Update for Windows 10 question (update won't install)

Moto Guzzi

My computer keeps restarting itself. It appears to be trying to install this update:

2018-01 cumulative update for windows 10 version 1709 for x64-based systems (KB4056892)(20)

I'm getting messages that the update has failed to install followed by Ox80070bc2.

I've tried Googling but get responses that want me to download a toolbar or a program to fix it. I am concerned about doing so, though, because the sites aren't Microsoft and I don't want to download malware.

Can anybody tell me what this is and how to fix it? It is annoying to have my computer restart several times a day, but I don't know what to do. :wall:

doubleturn

Rinkside on my iPhone
My computer keeps restarting itself. It appears to be trying to install this update:

2018-01 cumulative update for windows 10 version 1709 for x64-based systems (KB4056892)(20)

I'm getting messages that the update has failed to install followed by Ox80070bc2.

I've tried Googling but get responses that want me to download a toolbar or a program to fix it. I am concerned about doing so, though, because the sites aren't Microsoft and I don't want to download malware.

Can anybody tell me what this is and how to fix it? It is annoying to have my computer restart several times a day, but I don't know what to do. :wall:
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/error-0x80070bc2-when-windows-10-update-trying-to/ba4053f2-acec-43db-9305-bca3cc2b8b0c?auth=1

It has several possible solutions. I have a list of some of the more common error codes at work and may have a more detailed response in the morning. Hope this helps for now.

Moto Guzzi

^ Thank you. I will try this later. I just got home from a trip and have just turned on my computer after being without it for days.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information