US Figure Skating Television Schedule for 2021-2022

honey

It is super frustrating to be outside the USA and trying to watch this. I’d be more than happy to pay for it, but it’s not even an option. Yes, ice network had problems, but I gladly forked over $$ every year just to watch US nationals. Wish that was still possible.

Hedwig

Antique member
I hope that someone will post the links to these please.

It’s such a shame the the US limits their coverage so much.

I don’t know where people find these streams, I never have any luck finding them myself, so I’d be very grateful for any links posted.
They are ususally posted in the beginning of the pbp threads in the KissnCry area

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Thanks. Most of this applies. Indeed, as I open the icons & choose My Stuff - formerly Watch List - the My Stuff list is populated.

However, at this moment, Figure Skating is not an option in Sports; the skating “Hub” is within the category Currently In Season. Maybe Peacock is in the process of rearranging or doing housecleaning? It was (will again be?) easy, going to a Figure Skating category within Sports. I hope that the events after Sr Pairs SP appear tomorrow…so I’ll continue to populate My Stuff.

Then I’ll do it all again next week for Euros!
Figure Skating IS an option in the Sports section of Peacock. If you scroll down to "Latest Events, Highlights & News" there is a Figure Skating icon - it's the fifth option available. I have to scroll to the right on the app, but all of the 2022 Nationals links are there in the FS hub.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Figure Skating IS an option in the Sports section of Peacock. If you scroll down to "Latest Events, Highlights & News" there is a Figure Skating icon - it's the fifth option available. I have to scroll to the right on the app, but all of the 2022 Nationals links are there in the FS hub.
Ok, thanks…yet another change to Peacock visuals! Figure skating used to have its own row of icons stretching across the screen…although it was all the way down at the bottom, after rugby, snowboarding and skiing.

missing

Well-Known To Whom She Wonders
I have no idea if this will help anyone here or even if it's true but IFS Magazine tweeted the following today:

IFS Magazine

@ifsmagazine

The 2022 U.S. Championships begin Tue., Jan. 4, with the junior pairs, men and rhythm dance. Stream available only in the U.S,, U.K. and Ireland. Senior events start Jan. 6.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Just checked Peacock TV-screen version. Figure Skating now has its very own category under Sports, with a row of Nationals-event icons across the screen!!! Woohoo! 🎉

Icons for events through Sr W SPs - the last event on Thursday - are up and can be added to My Stuff (formerly “Watch List”).

thvu

Usova's Apprentice

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
@thvu That‘s a great find. Depending on the US commentator situation on Peacock, I may need those links. I feel a server in France is calling my name!

Karen-W

I'm impressed that NBC/the USFS are making even just the Women and Men available at this time. Hopefully they will add Pairs and Dance, but, really, Ted Barton isn't wrong in praising both Russia and Canada for already having made their Nationals available to the rest of the world. The way to grow the sport is to ensure that as many countries as possible are streaming, worldwide, major events like their National Championships.

Braulio

Tuning up my Body of Work
I'm impressed that NBC/the USFS are making even just the Women and Men available at this time. Hopefully they will add Pairs and Dance, but, really, Ted Barton isn't wrong in praising both Russia and Canada for already having made their Nationals available to the rest of the world. The way to grow the sport is to ensure that as many countries as possible are streaming, worldwide, major events like their National Championships.

Well, Canadian Nationals have showed the first groups available to the world through their Dailymotion Channel BUT the final groups, those we have never been able to watch unless via a streaming link surfaced.

Or wont CBC geoblock this time the full competition?

Karen-W

Well, Canadian Nationals have showed the first groups available to the world through their Dailymotion Channel BUT the final groups, those we have never been able to watch unless via a streaming link surfaced.

Ted was saying, during Russian Nats, that Canadians would be available worldwide.

Skate Talker

This is the first time in many years that CBC has been the broadcaster for Canadians. It was CTV that prevented the last groups from being shown worldwide. CBC has a history of not geo-blocking any coverage of Figure Skating events to which they hold Canadian broadcast rights.

