UPDATES ON MY DREAM TO LEARN TO ICE-DANCE...WISH ME LUCK!!

ioana

Good luck and have fun on Saturday. Nice to hear you're so close to having your first private lesson.

FSWer

Hi everyone. I just spoke with my Staff today (the one who will be bringing me down),and she said that mornings weren't good for her. But that afternoons (12:00 and after) would be good. So at this point the 8th of this Oct. is out to go. I am still working on a start Date and time to begin.

FSWer

Well,right now I just spoke with my Case-Worker,and I now just have to confer with my Staff to when she can bring me down. I also just found out that at Newington the Ice-Time fee gos by which Sesson you take. Some Sessons are labled a Freestyle,and some are labled as Public. I hope to go Oct.22nd.

Skittl1321

You should confirm the requirements to skate on freestyle so that you don't go to a session you are not allowed on.

Some rinks require a minimum test passed to use freestyle. Others let beginners on if they are with a coach. But don't assume, it would be very disappointing if you can't skate.

FSWer

It actually depends on the time of day,to if it's labled as Freestyle of Public. Should I try posting the e-mail Nick sent?

Clarice

Your coach should know whether or not they are allowed to teach you on a particular session. Are your coach and your staff talking to each other? It would probably be useful, to make sure that your coach is available at the time your staff can bring you to the rink.

FSWer

Ok. Because I'm trying to find a way for you all to know exactly what he said.

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
@FSWer I don't think we have to know what Nick said. But if Nick is going to give you a lesson on either the Freeskate or the Public session, ask him to be sure that you are qualified to skate on the session he is going to teach you on. If it's a public session, anyone can usually go on it, but as @rjblue says, some freeskate sessions have rules on who can skate on the session - usually that the skaters have to have passed a certain test or badge. You don't want to get to the rink and then discover that you can't go on the session because you don't qualify.

Skittl1321

If your coach suggested the session, that probably means you can skate on it. I just wanted to advise you that sometimes freestyle is not open to everyone, just in case it was your case workers who decided what time to take you to the rink. Nick might assume you meet the qualifications for the session if it is coming from you that you want to skate on it.

FSWer

You should confirm the requirements to skate on freestyle so that you don't go to a session you are not allowed on.

Some rinks require a minimum test passed to use freestyle. Others let beginners on if they are with a coach. But don't assume, it would be very disappointing if you can't skate.

Done....I just e-mailed him to confirm....You know something?...I feel real GREAT being able to trust you guys!!! My Mom says you don't always get good advice on a Message Board. But HEY!!! If I can't trust the very same Message Board that hooked up one well-known Ice-Dance Team....who CAN I trust? LOL. I speak of course of Melissa and Denis....(and for those of you here who don't know OR never knew...that IS exactly how they met. By this very SAME Board. LOL.

smileyskate

Glad things are moving in the right direction for you! Your caseworker may be able to find some special transit in your area to take you to your coach at the rink for little to no cost for those times nobody can bring you. Like people have posted here, don't be afraid of a group lesson and your caseworker might be able to check to see if there are only one or two others in your group. That can often happen for various reasons including day & time of day you go, though Saturdays are likely busiest. You might even do the group then have your own coach work with you before or after if it works out for you and the coach. Have fun!

FSWer

Glad things are moving in the right direction for you! Your caseworker may be able to find some special transit in your area to take you to your coach at the rink for little to no cost for those times nobody can bring you. Like people have posted here, don't be afraid of a group lesson and your caseworker might be able to check to see if there are only one or two others in your group. That can often happen for various reasons including day & time of day you go, though Saturdays are likely busiest. You might even do the group then have your own coach work with you before or after if it works out for you and the coach. Have fun!

Oh,I think he's going to do 1 on 1 with me. I will be going if the Rink still has it..as the coaches go by Newington's schedule.

FSWer

Say, is there anyone here who lives near by that would like to come see me take my lessons?

FSWer

Ok Friends. I just got a Tex back from Nick today,and he said Newington doesn't have Ice past 12:00 on Oct.,29th. Also my Staff still needs to fit it into her schedule. So right now,I'm having Nick call her,so that they can work something out. As they could do it better then me.

Clarice

That is a very good idea. It will be much easier to arrange your schedule if your staff and your coach talk to each other directly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information