The Dance Hall 10: The Saitama Samba 2022-2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

litenkyckling

I just miss the Golden Waltz. I'm so tired of watching senior dance teams in the simplest holds possible for the least amount of time, and otherwise just skating side by side like 2 pair skaters, or spending 50% of the program in a some kind of lift.
my biggest gripe with F/G's new FD is that there seems to be less in hold than previous years? And while the opening lift is very impressive, the transition steps into it in killian actually look like the entrance into a pairs lift.

thvu

Usova's Apprentice
Muramoto / Takahashi new Rhythm Dance from Friends on Ice.
I really like this from Muramoto & Takahashi, though, it’s a step down in terms of ice coverage and difficulty compared to their previous RD.

It makes me wonder if they have a 4-year plan. Last year, they definitely had programs that were over-reaching in terms of their ability and partnering skills. Now, it seems like they’re going to be more "slow & steady", and build toward 2026. This program is at their level and they should be able to perform it consistently.

Last edited:

Bigbird

VGThuy

RD scores in Ostrava range from 10.78 (including a 0.81 for Presentation) to 70.83. Wow on both ends!
Videos for all are loaded already so you can see for yourself: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLuB703eaMDlK2u-O0iU2RlBrNsizwjP8m

I didn't know it was possible to score that low in PCS. Their presentation couldn't even warrant a point. I'm just surprised Vietnam has an ice rink.

litenkyckling

I didn't know it was possible to score that low in PCS. Their presentation couldn't even warrant a point. I'm just surprised Vietnam has an ice rink.
I thought the scoring of them wasn't that fair and if I'm honest it just seemed cruel, but hey I'm not a judge.

I think the Czech team deserved first but the score was super high - +3.14 for their midline steps was a little steep I felt. So nice to have a varied and mixed up event though!

VGThuy

I thought the scoring of them wasn't that fair and if I'm honest it just seemed cruel, but hey I'm not a judge.

I think the Czech team deserved first but the score was super high - +3.14 for their midline steps was a little steep I felt. So nice to have a varied and mixed up event though!
Yeah, I just watched it and I thought they'd be like that Junior Indian pair from like fifteen years ago who could barely skate, but they were much better than I expected given how bad as those PCS for them were.

Karen-W

Checking Senior Bs for TES mins...
Yeah, I just watched it and I thought they'd be like that Junior Indian pair from like fifteen years ago who could barely skate, but they were much better than I expected given how bad as those PCS for them were.
Does 2019 JGP Lake Placid really feel like 15 years ago?

The way I look at it is, Vietnam has to start somewhere. Who knows? In twenty years, we might be talking about the super-strong Vietnamese ice dancers who are coached by one or both of the Nguyen sibs, and reminiscing about the unfair PCS they got today. ;)

VGThuy

Does 2019 JGP Lake Placid really feel like 15 years ago?

The way I look at it is, Vietnam has to start somewhere. Who knows? In twenty years, we might be talking about the super-strong Vietnamese ice dancers who are coached by one or both of the Nguyen sibs, and reminiscing about the unfair PCS they got today. ;)
I meant the ones from 2006.

I sort of feel bad posting this, but the Indian Fed rushed them out there on the ice. They had no business skating pairs when they still needed a lot of work on their singles skating; It really was a dangerous move on their part and the ISU should have stepped in before the SP. I think I remember reading on FSU at the time that they withdrew from the LP because ISU intervention.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
I meant the ones from 2006.

I sort of feel bad posting this, but the Indian Fed rushed them out there on the ice. They had no business skating pairs when they still needed a lot of work on their singles skating; It really was a dangerous move on their part and the ISU should have stepped in before the SP. I think I remember reading on FSU at the time that they withdrew from the LP because ISU intervention.
They didn't withdraw. They scored 0.61 in the short and 3.69 in the long, with many judges giving them 0.25 (absolute minimum) for their PCS and I remember their protocols hardly had any call-able elements.

