The Voice 16, Spring 2019

rfisher

Let the skating begin
I can understand if people do not personally like country music, but I totally understand the number of contestants who appear on the show as only the country singers who've won have had any real success post show. Cassidy Pope was nominated for a Grammy and others are having successful sales and are touring. Most of the other genre singers lost their recording contracts and are trying the indie route which does not equate to commercial success. There's a reason for the results.

Allskate

The reason there are so many country singers in the finale is that there are a ton of country fans and Blake fans watching the show and voting. It's not because Gyth is such a better singer than everyone else.

I assume Adam was just sick of it so they let him leave and replaced him with someone much cheaper. Gwen was terrible when she was on before. I can't imagine that very many contestants would have her as their first choice. They should have found someone else who would have been a better coach and more interesting.

moebius

The reason there are so many country singers in the finale is that there are a ton of country fans and Blake fans watching the show and voting. It's not because Gyth is such a better singer than everyone else.

I assume Adam was just sick of it so they let him leave and replaced him with someone much cheaper. Gwen was terrible when she was on before. I can't imagine that very many contestants would have her as their first choice. They should have found someone else who would have been a better coach and more interesting.
I can see the ratings drop next season with the new format (if they stick to it) and the departure of Adam replaced by Gwen.

chantilly

I think Adam left for a few reasons: He was receiving flack for last season and some this season. He didn’t have contestants in the finals two seasons in a row. And he’s producing Songland.

I love Gwen Stefani. Although I didn’t watch the seasons she was coaching. And I’m not looking forward to the back and forth between her and Blake. But I found the Adam and Blake back and forth mostly annoying too.

As for the format; yeah I’m out if they do the same thing next year.

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
I sent an email to NBC complaining about the cross-battles. I told them I have watched from day 1 but I am done if they keep this format. However I will probably watch the blind auditions because that's my favorite part. I hope everyone who hates the cross-battles will write in & say so.

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
I sent an email to NBC complaining about the cross-battles. I told them I have watched from day 1 but I am done if they keep this format. However I will probably watch the blind auditions because that's my favorite part. I hope everyone who hates the cross-battles will write in & say so.
I have already done so, after each round of the battles. For good measure, I tweeted Carson Daly who has LOTS of influence over the show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information