US Figure Skating Television Schedule for 2021-2022

love skating

Clueless American
This is my first year having Peacock for Nationals. What I'm wondering is if I can watch Peacock live for the Women's Free here on the West Coast or will they make me wait for the tape delayed NBC version three hours later? If so, I will have to search for an East Coast live feed/stream like I do EVERY year! Frustrates me so much.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
This is my first year having Peacock for Nationals. What I'm wondering is if I can watch Peacock live for the Women's Free here on the West Coast or will they make me wait for the tape delayed NBC version three hours later? If so, I will have to search for an East Coast live feed/stream like I do EVERY year! Frustrates me so much.
Peacock is always live. It's a stream straight from the arena. It almost never has commentary either. (I think it had commentary for one ISU comp once.) And no ads!

NBC and USA Network will be showing the packaged versions with commentary, not showing all the skaters, having ads and fluff pieces, and tape delays for certain parts of the country.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
Well Peacock is streaming so it will be available as it happens I believe. I don’t think streaming offers tape delays

love skating

Clueless American
Thanks for the replies. I thought I remember back when it was on gold pass or whatever it used to be called that they sometimes wouldn't show live stuff when the NBC broadcasts were on. Or am I misremembering? I just remember fans complaining in the past. I'm happy to know it won't be a problem on Peacock.

Rukia

A Southern, hot-blooded temperamental individual
Thanks for the replies. I thought I remember back when it was on gold pass or whatever it used to be called that they sometimes wouldn't show live stuff when the NBC broadcasts were on. Or am I misremembering? I just remember fans complaining in the past. I'm happy to know it won't be a problem on Peacock.
That was an Ice Network thing.

Jammers

My Xfinity listing shows the RD starting at 4:30pm ET/1:30pm PT.

Also, the Women's Free Skate on NBC is NOT live on the West Coast - obviously tape-delayed for primetime. The Saturday & Sunday NBC broadcasts ARE live, though, as is everything on USA Network.
Of course the Women's free skate isn't live here on the west coast we get screwed over year after year on this side of the country. NBC always shows everything else live but the ladies. It's really just some bullshit. And i really hate how the ladies event is over now before the weekend starts and the men haven't even skated yet. Please go back to the old schedule of the last decade.

marmalade

Stalking Cizeron's Instagram
Of course the Women's free skate isn't live here on the west coast we get screwed over year after year on this side of the country. NBC always shows everything else live but the ladies. It's really just some bullshit.
It should be streaming on Peacock.

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
And that’s why I love it! ❤️ 💕 💗
Again, please don’t tempt NBC into spoiling our quiet little corner. Given their penchant for cutting production costs, it wouldn’t surprise me if they stream the USA Network live broadcast feeds. I hope to be pleasantly surprised.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
So Peacockwill show all of the ladies not just the first group like IceNetwork used to do because of NBC?
Just checked my recordings of 2021 Nats on Peacock. All 16 W SPs shown - Ushakova to Tennell- in succession, in real time, on Peacock. Same with the LPs: all 16, from Hawk to Bell.

Rukia

A Southern, hot-blooded temperamental individual
So Peacockwill show all of the ladies not just the first group like IceNetwork used to do because of NBC?
I mean no one can say for a certainty because live moves fast yo, but last year yes Peacock showed everyone live.

toddlj

I also love that with Peacock you can watch the whole event even if you're late for some reason, events are offered for "replay" not long after they are complete, and depending on your device, you can also "rewind" the event while it's happening by just dragging back the play bar back to the beginning.

LeafOnTheWind

I started looking for events on Peacock and found they are up to their usual competence level. I found them in the expanded Live and Upcoming schedule but they are not in the main Figure Skating hub. :rolleyes:

Go to the Sports tab and click on View All under Live and Upcoming

Nothing is tagged correctly. They don't have the Toyota sponsor or 2022 Nationals in the name so you can't even search by that. It's just listed with titles like Jr. Pairs Short Program without any other reference except the nonsearchable logo behind it. Not sure if USFSA can message them to get this stuff in the Figure Skating hub and labeled correctly. I will try to message Peacock but don't expect to see much results.

maureenfarone

I started looking for events on Peacock and found they are up to their usual competence level. I found them in the expanded Live and Upcoming schedule but they are not in the main Figure Skating hub. :rolleyes:

Go to the Sports tab and click on View All under Live and Upcoming

Nothing is tagged correctly. They don't have the Toyota sponsor or 2022 Nationals in the name so you can't even search by that. It's just listed with titles like Jr. Pairs Short Program without any other reference except the nonsearchable logo behind it. Not sure if USFSA can message them to get this stuff in the Figure Skating hub and labeled correctly. I will try to message Peacock but don't expect to see much results.
Thanks for finding this. The streaming seems good but this stuff :wall::wall::wall:

Aceon6

I just noticed that some of Euros is starting to show up on my DVR‘s to do list on a channel that I wouldn’t expect. If you get E!, they are showing the menzzz and woemen’s short on Thursday the 13th, and menzzz free on the 14th. Probably more. Nothing live, but it’s something.

