To Sing for the Day - Round 21

skatingfan5

Past Prancer's Corridor
Don't you mean Marvin Gaye? Love them but CCR's was just a cover.
I thought any version of a song was OK. I'm pretty sure I have posted versions of songs that weren't the original. :shuffle:

Back to the songs...

We Will Rock You -- Queen

Last edited:

skylark

Don't you mean Marvin Gaye? Love them but CCR's was just a cover.
Well, I wondered, and checked. Ended up listening to the CCR cover to verify that I liked it. So, we have to use the original artist? What if the artist isn't the song writer, can you use the writer's name instead? I already did, once; I said Rodgers and Hart.

By the way, I find that today the "Like" button is not showing up for me. So I can't "like" or "love" anything? I didn't change a setting, unless it was inadvertent. Anyone can help?

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
Well, I wondered, and checked. Ended up listening to the CCR cover to verify that I liked it. So, we have to use the original artist? What if the artist isn't the song writer, can you use the writer's name instead? I already did, once; I said Rodgers and Hart.

By the way, I find that today the "Like" button is not showing up for me. So I can't "like" or "love" anything? I didn't change a setting, unless it was inadvertent. Anyone can help?

Of course you can use anything you want. In fact everyone & his dog has recorded that song. I especially like Gladys Knight's version. Marvin didn't even write it but he was first. I was just surprised you picked CCR's version. I wasn't trying to tell you what to do.

Speaking of how people post in this thread I am also surprised that some people pick a song/artist that doesn't mirror the one above it.

skylark

Of course you can use anything you want. In fact everyone & his dog has recorded that song. I especially like Gladys Knight's version. Marvin didn't even write it but he was first. I was just surprised you picked CCR's version. I wasn't trying to tell you what to do.

Speaking of how people post in this thread I am also surprised that some people pick a song/artist that doesn't mirror the one above it.
That's kind of why I asked. I looked at the first post in this thread to read the "rules" for it, but this thread is a continuation so they weren't there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information