The Dance Hall 10: The Saitama Samba 2022-2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sylvia

TBD

ice coverage

Video of Madi Hubbell reflecting affectionately on Lake Placid, its Olympic history, and its ice dance event:

IDC's photo of coaches Adrian Diaz & Madison Hubbell in Lake Placid: https://twitter.com/icedancecom/status/1552484402994839552

Their 4 teams (first 3 are competing in the senior international; Italians are in the senior domestic club comp.);

👍 And then IDC later followed up with a cell phone photo of Madi and Adrian at the boards for Dozzi/Papetti of Italy, who were just about to compete their RD.

ETA:

And ... now IDC also has published a different -- and terrific -- photo of Madi and Adrian at the boards.
Along with comments that Madi gave to IDC about coaching.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CgmhjlDtZdZ/ (Jul 29)​

Last edited:

deegee

Video of Madi Hubbell reflecting affectionately on Lake Placid, its Olympic history, and its ice dance event:

👍 And then IDC later followed up with a cell phone photo of Madi and Adrian at the boards for Dozzi/Papetti of Italy, who were just about to compete their RD.

ooh, i like her relaxed, casual coaching fashion style. i want those pants!

Dobre

Reminder that the Quebec summer event starts tomorrow.

Link to the main event page for people without Kiss & Cry access:

Scroll down to "Horaire competition" for the schedule.

Scroll to the bottom "Glace 4/Rink 4" for the livestream.

Lim & Quan and Bashynska & Beaumont go head-to-head in the Junior RD. Then we've got Lanaghan & Razgulajevs, Harris & Chan, Lauriault & Le Gac, Holubtsova & Bielobrav, Bronsard & Richmond, Sales & Wamsteeker, Fabbri & Ayer, and Soucisse & Firus in the FD.

Holy Headband

chair of the Lee Sihyeong international fanclub
Really liked Hensen/Lickers's FD from Lake Placid, which I found on Twitter (it's posted in the Canadian ice dance thread in the GSD forum, I think). I wonder what international opportunities they could scrounge up this season.

sap5

Really liked Hensen/Lickers's FD from Lake Placid, which I found on Twitter (it's posted in the Canadian ice dance thread in the GSD forum, I think). I wonder what international opportunities they could scrounge up this season.
I prefer their RD to their FD at the moment. The FD needs some work, particularly when it switches to “Movement.” Hopefully they’ll get more competitive opportunities to continue to improve the programs.

litenkyckling

I agree - the bare bones of this are great. I found so many FDs at lake placid so underwhelming but this was great. Their RD is so good too - I saw on Instagram that it was choreographed by Adrian Diaz which is exciting. I think the addition of him and Madi could be what was missing from IAM Ontario last year.

sap5

I agree - the bare bones of this are great. I found so many FDs at lake placid so underwhelming but this was great. Their RD is so good too - I saw on Instagram that it was choreographed by Adrian Diaz which is exciting. I think the addition of him and Madi could be what was missing from IAM Ontario last year.
Where did you find that on Instagram? I’ve been wondering who has been choreographing which programs.

angi

From all the FDs I've seen from Lake Placid, their Hozier FD is by far the best one and it's not even close. While there are still rough spots the overall concept and choreography are already very good.
I was also surprised by how much progress H/L made from last season, to me they are closing the gap from the rest of the Canadian mid-level dance teams. I'm just sad that we might see very little of this FD this season.

litenkyckling

From all the FDs I've seen from Lake Placid, their Hozier FD is by far the best one and it's not even close. While there are still rough spots the overall concept and choreography are already very good.
I was also surprised by how much progress H/L made from last season, to me they are closing the gap from the rest of the Canadian mid-level dance teams. I'm just sad that we might see very little of this FD this season.
Having seen the videos now, I thought the judging here for the US teams was... generous to say the least.

