These jumps aren't under review: The Bradie Tennell Cheer Thread!

Jammers

I still think it's a mistake to not have Bradie do both the SP and LP. Miria simply gets hit with too many UR's internationally and these won't be US judges who turn a blind eye at Nationals when it comes to UR jumps.

aftershocks

Banned Member
Great skate by Bradie. Tara Lipinski needs to learn how to not over-do her commentary, and allow the performance to unfold. :drama: Tara often spoils my enjoyment watching. People keep saying TT&J were great in Sochi, but I didn't hear any of their online commentary back then.

Bradie looked very comfortable out there. Lovely to see!

Wow, Bradie is so common sense, down-to-earth and just herself in her responses to the arch and OTT annoying Andrea Joyce. Thanks Bradie! :respec: Joyce and NBC again trying to stir up some drama like they did in the after-skate interview with the Shibs. So glad these athletes know how to nonchalantly :kickass: with busybody media.

Last edited:

aftershocks

Banned Member
Geesh, do you guys think this scoring is fair? Bradie should have at least been ahead of Satoko if not ahead of both Satoko and Osmond. Wow such gift scores. Those ladies did not bring it technically. I hope this kind of leniency does not hold up for these ladies who falter in the singles event. Bradie's PCS is good and she was rather hosed here with the tech mistakes by three ladies ahead of her.

And now all this gushing over Medvedeva. Johnny and Tara are so hype driven. It's such bowing down; I get sick of it. Med is not that good. Overdone cheerleading. Med is not 81 points better than everybody else, especially not on PCS. Johnny needs to stop his Russiya cheerleading in the summing up commentary.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
DAMN GINA!

Bradie had second highest technical score in the Team event. Sucks that judges dont give her much PCS. Dont get me wrong I know she is a newbie and she needs time to develop but I was hoping she would be at 70 for that....

Spun Silver

DAMN GINA!

Bradie had second highest technical score in the Team event. Sucks that judges dont give her much PCS. Dont get me wrong I know she is a newbie and she needs time to develop but I was hoping she would be at 70 for that....
Nah. Not in an event with Kostner and Osmond. Not even mentioning Med. Bradie didn't even have Dabin's polish.

But job well done as far as the team event goes. Good girl. Keep learning.

Last edited:

aftershocks

Banned Member
Yep 70 at the least for that very competent and lovely skate is more deserved for what Bradie delivered. I think Bradie's technical efficiency and consistency got to some of the other ladies. But the judges bailed them all out on PCS. The Russian ladies truthfully aren't doing anything that special on PCS either, but they get the overdone marks.

It's all figure skating 'wait your turn/ continue to prove yourself' politics when it comes to how Bradie is being rated PCS-wise. Granted that Osmond, Carolina and Satoko are more than a cut above artistically. They are all actually better than Medvedeva too artistically, and that's a fact. I don't care what Med's entourage thinks. But yeah, figure skating community always kowtows to strong arm of Russia aesthetic hype for their baby ballerinas.

Last edited:

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

I still think it's a mistake to not have Bradie do both the SP and LP. Miria simply gets hit with too many UR's internationally and these won't be US judges who turn a blind eye at Nationals when it comes to UR jumps.

Can I say Jam-Jam I think I agree... because I have never seen so many yellow boxes throughout any competitons as this one.... All I could think about is that I hope I dont see a sea of yellow with Miari..... I just havent seen so much yellow. Almost as awful as Carolina's "green." :eek:

aftershocks

Banned Member
^^ Yeah, I'm wondering too. Mirai will need to give the skate of her life. Not that she can't, but the judging is a bit much. And then they got it wrong for Carolina because of how awkwardly she landed. She didn't complete the rotation on the ice though; it was under the 1/4 rule, and her skate blade did not make any turn when it hit the ice. Carolina should have mainly had a takedown on GOE and performance execution marks under PCS.

Part of the issue now is going to be U.S. fed's inability to learn any savvy politicking skills for their skaters, plus having no leverage to politick with. While OTOH, Canada, Japan, and Russia are all powerful feds politically.

