Tour de France time

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
Bummer. We used to have RAI. DH and I both understand a bit of Italian. BUT, the RAI stream works if you select an Italian server on your VPN. And, if I’m reading the site info correctly, they have replay and highlights. @Theatregirl1122, forza Italia!

Aceon6

Paris-Roubaix is now cancelled due to a local spike in crud near the start of the race. Bummer. It’s one of my favorites.

Garden Kitty

Tranquillo
Interesting article that focuses on Mark Cavendish and the possibility of retirement, but also talks generally about the sometimes difficult transition. I found this quote about an Aussie Rules Football player interesting:

He reflected that he didn’t know how much a pint of milk cost. He didn’t know how to go grocery shopping because through his star career someone had always done it for him. He struggled with not being famous, not publicly adored by fans, not the subject of women’s desire.

Aceon6

Sagan got a stage win at the Giro today. I love him (gotta be the coolest cyclist evah) and hate him (for his over aggressive tactics) at the same time.

Aceon6

Fernando Gaviria tested positive for C19 for the second time during Giro. (First time was in Feb/Mar during UAE Tour)

This is scary.
I’m not sure if I’m concerned. The tests that return results in less than 24 hours have a higher number of false positives than the slower PCR tests. With riders and support people being tested frequently, a certain number would be expected. Fingers crossed that he gets 2 consecutive negative tests.

Gris

不做奴才做公民
I’m not sure if I’m concerned. The tests that return results in less than 24 hours have a higher number of false positives than the slower PCR tests. With riders and support people being tested frequently, a certain number would be expected. Fingers crossed that he gets 2 consecutive negative tests.

Good point. I'm sure he'll go through more tests now and we shall figure out if this is just a false positive or he indeed caught it twice soon.

MsZem

I see the sea
Good point. I'm sure he'll go through more tests now and we shall figure out if this is just a false positive or he indeed caught it twice soon.
It's also important to remember that the vast majority of people are not testing positive twice within months. It's just that we're hearing mostly about the unusual cases, and tend to think of them as more frequent than they are.

Aceon6

Holy sh!t. The Giro is tied to the tenth going into tomorrows final stage TT. Too bad I can’t watch it.

Aceon6

And Teo takes the Giro. I guess that saves Ineos season.

Big shakeup in La Vuelta today. Sepp must have really struggled with the cold rain as he doesn’t carry one ounce of fat on that 6’ frame. Rolle said that Sepp weighs about 135. Anyway, Sepp is now nearly 10 minutes off Carapaz’ lead. I hope Carthy or Dan Martin can move up. Roglic now in 4th.

Garden Kitty

Tranquillo
Glad they were able to pull of the Giro. Had a few more YKW issues than the tour, but it is an amazing accomplishment to pull off a Grand Tour this year. I was pleased reading all the precautions they took for Skate America, and I can't imagine how hard it must be to do it in an "arena" that picks up and moves every night.

Aceon6

What a wild finale to today’s Queen stage of La Vuelta. I didn't expect EF’s Carthy to be the one. It’s too bad Roglic needed help today as I would have liked to see Sepp be given the green light. The ITT on Tuesday will be epic.

Aceon6

Just popping in to say that today’s stage was pretty boring, but watching it meant I wasn’t watching you know what. Tomorrow looks to be bumpier and might be the dagger if Roglic has a good day.

Aceon6

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information