TONIGHT! - Wednesday, MARCH 25 at 10pm UTC/6pm EST/5pm CT - 2001 Worlds - Ladies Top 18

rfisher

Let the skating begin
When she starts the final footwork sequence and smiles and you know she has it, is when I started standing and crying.

VGThuy

Omg. From the combo spin to the footwork to the Fw-to-triple Lutz to backwards spiral straight to the split falling leaf to that death drop to sit spin to scratch. That’s how you end a program.

Colonel Green

:encore::encore::encore:

YEAAHHHH!!! Fourth World title, second straight for my girl Michelle! She's on fire, ain't nobody gonna stop her from getting that gold next year in Salt Lake City!

shan

I always love that blurred image of the American flag in the background of Michelle's ending pose. :)

VGThuy

Hughes stole an ordinal from her. Kwan probably thought she lost the title after those marks.

VGThuy

It’s like Hughes and Slutskaya went to the same costume designer for their Don Quixote programs.

VGThuy

You can tell hearing Kwan’s ovation wigged her out a bit. That performance was self-conscious.

VGThuy

Has Chris said anything? Did he get sick again for Irina? I think Simon’s commentary is just covering his bases because he has no idea what he’s talking about.

VGThuy

This program is about liberty and free choice and fighting against the tide happening in early 2000s Russia.

VGThuy

Seriously, is this a skating program or just her launching jumps and spinning?

shan

While I wait for Volchkova's music to be done, oh my word it's monotonous.... I was thinking of another Russian skater who landed 3 axels at a GP in the late 90's I believe. Anyone remember her? Ludmilla something

VGThuy

While I wait for Volchkova's music to be done, oh my word it's monotonous.... I was thinking of another Russian skater who landed 3 axels at a GP in the late 90's I believe. Anyone remember her? Ludmilla something
2002 Skate America, Ludmila Nelidina. She complained that she lost to Kwan who stepped in last minute when Hughes dropped out. Then she disappeared.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information