Todd Sand Recovering from Heart Attack at Home

Jayar

Just got the press release...
Please attribute the following statement to U.S. Figure Skating:

"Olympic and World pairs coach Todd Sand has been hospitalized after suffering a heart attack early Thursday morning in Calgary, Alberta. Sand, a two-time Olympian, and his wife, Jenni Meno, are the coaching team of Sonia Baram and Daniel Tioumentsev, who will compete later today at the ISU World Junior Figure Skating Championships 2023 at WinSport Event Centre in Calgary."

Sadega

Sadega
Very thankful that if this had to happen, especially while he's traveling, that he was in Calgary. a major city with a number of excellent medical facilities. Hope this case is relatively mild and he recovers fully and quickly.
Calgary is known as having one of the best cardiac units/programs in North America. My husband and I (a former health care worker) would concur; he has been airlifted there for three heart attacks in the last 2 decades. Mr. Sand is in great hands!!

Sylvia

TBD
The Orange County Register reported that "Jenni Meno-Sand, his wife, co-coach and former skating partner, was on her way from Orange County to Alberta on Thursday morning."

ETA that I've moved my link to Alexa Knierim's post to my post below.

Last edited:

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
Glad to see that this thread has been moved to GSD.

Update at the end of Alexa's Instagram post today - "Todd is still fighting. We aren’t out of the woods yet and all hope and positivity is needed. Thank you." https://www.instagram.com/p/CpVa53iJR0Q/
Not that more evidence is needed but Bruno Massot just got a credibility boost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information