These jumps aren't under review: The Bradie Tennell Cheer Thread!

AngieNikodinovLove

Frangi & Piazza & Paul & Hektor & Theo. Oh My! 😝
Bradie showing herself to be a dependable competitor. And, the FS with a couple glitches was good enough to beat Tuk, Sak, etc. I think when she's more trained she can beat Zag. People including American fans discount her. But I think she''s a real contender for a world's medal.

Next week will be tough - another GP for her. But then a big rest.

I agree.

And..... I think her free skate would have been higher.

On protocols her second 3lutz/3toe was scored as a 3/2......

Does anyone have any updated news on this? Did Denise submit anything...

A mistake such as this should never happen......

tylersf

I am so happy and proud for Bradie at Skate America. Hoping she gets some 3Ax, 4S, 4L, 4TL, 4F, and/or 4Ax jumps to make her more competitive with the little jumping beans.

AngieNikodinovLove

^^^ What do you think... should she bring back the 3lutz/3loop.. Apparently they must have submitted that for the SP because Tara called it that way.

Sylvia

TBD
On protocols her second 3lutz/3toe was scored as a 3/2......

Does anyone have any updated news on this?
https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/threads/u-s-ladies-27-a-time-to-reboot.105854/page-29#post-5665068

Article published after Bradie's SP: https://olympics.nbcsports.com/2019...-personality-shines-through-at-skate-america/
Excerpts:
Performing a short program set to a fast-paced medley of Kirrill Richter’s staccato piano compositions, Tennell practically gave off sparks while unleashing a solid triple Lutz, triple toe loop combination, liquid spins and her best steps ever.
The Las Vegas crowd gave her a standing ovation and so did the judges, who awarded the 2019 U.S. national silver medalist a personal best 75.10 points.
“I think (this program) just allows me to show the side of myself that I am off the ice with my family, a little bit more sarcastic, a little bit funny,” Tennell said. “It’s almost like an onion when you peel back the layers. To show this program is a challenge for me but it’s a challenge I welcome.”
The electricity Tennell ignited on Friday proves that when a skater loves her material, magic can happen. This isn’t the program Tennell and choreographer Benoit Richaud intended to use. An earlier routine, choreographed in May, failed to inspire the skater. When she saw Richaud at a training camp in Courchevel, France in June, she asked him to try again.
“So then he puts up this music and I’m like, ‘What is this, this is so cool, this is my music, let’s start now,’” Tennell recalled. “I was so excited to find this piece of music and use it…. Yeah, I love this program.”

aftershocks

Banned Member
... Hoping she gets some 3Ax, 4S, 4L, 4TL, 4F, and/or 4Ax jumps

At this stage, it's probably more realistic to hope Bradie could tackle and master either a 3-axel, or one quad, not 3-axels along with a slew of quads. It's more likely either focusing on 3-axel if she thinks it's in her wheelhouse, or picking her best triple jump to work on gaining an extra revolution.

For this season, Bradie's goal most likely is to skate clean and consistent in order to make some noise in the standings. She's had a good start at SA.

SkateFanBerlin

Just curious, why would Tennel go to Warsaw Cup? She's a strong competitor; doesn't seem to need work on combating nerves. Wouldn't she be better off 1)staying healthy, 2)working in a few more points into current programs 3) trying new big elements?

Sylvia

TBD
Unless really something unexpected happens next week in Japan, it currently looks like Bradie will qualify for her first GP Final in the sixth position! Torino would be more fun than Zagreb! ;)

Bradie 13 (216.14) + 9 (211.31) = 22 (427.45)
Satoko 13 (211.18) + 9 (192.42) = 22 (403.60)

She competes in the Warsaw Cup FS tomorrow, 1st in SP (70.10) with a 4 point lead.

AngieNikodinovLove

As I mentioned in the ladies US thread... I cant believe it... For fun, I sat down and planned out France, China and Rostelecom after SC. I wanted to see how Bradie could make the GPF with also factoring in NHK.

To do this there was a way.... The top 4 of the last 3 events bascically had to finish in the exact way that they just did.... and thats how I got Bradie into the GPF!

