Top ten performances from the past 24 years, by Jackie Wong with videos

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Since these are Her favorites, I won't argue with her, but it's only natural to come up with a very different list. My list could change daily because there are so many great performances and so many that I love.

As much as I love V&T, I wouldn't have picked their performance with a fall. M&D's 1991 and G&G's 1989 were better performances, but may be she was not familiar with these legendary pairs.

I do realize that 'favorites' doesn't mean 'the greatest' or the best.

First of all, it's nearly impossible for me to pick the best 10 skates from even 5 years, leave alone 24 years. I agree with her about Irina's 2005 performance at worlds after she returned from her illness (actually she returned in 2004, but she was not yet in full FS form). Michelle's Red Violin was wonderful but it may not be at the top of my list of Michelle's performances. I liked Song of the black swan even more.

It is also difficult to compare SP with LP.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lys

ChelleC

Anti-quad activist
I pretty much agree with his choices.

The first time I got in to figure skating was 1993 Worlds and it was Kurt Browning's Casablanca program which did it. That's still one of my favorites.

Daisuke Takahashi in 2012 is another of my favorites, and Jeremy Abbott's 2014 fs would have been the PERFECT ending for his career.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information