Vaytsekhovskaya's interview with Stolbova

TAHbKA

Cats and garlic lover
Think Mozer had a n.1 team - VoloTran, who at that point planned pulling a Pluschenko - keeping till 2018 and doing a team event. So it made sene they should stay unbeatable for at least a seazon.
At that point Stolbova/Klimov were obviously Russia n.1 if anyone would let them and by 2016-2017 they were a bother - Tarasova/Morozov are younger, more consistent and far less demanding (they would skate to any crap proposed).
Mozer made lots of strategical mistakes trying to be loyal to Trankov then Larionov (Zabijako wasting a seazon on skating with him while Enbert was wasting time on Davankova), and then panicking when suddenly there was no one to be Russia n. 1 or 2 or 3 - whatever needed once Kawaguti/Smirnov were injure, Stolbova was having a 'don't let her compete with Trankov' season and Tarasova 'is just a junior with 2nd hand crazy carrot programmes'. Suddenly in order to keep 3 spots all her teams had to compete and they ended up with the Olympic champions being beaten by just about anyone.

hanca

Values her privacy
And it seems that she will be competing against Klimov! According to Moser, there is a new senior pair who are brilliant and super talented. And Klimov is their coach.

LarrySK8

This interview did nothing to change my opinions of her as a sportswoman or person. I find her to be a prima donna, drama queen who is hiding something (why she did not qualify for an Olympic invite) and good luck to any potential partner, who will likely end up carrying her luggage and being her butt-boy.

zebraswan

This interview did nothing to change my opinions of her as a sportswoman or person. I find her to be a prima donna, drama queen who is hiding something (why she did not qualify for an Olympic invite) and good luck to any potential partner, who will likely end up carrying her luggage and being her butt-boy.

Well, whatever will she do without your approval? Who are you again?

Amantide

Fans can perceive skaters in whatever way the want to perceive them. It's their prerogative.
So, don't get butthurt for petty things, cause that's what it is.

The truth is that we do not know these people. They may be drama queens or they may be self-serving good guys, in appearance only. We don't know.

We don't now what's going on behind the scenes, least of all we know them as people. FS is full of fake smiles and fake bitches. ;) Ultimately, I do not care otherway.

None of them is my friend or relative. If they are good peeps, good for them. If not, is their problem, not mine. They are adults and they can deal with their problems.

I met Ksenia once and she was a delight. But that doesn't mean anything. I still don't know her, or Fedor and the rest, and I don't care really.

What I care for is how good skaters they are, and what they bring on ice when they compete.
(Obviously without killing or hurting other people, possibly. :shuffle::slinkaway:p)

I follow figure skating because I like the sport, and love watching the competitions. I love her as a skater and I am thrilled to learn that she plans on competing. I loved Klibova as a Pair, they were my favorite Pair in the last 4 years. Pity it ended like this, but as we say here "Morto un papa se ne fa un altro"("When a Pope dies, a new one comes."). Life goes on.

So, fingers crossed for the new one. All the best wishes to them. I'm all hyped to see the new partnership.:respec:

Last edited:

Cachoo

You might be wrong or you might be right: I admit to knowing little about her. What I do know is that I find her compelling on the ice. I'm sad to here she won't be on this ice this season. My hope is that I will see her again with another partner.

Mad for Skating

And it seems that she will be competing against Klimov! According to Moser, there is a new senior pair who are brilliant and super talented. And Klimov is their coach.

Omg what the heck? Well I guess it’s like how Aliona competed against Tarasova/Morozov who were coached by Robin. I’m eager to see how this plays out though.

Fans can perceive skaters in whatever way the want to perceive them. It's their prerogative.
So, don't get butthurt for petty things, cause that's what it is.

The truth is that we do not know these people. They may be drama queens or they may be self-serving good guys, in appearance only. We don't know.

We don't now what's going on behind the scenes, least of all we know them as people. FS is full of fake smiles and fake bitches. ;) Ultimately, I do not care otherway.

None of them is my friend or relative. If they are good peeps, good for them. If not, is their problem, not mine. They are adults and they can deal with their problems.

I met Ksenia once and she was a delight. But that doesn't mean anything. I still don't know her, or Fedor and the rest, and I don't care really.

