Tickets On Sale Thursday: 2018 Canadian Tire National Skating Championships

pat c

https://skatecanada.ca/2017/06/tick...canadian-tire-national-skating-championships/

VANCOUVER, BC: All-event tickets for the 2018 Canadian Tire National Skating Championships go on sale on Thursday, June 22, at 10:00 a.m. (PT). The event will take place in Vancouver, B.C., at the Doug Mitchell Thunderbird Sports Centre from January 8-14, 2018. The 2018 event will serve as a qualification event for the team that will compete at the 2018 Olympic Winter Games in PyeongChang, South Korea later that same year.

marigold

It says that presale begins on Tuesday at 9:00 am! Does anyone know how presale works? Do they limit the blocks of seats available for presale, or do you have access to the entire arena? Do we know which side the judges will be on?

jayta

They are on sale now for everyone. Unfortunately I didn't get in on the pre-sale :( Now there's barely anything close to the ice that isn't on the opposite side of the kiss and cry. I think it is ridiculous that they are blocking off VIP tickets for an extra $100 - with that you can get in the first three rows and a bag and flag for that?

I have been away from attending competitions for a while, but I didn't think it'd get this bad for moneygrubbing via Skate Canada.

chantilly

I guess it depends on your perspective.
I am almost centre ice 11 rows up.
I personally like to be further up to see the whole ice service.
I got through right away and for the second most expensive tickets.
Without the stupid fees they were just over $200 a piece.
For the entire week.
I think that's pretty cheap considering concerts are around $200+ a pop.
People bitch about Skate Canada being ineffective, but without money they wouldn't exist.
Their purpose with the VIP fan package is to create cameraderie and support and national pride before the games.
I still think $400 for the week is pretty damn fair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information