I wonder if she will send me a fruit basket?

SkateFanBerlin

Is there a new Bradie thread? Bradie showed herself not perfect but very well at GPF. Her free looked like herself - secure, no major errors. Where from here? Can she do anything to boost competitiveness. Her PCS has a few 9's scattered in it now. Is that her best option? I hear improving PCS is a slow process.

Does she want to add technical content? Read somewhere that her jumps are too small to succeed at 3A's or 4's. is that true?

She's 21 (?) now; nearing the grandma phase. As Zag(17 yo!) showed us yesterday it's hard to keep motivated when children come out loaded with quads and all those points.

I think Bradie still has potential; she doesn't always get the respect she deserves. Of the 3-3 gals she's just about as successful as any lady in world.

Sylvia

TBD
Is there a new Bradie thread?
This is her current fan thread.
Does she want to add technical content?
I'm sure she does but she usually she doesn't talk about these things ahead of time. She's a "let your skating do the talking" type of skater. :)

Article published before the GPF:

Interview with Ondrej Hotarek after her SP:

ETA:

ICYMI, Nick McCarvel covered Skate Canada International for TeamUSA.org and chatted with a relaxed Bradie after her 4th place SP finish: https://www.facebook.com/TeamUSA/videos/vb.18000802685/692779477897567/?type=3&theater
At one point she does say "I would really like to increase my jump height."

Last edited:

DreamSkates

Is there a new Bradie thread? Bradie showed herself not perfect but very well at GPF. Her free looked like herself - secure, no major errors. Where from here? Can she do anything to boost competitiveness. Her PCS has a few 9's scattered in it now. Is that her best option? I hear improving PCS is a slow process.

Does she want to add technical content? Read somewhere that her jumps are too small to succeed at 3A's or 4's. is that true?

She's 21 (?) now; nearing the grandma phase. As Zag(17 yo!) showed us yesterday it's hard to keep motivated when children come out loaded with quads and all those points.

I think Bradie still has potential; she doesn't always get the respect she deserves. Of the 3-3 gals she's just about as successful as any lady in world.
How old was Maria N. when she completed learning the 3A, and landed a beautiful one at the Olympics? Although, I wouldn't say it was consistent. But, the Russain girls were not all perfect either. So...?

Last edited:

Foolhardy Ham Lint

All true, and if triple axels and quadruples were easy, then everyone would be including them.

Having attended lower level local competitions where junior and senior standard skaters have to meet short program requirements and attempt some of the bigger jumps (or receive zero points), reinforces just how difficult skating actually is at the elite level. More often than not at these events while they are still learning how to be consistent, they are falling all over the place.

AngieNikodinovLove

Wow, can we get an Amen up in here for Bradie and her bronze at 4CC. She really is mentally so strong.

If she gets the triple axel for next season and then my wish is also the triple Lutz triple loop again I think she can be a force. But we will see. What an amazing competition. Almost 150 points!!!!

Sylvia

TBD
Bumping up Bradie's fan thread with 2 older articles and today's big news:

March 19, 2020:

April 20 via Figure Skaters Online:

USFS' press release today, August 21:

ETA that I've started a separate thread in GSD for this coaching change news.

Last edited:

olympic

Bumping up Bradie's fan thread with 2 older articles and today's big news:

March 19, 2020:

April 20 via Figure Skaters Online:

USFS' press release today, August 21:

Don’t know what to think. She is keeping her choreographer and is hungry to learn, but still has work to do on her PCS. Tom Z is not going to be a big help there

VGThuy

Let's face it, she wants to be competitive. You can't go to a quad and 3A show with her current content and expect to medal. Being a middle-to-low top ten skater who can make top five on a good day and when other things work out isn't what she wants to be despite people pigeon-holing her into that position since she splashed onto the scene. She wants to be actually competitive or try her hardest to do what she can to be competitive rather than rest on her current tech content and hope judges appreciate her improved PCS with possibly marginal higher scores on that front.

olympic

Perhaps you have a point. I think I like Bradie more than the average FSU poster (just a guess from the posts I see), I think she is maximizing her LP BV as it is, but maybe a 3Z-3L is more doable than a quad or 3A. I enjoyed her SP choreography from the past 2 seasons; the original music and constant movements. If she mastered a 3Z-3L in the SP, her points would internationally (perhaps) go north of 75 and set her up as a regular in the final group for the LP. Now, I think you have a point regarding her need for higher tech in the LP, but her jump technique itself doesn't suggest she could master a quad or 3A. Her axel is kinda whippy and her jumps don't have a lot of pop (but are more than adequate).

