True Crime on Ice skating

livetoskate

Has anyone hear about the Florida State law professor Dan Markel murder mystery? Dan Markel was originally from Montreal and Toronto. He attended Harvard for both undergrad and law school. He also studied in London and Israel before going to law school. He married Wendi Adelson in 2006, and the two settled in Tallahassee, Florida, where Dan taught criminal law as a tenure-track law professor, and Wendi worked as a clinical law professor. They had two young children before Wendi decided to end the marriage in 2012 and tried to move away to south Florida. Dan Markel was shot to death in July 2014 by a hitman. Wendi's brother Charlie Adelson, a former periodontist, was convicted of his role in the murder for hire and sentenced to life last year, just like his ex-girlfriend Katie Magbanua and the hitman Sigfredo Garcia. Wendi's mother Donna Adelson was arrested and is currently in jail awaiting trial- currently set to begin 9/30/24 in Tallahassee; I plan to attend. Wendi Adelson has been named by the State as a co-conspirator in Markel's murder but has not yet been charged with any crime.

How does this tie into skating? Both have been passions of mine, since I had some mutual friends and acquaintances with Dan Markel and am familiar with the area of legal academia. One of my youtube channels has been focusing extensively on the Markel-Adelson case for the last couple of years, and I decided to start doing some skating videos tying in the case too. Since my skating abilities haven't been getting any better over the years, my coach and I have been having fun making up new programs and videos to draw attention to the case. In this one, I wore an outfit similar to what Wendi Adelson wore the day that she was interviewed by police:

In this one, I'm wearing outfits similar to what Donna Adelson wore when an FBI undercover agent approached her, and after her arrest:
Hope you enjoy it! I'm just an over the hill adult skater who used to compete in adult competitions. I took some big breaks and started taking private lessons again last year.

Reactions: KCC

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information