ETA "Figure Skating" events

Last edited:

Simone411

To Boldly Explore Figure Skating Around The World
I am sure the OC @misskarne refers to is not the same OC the american viewers get through TV: Olympic Channel 'Home of Team USA'

Here you have the TV Schedule for US Nationals
Eastern Time

Thursday January 6
5:00-7:00 PM Pairs Short LIVE (USA Network)
8:30-10:30 PM Women's Short LIVE (USA Network)

Friday January 7
4:00-6:00 PM Rhythm Dance LIVE (USA Network)
8:00-11:00 PM Women's Free Skate LIVE (NBC) Taped for West Coast

Saturday January 8
4:00-6:00 PM Men's Short Program LIVE (NBC)
7:00-10:00 PM Pairs Free & Dance Free LIVE (USA Network)

Sunday January 9
2:00-4:00 PM Men's Free Skate LIVE (NBC)
Thank you. I wrote all this out on a piece of paper using the Central time zone because I always get the times mixed up with the Eastern time zone if I don't! Believe me, it's worth it for me. It's happened too many times in the past where I turn on the TV and the skating has already been on for an hour!! :angryfire:rofl:

greenapple

Or wont CBC geoblock this time the full competition.
Even if CBC is geo-blocked (and I don't know that it will be) every skater in the entire competition will shown on the Skate Canada Daily Motion website, and that is free to everyone in the world.

I am so happy CTV no longer has the rights.

Karen-W

From the Pairs PBP thread - This link is live for anyone outside the US. Just checked it on my Opera browser with the VPN on and it's working!

Desperado

I’m in Canada and very annoyed that the Olympics Figure Skating Youtube Channel is not showing pairs or dance. :(

Skate Talker

I’m in Canada and very annoyed that the Olympics Figure Skating Youtube Channel is not showing pairs or dance. :(
They are showing them. (I watched both Senior events today from Canada without a VPN.) You just need to go to this site instead.

Right now only tomorrow's events are showing up in the "Coming Up" section - the Rhythm Dance and Ladies Free. For now the links only take you to another page with the same links but if you refresh the page around the start time shown there it will give you a link to the live stream (perhaps about 15 minutes before the official start time as posted on the Start Time/Results page?). Today if you opened the link prior to the actual event start time as listed on the Wedgie Data page, you got a short soundless looping vid until the stream started. Don't panic if the link doesn't work when expected. It will eventually work. Seems the start times are changing on the fly in Nashville.

Below "Coming Up" is a "Replays" section which already has Pairs Short and Ladies Short available. (Please note that the live stream for the Pairs Short started with the first team already in progress.)

I checked and the stream from this site was identical to the one from the Olympic Channel YouTube page. Basic commentary by Ben Agosto with not much talking during performances and not much real analysis. Many mentioned that Ben sounded like he had only been given 5 minutes notice that he was doing the job. I am wondering if the weather or pandemic issues led to him replacing someone else at the last moment.

Desperado

Thanks a lot @Skate Talker ! I see that they show a link to the replay of the Pairs event on the page too (but not in the “Replays” menu link. :confused:

Ben was OK. I’m sure he’ll be much better w/ the dance commentary though. ;)

BaileyCatts

US Nationals exhibitions was supposed to be on NBC on 1/15 at 4p. My viewer guide says it's been dumped for football. Is this for everyone or just me cause it's local team for me?

BaileyCatts

Hmm. Mine says Sunday is euros. Dammit. I can see euros on olympic channel repeats and e channel. NbC better show exhibitions.

Debbie S

Hmm. Mine says Sunday is euros. Dammit. I can see euros on olympic channel repeats and e channel. NbC better show exhibitions.
Your cable co might be slower in updating. Give it a few days. Euros was originally scheduled for that time slot on Sunday but they're probably putting it on OC. (Actually, a bunch of Euros and 4CC will be on E!. I think that's a new thing?)

BaileyCatts

I hope so. Olympic channel is supposed to be running US nationals repeats all this week, euros next week and 4cc week after. Euros women and men is on EChannel but you have to scan for it,, on at odd times.. I wanna see exhibitions.

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
Just double checked. I’m still showing a Nationals recap at 3 and the gala at 4 On Sunday.

My guide has Euros men and women on delay on E! Channel. Olympic Channel is repeating US Narts several times.

love skating

Clueless American
I was wondering too since I saw Saturday's broadcast was now football. My Sunday airing still says Euros but my cable guide is probably just not updated. We shall see what gets shown. But shouldn't US Figure Skating announce the new time?!?! Don't they want viewers?

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information