Sylvia

TBD
Tom Z's statement about Bradie's planned jump upgrades was posted yesterday in the GSD news thread: https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/th...hing-change-to-zakrajsek.107505/#post-5849502

And since this is her fan thread, I'm bringing these cheers over :):
😎 Go Bradie!
Go Bradie, can't wait to see her skating again!
Good for you, Bradie! You obviously wanted a new coach and now you have one. Way to go, and good luck! :summer::cheer2:

AngieNikodinovLove

I am shooketh y’all! Shooketh!!!

I haven’t been coming to FSU that much these days and I just saw this news blurb on a news site so I came here. Been so busy have not had much time to follow figure skating the past few weeks.

These types of coaching switched always kind of surprise me because her and Denise just seem to go together like chocolate and peanut butter. Same thing with Alyssa Liu and her coach.

Can someone please DM me when they have a moment and let me know what’s going on with any competitions for the fall? I don’t have that much time to go through threads today

Xoxo

Last edited:

AngieNikodinovLove

Don’t know what to think. She is keeping her choreographer and is hungry to learn, but still has work to do on her PCS. Tom Z is not going to be a big help there

I disagree. She is one skater that was able to do a bit of an Angela Nikodinov transformation with PCS. Her PCS did improve on the international scene and that is really good. Her PCS I think last season was higher or on par with the top three Russians.

What she needs to upgrade for world medals is her technical side. She’s already good with her technique. Is reliable and consistent. Sure she may get an under rotation, but who the heck doesn’t?

What she will need is the triple axle and a quad. She already is a very mature skater so if I were going to pick someone to go to in her last couple years as a competitive skater it would be someone who could upgrade her jumps.

olympic

I disagree. She is one skater that was able to do a bit of an Angela Nikodinov transformation with PCS. Her PCS did improve on the international scene and that is really good. Her PCS I think last season was higher or on par with the top three Russians.

What she needs to upgrade for world medals is her technical side. She’s already good with her technique. Is reliable and consistent. Sure she may get an under rotation, but who the heck doesn’t?

What she will need is the triple axle and a quad. She already is a very mature skater so if I were going to pick someone to go to in her last couple years as a competitive skater it would be someone who could upgrade her jumps.

I get you and perhaps her PCS won't necessarily take a hit w/ Tom Z because she improved under her current coach by working w/ Benoit (He just won't help expand her horizons), and she is going to have to retool technique on her jumps to achieve a 3A or any quad. On that point, Tom Z is not a bad choice, but it will take a while.

sonsofanarchy

Banned Member
Perhaps you have a point. I think I like Bradie more than the average FSU poster (just a guess from the posts I see), I think she is maximizing her LP BV as it is, but maybe a 3Z-3L is more doable than a quad or 3A. I enjoyed her SP choreography from the past 2 seasons; the original music and constant movements. If she mastered a 3Z-3L in the SP, her points would internationally (perhaps) go north of 75 and set her up as a regular in the final group for the LP. Now, I think you have a point regarding her need for higher tech in the LP, but her jump technique itself doesn't suggest she could master a quad or 3A. Her axel is kinda whippy and her jumps don't have a lot of pop (but are more than adequate).

A 3X-3L is not even good enough anymore. Look at Zagitova who has the strongest 3X-3L in the world, on top of maxed out content for someone without a 3axel. Even if she had not lost her consistency she would not be that competitive for medals barring a big drop off in the level of ladies, which with atleast 2 or 3 juniors coming of age by 2022 arguably better than the current crop of top 4 seniors seems unlikely. I think it is a great idea to go all out trying to gain 3A and a quad, with a coach who while he gets a lot of criticsm for various things, some justified, is a master of teaching those jumps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information