sounds reasonable to me. I understand why Max (and Tanya) would have difficulty handling the changing environment, but I am sure that given enough time everyone will adjust. I hope they don't do something stupid like leaving Mozer who coached them to an OGM

clairecloutier

Not doing a quad twist is a mistake. S&H will win Worlds in that case

Yeah, I'm kind of surprised. V/T have the height for the quad twist--they should try it, I think. At least, they could start training it in practice (maybe they are). If S/H, P/Z, and S/K can do it, V/T certainly should be able to. I feel like V/T are perhaps relying overmuch on the large PCS margin they got during the 2013-14 season. I'm not sure that's still going to be there to the same extent next season. It may be, but it may not be. We won't know until the first events. Although of course, reputation always helps . . .

Amantide

Yeah, I'm kind of surprised. V/T have the height for the quad twist--they should try it, I think. At least, they could start training it in practice (maybe they are). If S/H, P/Z, and S/K can do it, V/T certainly should be able to. I feel like V/T are perhaps relying overmuch on the large PCS margin they got during the 2013-14 season. I'm not sure that's still going to be there to the same extent next season. It may be, but it may not be. We won't know until the first events. Although of course, reputation always helps . . .

There are certain things to be taken in consideration though. a) he may have not yet fully recovered with his shoulder, or arm (what was it?). b) having a big twist doesn't mean you can rotate faster and 4 times. S&H have a small twist despite being a quad, and the pairs you mentioned have lower twist than V&T and T&M. If they can manage to make new interesting lifts and new jumps, and possibly have good programs, it's okay. For now, at least.

clairecloutier

I think it was a shoulder injury. Yes, if he's still recovering, it might impede their ability to try quad twist. I agree that V/T may be able to stay on top without a quad twist or other quad, I'm just not totally convinced yet that they will. Having the throw 3F/Lz will help somewhat, and if they continue to get the same PCS as before, of course that helps tremendously. But I'm don't see how new lifts help, in terms of TES points, anyway. V/T already had all level 4 lifts during 2013-14; they can't go any higher, even if they try new variations.

Amantide

I think it was a shoulder injury. Yes, if he's still recovering, it might impede their ability to try quad twist. I agree that V/T may be able to stay on top without a quad twist or other quad, I'm just not totally convinced yet that they will.

I'm not 100% sure either, not after last season. :shuffle:

Having the throw 3F/Lz will help somewhat, and if they continue to get the same PCS as before, of course that helps tremendously. But I'm don't see how new lifts help, in terms of TES points, anyway. V/T already had all level 4 lifts during 2013-14; they can't go any higher, even if they try new variations.

No, it might help with GoE's and PCS only.

clairecloutier

Yes, if they put in some impressive new lifts, I could see it actually lifting their PCS, if the judges are appropriately amazed. :) I'm actually really curious to see what new lifts they might come up with. They have pretty much the best lifts in the world already, in my book!

Amantide

Yes, if they put in some impressive new lifts, I could see it actually lifting their PCS, if the judges are appropriately amazed. :) I'm actually really curious to see what new lifts they might come up with. They have pretty much the best lifts in the world already, in my book!

I'm not that much in love with their lifts tbh. Nothing against, but I prefer T&M and some of the chinese lifts more.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C

I think they may want to go slow, since they are coming back after an off season. They need to get into competition shape first, get married (it will create a distraction, no matter what anyone says). I think it's wise for them to not shake up things too much this season. It's possible that they may not win the gold at worlds, but they will have a better idea of what they will need for the next Olympics. They will still have the 2016-2017 season to introduce new elements, particularly a quad twist, before 2018.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information