Things to do in Washington DC

DobrinFan

*BUMP*

I'm hoping to visit the National Museum of African American History & Culture next month. It looks like I'll need to get a timed pass early on the day of the visit or try to do a walk-in at 1:00 p.m. With that in mind, any guidance on how much time I should allot to see the museum and on how early I would need to get there for the walk-in would be appreciated.

I would also appreciate iany advice on good Ethiopian or Eritrean restaurants in the District and good Asian restaurants in Gaithersburg, Maryland.

I go to Keren Ethiopian/Eritrean restaurant since it's right near my house. I like it a lot, but prefer the chicken over beef which can be too chewy.

Depending on when you get into the town, I have a ticket for for June 11 @2:45 pm you can have. I got that ticket just in case I ran out of time for my visit on June 10th :D Be aware, tickets go quick for those same day visit. You can try and get one online.

If anyone else lives in DC, I have an extra ticket for the AA museum on May 30th @2pm. Just let me know.

paskatefan

If you're there on a Friday night, go see the Capitol Steps. It's hilarious musical political satire. Always a great show, and there should be lots of great material since it's an election year.

Absolutely. They are a hoot! We just saw them (again) in our area last weekend, and of course, they have tons of material - everyone is skewered! :rofl:

Vagabond

I haven't ventured to try getting in the African American Museum. I figure to give it a couple of years before trying.

The place will still be crowded and very loud in two years. And, most likely, for many years to come.

It is worth seeing. I'd recommend booking in advance for Super Bowl Sunday. (Even though it's likely to be loud and crowded even then.)

And, to answer my question upthread, I'd recommend planning to spend a half day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information