The Satoko Miyahara fan thread - "This is a start in the true sense"

zigzig

chapis

Thanks for sharing that cute clip, @Pattina!

Re-posting this news report from the SOI Japan thread in GSD that features Satoko smiling and enjoying herself while rehearsing for SOI last month and learning group choreography with her cast mates, led by Jeff Buttle: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNcl1qw9io8

Cute. She is becoming more extroverted. In the second 33 Shoma is doing a obscene signal or it is just a coincidence? :eek:

Sylvia

TBD
Kyodo news article in English about Satoko's withdrawal from 4CC & the Asian Winter Games :(: https://english.kyodonews.jp/news/2017/02/457497.html
The three-time defending national champion informed the federation on Monday night of a stress fracture in her left hip that reportedly will take four weeks to heal.
"If she pushed herself she might do well (at the Four Continents and Asian Winter Games), but the world championships are what's important," said Hidehito Ito, chairman of the JSF's figure skating committee.
According to a source close to Miyahara, the 18-year-old has felt pain in the hip since December before the Grand Prix Finals, and has been limiting her practice recently.
"Right now I'm giving my undivided attention to my treatment, and I want to prepare as well as I can at the worlds where I hope to deliver a quality performance," Miyahara said in a statement released by the JSF.
Here's hoping she heals well in the upcoming weeks!

DBZ

Bummed she didn't get a medal.

In an ideal world, she would've had the highest PCS of the night. But we live in this weird alternate reality where sloppy skating skills, bad posture and nonsensical pantomime choreography is considered beautiful.

Ohyes

She put out a lovely skate. No need to drag others skaters down in here to prop up Satoko. each of the medalist's had superb skates. I thought satokos PC's should have been higher.

BlueRidge

AYS's snark-sponge
She was brilliant. Madame Butterfly is one of my most beloved characters in opera, and Satoko truly brought her to life on the ice. So moving.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information