Now, not really related but kind of: this is why I am so against these arguments (even from long-time posters here) for the ISU to get rid of TES minimums and allow each member nation at least one entry to Worlds. There should certainly be a minimum level needing to be achieved at Worlds, and I'd even argue the same for events like the JGP- of course, a much lower level.

coralline

Spotted both Geoffrey Brissaud (FRA
) and Tim Dieck (GER) at the I.AM 3 year anniversary party…
Are we expecting some coach change or new partnerships?

Karen-W

Spotted both Geoffrey Brissaud (FRA
) and Tim Dieck (GER) at the I.AM 3 year anniversary party…
Are we expecting some coach change or new partnerships?
I noticed Brissaud in those pics and wondered too - coaching change for Lopareva/Brissaud possibly? I know Cizeron did their choreography for the new season.

I didn't catch Tim Dieck in the pics - interesting. Not even going to speculate on a potential partnership.

RoseRed

I spotted Lopareva in the pictures as well. It's possible they came to work with Guillaume again and are just at the party because they happen to be in Montreal. But I've also wondered if we'd see a new French team at IAM, with Gabby and Guillaume not competing at least for now, and L/LG now skating for Canada. Definitely interesting.

Karen-W

I spotted Lopareva in the pictures as well. It's possible they came to work with Guillaume again and are just at the party because they happen to be in Montreal. But I've also wondered if we'd see a new French team at IAM, with Gabby and Guillaume not competing at least for now, and L/LG now skating for Canada. Definitely interesting.
It also makes the issue of Ryabova being removed from SCI due to visa issues quite intriguing since you'd think he wouldn't want to relocate to Montreal when his new fiancee just relocated to France less than 6 months ago. And he shared her IG post from earlier today of pics they took in Megeve.

I think it must be just a visit though - His own IG post from today (https://www.instagram.com/p/CiAaOecutLd/) says "VACATION MEMORIES - Since it's back to school..."

Colonel Green

I wasn't sure if this had ever happened before, but on investigation, 2022 JGP Czech Republic is the fourth time in the history of the Junior Grand Prix that there hasn't been any Russian or North American dance teams on the podium. It last happened at 2002 JGP Germany (gold medalists Hoffmann/Elek for Hungary, silver medalists Kozlova/Baranov for Ukraine, and the Zaretskys for Israel with the bronze). This was before the explosion in North American ice dance on the JGP (Canada, especially, wasn't really a presence at all at that point).

AngieNikodinovLove

Frangi & Piazza & Paul & Hektor & Theo. Oh My! 😝
I am loving this British ice dance team in juniors. But there’s no way either of these people are under 30. How are they skating juniors, I mean what the heck. They remind me exactly of Kaitlyn and Andrew from Canada

Andrea82

I am loving this British ice dance team in juniors. But there’s no way either of these people are under 30. How are they skating juniors, I mean what the heck. They remind me exactly of Kaitlyn and Andrew from Canada

are you telling us they have mature skating...or that are they aging terribly?

Holy Headband

chair of the Lee Sihyeong international fanclub
are you telling us they have mature skating...or that are they aging terribly?
I don’t think anyone at their age could be said to be ageing terribly—some people simply mature earlier than others, but they still have decades to go before they start ageing—but I also thought while I was watching that they both looked like adults already. This is not a bad thing!

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
I don’t think anyone at their age could be said to be ageing terribly—some people simply mature earlier than others, but they still have decades to go before they start ageing—but I also thought while I was watching that they both looked like adults already. This is not a bad thing!
I thought they were a beautiful couple and, given his aging out of Juniors this year, he’s an early front-runner for a PSOTY nomination!

mtnskater

I really liked the Brits the best too. Although most people were going crazy over the Czechs, I was most drawn to the Brits beautiful lyrical skating. M&M were not really my cup of tea. I didn’t care for her posture and rather over the top expression. But to each his own 🤷‍♀️

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information