What I care for is how good skaters they are, and what they bring on ice when they compete.
(Obviously without killing or hurting other people, possibly. :shuffle::slinkaway:p)

I follow figure skating because I like the sport, and love watching the competitions. I love her as a skater and I am thrilled to learn that she plans on competing. I loved Klibova as a Pair, they were my favorite Pair in the last 4 years. Pity it ended like this, but as we say here "Morto un papa se ne fa un altro"("When a Pope dies, a new one comes."). Life goes on.

So, fingers crossed for the new one. All the best wishes to them. I'm all hyped to see the new partnership.:respec:

Preach it sister!!! Personally I think everyone who hates her is just afraid of a girl who could kick their butt lol. Whatever, I don’t care what they want to believe. “Imma tell them all that you can either hate me or love me, but that’s just the way I am.” - Charlie Puth

hanca

Values her privacy
Omg what the heck? Well I guess it’s like how Aliona competed against Tarasova/Morozov who were coached by Robin. I’m eager to see how this plays out though.
To be fair, it is only based on info from Moser and I am not sure whether she can be considered a reliable source of info. Does that pair really exist? Are they really good enough that they could get be sent to international competitions? It is a bit weird that no one has heard about this pair because I follow Russian pairs quite closely. Saying that, there is plenty of single skaters (or skaters who have been doing pairs for a year or two but with insignificant results) who if they were paired with the right partner could achieve pretty decent results (just like Alexandrovskaya/Windsor). But in such case I don’t think at this stage they would be so great that they could be described as the future of Russian pair skating. We will have to see.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
I'm just hoping Morozov has some inside information about a release from France. He seems to have good connections with the RuFed, so I'm hoping he feels there is a chance and they aren't wasting their time.

Perky Shae Lynn

Nobody cares about your opinion of Stolbova. Would be great if you kept the insults, the name calling and the insinuations to yourself. Feel like taking a shower after reading this nasty stuff.

Mad for Skating

To be fair, it is only based on info from Moser and I am not sure whether she can be considered a reliable source of info. Does that pair really exist? Are they really good enough that they could get be sent to international competitions? It is a bit weird that no one has heard about this pair because I follow Russian pairs quite closely. Saying that, there is plenty of single skaters (or skaters who have been doing pairs for a year or two but with insignificant results) who if they were paired with the right partner could achieve pretty decent results (just like Alexandrovskaya/Windsor). But in such case I don’t think at this stage they would be so great that they could be described as the future of Russian pair skating. We will have to see.

Agree. I really am curious to know!

I am looking forward to see Ksenia and her new partner develop and compete in the next few seasons. Female pairs skaters are some of the toughest athletes I've ever observed. They just don't quit and it's very admirable.

I literally started following pairs because I love how tough the girls are. They’re a huge inspiration for me.

I'm just hoping Morozov has some inside information about a release from France. He seems to have good connections with the RuFed, so I'm hoping he feels there is a chance and they aren't wasting their time.

Guess he’s gotta go sleep with TAT :scream:

She can commiserate with Barbara Fusar-Poli.

Lol exactly! Besides that one glare, I never got a bad impression about Barbara.

Nobody cares about your opinion of Stolbova. Would be great if you kept the insults, the name calling and the insinuations to yourself. Feel like taking a shower after reading this nasty stuff.

@Perky Shae Lynn i love you so much

Bigbird

The only thing that trumps the rampant politics in Russian Figure Skating is absolute brilliance. With all we've seen in men's and dance in particular, you have to be thick skinned in Russia or they'll eat you alive. So Stolbova may come across as sharp at times because she has to be. Some just do a better job of faking it.

Mad for Skating

Ksenia posted on her Instagram story (I saved the pic on my account so I could link it). She looks so happy and adorable! https://www.instagram.com/p/Bnvc3rkjhjB/

Sleeping with TAT is not going to get release for Novoselov. It is the French federation who needs to grant the release. If he was to sleep with Didier, that could do the job. :slinkaway

Lol then I guess we need to send Ksenia to do that job...

The only thing that trumps the rampant politics in Russian Figure Skating is absolute brilliance. With all we've seen in men's and dance in particular, you have to be thick skinned in Russia or they'll eat you alive. So Stolbova may come across as sharp at times because she has to be. Some just do a better job of faking it.

True! I think she just has two sides to her - a tough competitive side and an adorable sweet side. Nothing wrong with that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information