Two Days in London

gkelly

When fellow FSUer and I went to the Eiffel Tower in March, it was a drizzly foggy day. We couldn't see the top of the tower from the ground, so there didn't seem to be any point going up (with umbrellas) and not being able to see the ground from there.

Lara

Bonjour/Hi to everyone at Worlds!
I'll definitely defer to Louis re. Mexican. I liked Qdoba while in Philly, but like I said my baseline is low. :lol:

And I think I felt some (not horrible) mugginess maybe twice at most while in the UK. Agreed the humidity is way better. It got hot on the double decker buses as soon as it was a bit warm outside though.

Rob

Beach Bum
I've had halloumi at a Middle Eastern restaurant here in Vancouver, BC. So, I would think it is probably available in the US as well.
I have had it in several Middle Eastern restaurants in the Washington DC area.

Its about 85 at the MD beaches now, but 74% humidity so feels like 93. But its down from high 90s so I will take it. When I got to the baseball game Tuesday, the heat index said 105. By the time I got back in the car, I looked like I went swimming in my clothes.

Last edited:

antmanb

I'll definitely defer to Louis re. Mexican. I liked Qdoba while in Philly, but like I said my baseline is low. :lol:

Mexican food in the UK is either non existent or absolutely terrible i'm very sad to say :yikes:

And I think I felt some (not horrible) mugginess maybe twice at most while in the UK. Agreed the humidity is way better. It got hot on the double decker buses as soon as it was a bit warm outside though.

Humidity tends to be greater in the north in general so Manchester and Leeds can get much more humid than London and the south generally. The exception has been the current weather we've been having (hence the moor fires in Greater Manchester). I have never experienced dry heat like it in all the years I've lived here. Perfect weather, just a shame for the moor fires that could do with the rain we see on a nearly daily basis usually.

flyingsit

The first time I went to London was late June and it was HOT. Low 90s, pretty humid, and most places were barely air-conditioned (if at all). The British Museum in particular was almost unbearable. I walked around the city looking like a tourist in a tank top and shorts, and sweated my way through.

oleada

Any restaurant recommendations for a nice dinner (not extremely pricey)?

Icetigger

Don't know if you have been yet or are going this weekend. however, my restaurant recommendation is Hoppers in St Christopher's Place. You will probably need to book. Let us know how your trip goes!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information