Last edited:

olympic

Wow. Bradie had the 2nd highest TES behind Medvedeva! Testament to what she needs at this point is to really develop the PCS - expand her horizons choreographically, emote, find the right vehicle. I think she's good on the SS portion of PCS and since she nails it time after time her PE is also good: It looks like she skates w/ good speed and ice coverage, although her jumps are a bit whippy compared to the top ladies. Maybe that fact and she isn't quite there choreographically are what keep her out of the 70s internationally.

sk9tingfan

Hopefully she gets some better choreography next season and programs that are appropriate for a Senior lady because that LP is not what a top US lady should be skating going to at the Olympics it's way too juniorish for a 19 year old. But dang the girl has ice water in her veins she just doesn't give in with her jumps and it's nice to see a US lady who rotates because without Gracie it's been a mess.

ITA. I wonder if she will migrate to an elite coach like Gracie did. Her arms are out of control. When I heard her post-skate interview, all I could think was, that was the greatest example of sang-froid that I have ever heard from an athlete

Sasha'sSpins

🇺🇦💙🙏💛🇺🇦
Congrats to Bradie on a great skate in the Team SP! Underscored and I don't care what anyone says, imo she should have been in third, Satoko fourth, and Kaetlyn in fifth!

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

^^^^ I know I feel like if they are going to underscore newbies in PCS then Zagitova also needs to be NO higher than 6th or 7th when it comes to PCS.

Yes, I understand Zagitova had more of a presence last year etc in Juniors.... But her PCS and rushed fly swatting is very junior still and that score should reflect that... Zagitova's presentation and choreo is NO MORE developed than Bradie's.

Also if your costume consists of a tutu for every program that you do, you show not much depth to interpret anything just an ability to be in a comfort zone.

And, yes, I went there... :p

olympic

Thank goodness Bradie skated two awesome SPs this year as an unknown internationally. Because starting first, the judging panel knows that she is worth upper 60s and doesn’t need to worry about being lowballed (hopefully)

lmarie086

missing my cat :(
Bradie recovered really well last night after the fall; too bad about the mistake but she had a nice performance after that. I hope she goes clean tomorrow night!

Had a random thought after reading that she's into 80's music and Supernatural that she could do really well with a program set to the Stranger Things soundtrack. I'm sure there's something on there that could work for skating. :lol:

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

At least she has proven to be mentally tough in more than one way.

She made an error and then went clean. No mental games.... :)

Sylvia

TBD
Phil Hersh tweeted after Bradie's Thursday morning practice (our yesterday):
"Ms. Consistent was back. Bradie Tennell just did a perfect run through while weaving in and out of other skaters on the practice session to do her jumps."

Jackie Wong noted her jumps landed (same as what I posted she landed back on Feb. 8th): 3Lz+3T, 2A, 3F / 2A+3T, 3Lz+2T+2Lo, 3Lo, 3S.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

Phil Hersh tweeted after Bradie's Thursday morning practice (our yesterday):
"Ms. Consistent was back. Bradie Tennell just did a perfect run through while weaving in and out of other skaters on the practice session to do her jumps."

Jackie Wong noted her jumps landed (same as what I posted she landed back on Feb. 8th): 3Lz+3T, 2A, 3F / 2A+3T, 3Lz+2T+2Lo, 3Lo, 3S.

and here's an IN snippet on Bradie's flawless run-through

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/2018/02/21/266908174

GANGNEUNG, South Korea - Bradie Tennell skated a perfect outing of her Cinderella free skate in Thursday morning's practice, weaving in and out of skaters in her warmup group and landing triple jumps a few feet away from teammates Mirai Nagasu and Karen Chen.

Nothing fazed Tennell. It was like she was back home at the Twin Rinks Ice Pavilion in Buffalo Grove, Illinois, and had the ice all to herself.

Funnily enough your very own ANL lived a few years of high school in Buffalo Grove. Cant believe how many skaters come form my hometown of suburban Chicago....

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information