E! is owned by NBCUniversal and is part of typical cable packages in the US.

sk9tingfan

Don't worry, USFS will publish their "Virtual Fan Experience" guide in the Fan Zone with all livestreaming & TV broadcast times before Nationals.

Just checked and I posted a 2021 U.S. Nationals info thread last year 2 days before the start of the Senior events (which were held before the Junior events).
Sylvia, I might have missed this earlier, but is there a streaming vehicle for the Juniors i.e. Peacock? Or are we out of luck? Thx

Lil Sarah

For those of us not in the US, or don’t have access to USA Network, there are some free streams around but make sure you have a GOOD antivirus program

LeafOnTheWind

Some, not all of the events are showing under the “figure skating“ tab in Peacock. Also, they have practice cam times also! :cheer2:
From what I can see the only parts not listed is Senior Men, both short and free, Senior Pairs Free Skate and Senior Free Dance.

Aceon6

I never expect Peacock to list anything until 48 hours before. Factor in the holiday week, and we will be lucky to see the full senior schedule by Wednesday.

Frau Muller

Just went into my TV’s Peacock (via remote control) to set-up the various events on what used to be called the “Watch List”…now called “My Stuff.” :huh:

Figure Skating no longer has its line as a unique sport at the first level, under Sports. I found the FS HUB (the icon with Nathan white t-shirt pic) by going to a new category titled “In Season” sports. :wall:

Once there, I found icons/apps for Nationals events through Sr Pairs SP on Thursday. All of the Tuesday & Wed stuff is there, incl all Jr events and first couple of days of Practice Cams.

That’s doing it via my SmartTV remote. I’m aware of the link to the computer site, with practically all Senior sessions listed (although not Juniors), but I prefer watching on the big screen.

So freakin’ tedious…

P.S. for computer users:
The computer/iPhone portal to the various Nationals events…showing only Senior events so far:

Last edited:

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
That’s doing it via my SmartTV remote. I’m aware of the link to the computer site, with practically all Senior sessions listed (although not Juniors), but I prefer watching on the big screen.

So freakin’ tedious…

P.S. for computer users:
The computer/iPhone portal to the various Nationals events…showing only Senior events so far:

You are making it way more difficult than necessary. Put the events in your stuff and then it'll be on the main screen when you go into Peacock. It doesn't matter if you do this via your computer or not-- Peacock is the same thing on a computer and on a TV. You were supplied (and liked) the comments about the link to do it in the other thread, and it included all the junior sessions. Alas, here it is again:

And FWIW, there is still a figure skating section within the Sports category (via the TV app) that will direct you to pretty much the same thing.

Frau Muller

You are making it way more difficult than necessary. Put the events in your stuff and then it'll be on the main screen when you go into Peacock. It doesn't matter if you do this via your computer or not-- Peacock is the same thing on a computer and on a TV. You were supplied (and liked) the comments about the link to do it in the other thread, and it included all the junior sessions. Alas, here it is again:

And FWIW, there is still a figure skating section within the Sports category (via the TV app) that will direct you to pretty much the same thing.
Thanks. Most of this applies. Indeed, as I open the icons & choose My Stuff - formerly Watch List - the My Stuff list is populated.

However, at this moment, Figure Skating is not an option in Sports; the skating “Hub” is within the category Currently In Season. Maybe Peacock is in the process of rearranging or doing housecleaning? It was (will again be?) easy, going to a Figure Skating category within Sports. I hope that the events after Sr Pairs SP appear tomorrow…so I’ll continue to populate My Stuff.

Then I’ll do it all again next week for Euros!

insideedgeua

For those of us not in the US, or don’t have access to USA Network, there are some free streams around but make sure you have a GOOD antivirus program
I hope that someone will post the links to these please.

It’s such a shame the the US limits their coverage so much.

I don’t know where people find these streams, I never have any luck finding them myself, so I’d be very grateful for any links posted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information