sap5

Admittedly a very dubious account! I can’t link it but I think it’s @ iceacademylondon on Instagram
Hmm. Having witnessed years of toxic Virtue/Moir fan behavior, I'm going to wait for the official choreographer listing before believing what a "fan" has to say about anything vaguely related to either of them. But thanks for letting me know! If it does turn out to be Adrian's choreography, he is a good choreographer!

litenkyckling

Hmm. Having witnessed years of toxic Virtue/Moir fan behavior, I'm going to wait for the official choreographer listing before believing what a "fan" has to say about anything vaguely related to either of them. But thanks for letting me know! If it does turn out to be Adrian's choreography, he is a good choreographer!
I have a feeling he's going to bring a lot to the table as a coach - obviously he was a great ice dancer but not exactly incredible and I sometimes think they make better coaches. (I think you can say the same in most sports if I'm honest).

Dobre

All right! I have made it through the Quebec FDs (I couldn't watch the senior RDs) and all the videos from the U.S. teams from Lake Placid.

My main takeaway is that Jeffrey Chen's expression is sooo much better than most of the guys. He found the right discipline.
Really liked Hensen/Lickers's FD from Lake Placid
I did like this. I think Hubbell & Donohue should have used this music last season.

Oh, also thumbs up to the Behiels for their We Built This City music. (Gosh, we need a little fun!)

So many warhorses. Emily & Ian, that Latin RD was going along pleasantly well there for the first two pieces, and then . . . Hip, Hip, Chin, Chin? Do you know how sharp you have to be to sell that?

Bashynshka & Beaumont and Lim & Quan look pretty ready for the JGP.

angi

Watched the FDs in 2022 Quebec Summer Championships and found L/LG Pink Panther FD to be pretty entertaining, I can see it being a fan favorite this season. I was also impressed again with Hensen/Lickers FD, it remains the best program in this event as well. And I was really shocked to see one of Carol Lane's teams basically plagiarizing Smart/Diaz FD from 2019/20, music, costumes, and choreography all included. Not since Igor plagiarized V/M's Moulin Rouge have I seen something this blunt.

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
And I was really shocked to see one of Carol Lane's teams basically plagiarizing Smart/Diaz FD from 2019/20, music, costumes, and choreography all included. Not since Igor plagiarized V/M's Moulin Rouge have I seen something this blunt.
Weird, wasn't it? For one thing, of all the programs in the world to copy, why on earth would you pick THAT one?

angi

Weird, wasn't it? For one thing, of all the programs in the world to copy, why on earth would you pick THAT one?
I actually liked the original LOL, but the thing is that it's also so distinctive that just seeing L/R in their costumes made me wonder if what I suspect is gonna happen, and it sure did...

Andrea82

Watched the FDs in 2022 Quebec Summer Championships and found L/LG Pink Panther FD to be pretty entertaining, I can see it being a fan favorite this season. I was also impressed again with Hensen/Lickers FD, it remains the best program in this event as well. And I was really shocked to see one of Carol Lane's teams basically plagiarizing Smart/Diaz FD from 2019/20, music, costumes, and choreography all included. Not since Igor plagiarized V/M's Moulin Rouge have I seen something this blunt.

Razgulajevs is wearing a sort of apron, so the pants aren't stained like Diaz's. I think they should focus on this, it would be a great storytelling...

sap5

Where can we find these videos?

angi

And here is the (IMO) plagiarized FD by Lanaghan/Razgulajevs

Razgulajevs is wearing a sort of apron, so the pants aren't stained like Diaz's. I think they should focus on this, it would be a great storytelling...
Yes, it's an apron that makes it look like he is wearing an overall and not an actual overall, the costumes are still basically identical...

Last edited:

barbarafan

And here is the (IMO) plagiarized FD by Lanaghan/Razgulajevs

Yes, it's an apron that makes it look like he is wearing an overall and not an actual overall, the costumes are still basically identical...
That was my fv FD of SD.....what a turnoff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information