These jumps aren't under review: The Bradie Tennell Cheer Thread!

jiejie

What is going on with Bradie. She was such a sure thing, and now she gets under-rotation calls............she is behind Bell today for heaven sake.

Once the season is over, she might want to spend some time with a consulting jump-meister coach. Even when she UR's, she is generally close to full rotation and probably needs fine-tuning more than wholesale demolition and reconstruction of her jumps. A little more height and about another 0.25 second of air time and the jumps will be consistently landed around. I'm reluctant to say that she should go 100% to another coach, mostly because I can't think of anybody suitable, her current coach is a very good one, and she likely wants to stay in the Chicago area for family and financial reasons. However, I think she might want to work with some different choreographers and think carefully about her music choices.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Once the season is over, she might want to spend some time with a consulting jump-meister coach. Even when she UR's, she is generally close to full rotation and probably needs fine-tuning more than wholesale demolition and reconstruction of her jumps. A little more height and about another 0.25 second of air time and the jumps will be consistently landed around. I'm reluctant to say that she should go 100% to another coach, mostly because I can't think of anybody suitable, her current coach is a very good one, and she likely wants to stay in the Chicago area for family and financial reasons. However, I think she might want to work with some different choreographers and think carefully about her music choices.

I think some ballet lessons may help too, to correct her posture. She is mainly a technical skater, but at the USN she seemed like a complete skater in the SP. Her ur problems are minor compared to some other skaters, so I agree with the above suggestion.

AngieNikodinovLove

Frangi & Piazza & Paul & Hektor & Theo. Oh My! 😝
What a free skate from Bradie! Wow... Not too far from 150...

No URs!!! Think Ill leave the thread title alone and stay positive.

That was great! Very impressive Tech score.

I hope she keeps training the 3lutz/3loop this summer and adds it back to the free next season.

I hope for interesting free music just like she does for her SPs!!

Great job Bradie!!!!!

AngieNikodinovLove

Congratulations to Bradie who I think received a PB for the SP at WTT? 74 and change?

How exciting for her. And no UR.

Although judges seem suspect... some elements GOE go from 0 to 4 for same element a couple times......

:cheer::cheer::cheer:

Ardarys

I think it was a weird season for Bradie, but I have to say I’m very impressed with where she is now compared to where she was a year ago. We hear so much about skaters looking to work on pcs and push themselves artistically, etc etc but I think Bradie actually did it. I loved her sp — I think it worked really well for her and played to her strengths while masking some of her weaknesses. I thought the long was definitely the weaker program — the opening worked, but the slow middle section didn’t do her any favors. But she really surprised me at worlds — I thought she skated it with fire and command, and those sharp angular movements work really well for her. I’m excited to see what she does next year

natsulian

Bradie Tennell earned the highest Free Program and overall total scores of any US lady under the IJS. Also, internationally, Bradie has the 8th highest Short Program score, 4th highest Free Program score, and 4th highest total score of the ladies this season. Furthermore, on the World Standings, she's ranked 10th and on the Season's World Ranking, she's 8th overall. She could have probably been in the Top 6/5 if she worked out her kinks earlier in the season. Nonetheless, a stellar end to a season of chaotic highs and lows. Let's pray and hope for a more consistently amazing next season.

olympic

What CAN she do to improve? Off the top, I think softening the movements of her limbs would give her a boost and I love Bradie, but sometimes I get the impression that she is 'putting on' emotion like an article of clothing: I don't get that she is fully connected to the music and then translating it to the audience / judges. Watching Worlds, she skated before Satoko and you could see the difference. Even my casual fan husband noticed that Satoko w/ her eyes and hands was giving everything to the audience. That is not something you learn overnight.

Her elements alone, jumps and spins are IMO of high quality though. She has speed, correct edges and rotations (once she is comfortable). So, the base is there.

Ardarys

To be fair I think skating before Satoko would make MOST people look bad 😂

I get what you’re saying about softening the movements and there’s the usual “send her to Lori!” possibility if she wanted to work on that, but I wonder if that’s something that she’s never really going to be a natural at and if it might be better for her to go even further in the direction of these sharp angular movements that Benoit is giving her. I really do think her short program was a great fit for her and I’d like to see her develop that modern style even more.

I love Bradie — do I think she’s the most natural performer or an artist in the way Satoko or Carolina might be? Not necessarily. But the judges seem to be coming around, and I think with two good programs that suit her and with continued consistency with the 2 lutz-toes in the long I think the marks will rise. I know everything seemed a little inflated at WTT but scoring over 150 at an international event does show me that they’re putting her solidly in that top 5 tier right now

AngieNikodinovLove

^^^ Softening the movements I dont know if possible... You have to work with the body you are given, your body moves how it moves... Can Bradie move like "liquid gold"? No, its not how her body moves... and it cant be taught really either.

So play to the strengths,... play bad-ass characters... Emperess, Warrior, Gladiator etc etc. And keep choosing interesting music choices that play to her...like both her previous short program choices..

Instead of Cinderella last year she should have went down the Malificent route.

But then you read her backstory that she always dressed up like Cinderella as a child, you can understand why she chose that. Because she knew it.

Now, as an elite skater I say go for powerful roles / characters that compliment her body movement.

Not every skater needs to be "soft" or "softened."

I agree with you @Ardarys that being softened isn't something that would be natural for her. So dont be something you are not. And be what you are!!

Last edited:

all_empty

Although they have different body types, I think of Bradie in the same vein as Emily Hughes -- athletic, spunky, fierce.

I really liked her short program and actually think she could "Carmina Burana" justice. "Kill Bill," too (okay, those are two really random picks).

Year two of a quadrennial is a great time to experiment with your style.

AngieNikodinovLove

^^, Yes as I wrote my post above yours I couldnt decide if Bradie had more of a Sarah or Emily style of movement.

I think your suggestion of Carmina Burana is an excellent choice. :)

AngieNikodinovLove

Cross referencing this cool news regarding Bradie from @Tinami Amori

CANT WAIT to see Bradie in a few months at some Bs!!

Mishin is excited about working with Bradie Tennell in the summer camp.

"This girl amazes me with her work ethics, she is a very good role model (for other skaters). I had 3 such good examples, of those who affected positively the micro-climate in my group - it is the italian Kostner, swiss Stephan Lambiel and now Tennell. But i am not able to offer her permanent training, unless she moves to St. Petersburg, so we'll work during summer camps".

Sylvia

TBD
Last edited:

SkateFanBerlin

Bradie showing herself to be a dependable competitor. And, the FS with a couple glitches was good enough to beat Tuk, Sak, etc. I think when she's more trained she can beat Zag. People including American fans discount her. But I think she''s a real contender for a world's medal.

Next week will be tough - another GP for her. But then a big rest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information