The Shibutanis Thread 6: Paradise Found

AnnM

Shibs started a new online interview program appropriately titled, Shib Show. Their first guest is Tigertail director and screenwriter, Alan Yang.

Yang is an Emmy winner who has worked on Parks and Recreation, Master of None, Forever, and Little America.
Full disclosure: Their surprise special guest is my friend, so I obviously thought this was great! My friend knows what a huge skating fan I am, and kept me apprised of Alan's and the Shibs' friendship since it first started. It's really all so full of mutual support and admiration and is heartwarming to see.

VGThuy

Shibs recorded (pre-social isolation) an episode of Grocery Run with Watcher's Steven Lim, who is most famous for his work on Buzzfeed. Here, they shop for food and cook with Lim while answering questions:

It's pretty wholesome and nice to see 20 minutes of them just being themselves while doing something we don't normally see them do. The way they talked made it sound like they were just taking a break instead of retirement, but it was before Maia's cancer diagnosis and now this whole worldwide issue. Plus, I'm not convinced that they were actually planning on coming back to competitive skating anyway.

Another episode of ShibShow with emergency room physician, Dr. Shuhan He, co-founder of GetUsPPE - the charity that the Shibs have currently raised over $32,000 for, and with The Ringer's Kevin O'Connor.

ETA:

Alex referenced a Bon Appetit podcast that they did, and I thought he was joking, but apparently the Shibs did a podcast with them back in March 2018 after the Olympics!

I don't know how I missed that.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information