The aftermath of DG's resignation - what next for the FFSG?

angi

Nathalie reposted Morgan's endorsement of her in her IG story today. I don't think any of these people really understand the optics, TBH
I agree. Regardless of the optics though it also makes me even more worried that Morgan Cipres will attempt to come back and compete next season and will enjoy the support and even politicking of Péchalat on his behalf. Just the thought makes my stomach turn.

Viscaro

Pechalat wants Cipres support ? My god I do not even want to see her instagram to check.

I did not want to judge her for Dujardin’s choices at first, but Polanski’s win at the French Oscars angered me so much that I have no sympathy left for anyone supporting him or his movie. That post about An Officer and a Spy was very disappointing to me.

I am really wishing for someone else now.

Last edited:

Eleanor2

I never liked Pechalat even when she was competing. I found her tantrums and bitchfaces on the podium (when she felt she was wronged) incredibly off-putting.
Me too. She seems individualistic and self-centered. She is the very best example of double standards. She goes after DG because the spot will be (and is now) available but she takes the defense of Polanski because her husband worked for him. She makes me think of the wives refusing to admit that their husband/boyfriend are criminals. As long as it's not related to anybody they know, they are quick to judge and be offended. But when it gets closer to them........
Do as I say but don't do as I do.
I am a bit more concerned about those who chose to support her. Wondering what they think of this now and if some are going to support somebody else.

Minou

The aftermath is that Gailhaguet continues to hang on. He has refused requests that he resign from his (unpaid) seat the French Olympic Committee where he is slated to serve until 2021. According to board president Denis Masseglia, "There is nothing in the statutes (by-laws) that oblige him to resign." According to https://www.lequipe.fr/Tous-sports/...-du-conseil-d-administration-du-cnosf/1134594
https://www.lemonde.fr/sport/articl...e-comite-national-olympique_6039611_3242.html In English (different article) : https://www.france24.com/en/2020051...ch-skating-chief-refuses-to-quit-olympic-post

Theoreticalgirl

your faves are problematic
Bump!

Looks like Didz is suing for lost wages as a result of his resignation:

The article's in French but it seems like Google Translate works well on it. If any of our French-speaking users want to translate, that's nice too.

Vagabond

From Vagabond Translate™:

The former president of the Fédération française des sports de glace (FFSG), Didier Gailhaguet, has just launched a lawsuit in the administrative court in Paris, against the Ministry of Sports, seeking roughly €300,000 for having been treated as a “scapegoat” for sexual assaults in French skating, AFP learned on Friday (June 12th) from his lawyers.

Mr Gailhaguet alleges that Sports Minister Roxana Maracineanu has pressured him to resign as head of the FFSG in early February. He had made a claim a few days ago to the Ministry, which rejected it.

The former executive is claiming €152,550 for the 27 months of compensation he alleges he would have received if he had gone to the end of his term, as well as €150,000 in non-economic damages.

To explaining its refusal to pay compensation, the Ministry explained in a letter dated May 29, a copy of which was obtained by AFP, that Didier Gailhaguet resigned voluntarily, after the minister questioned him about possible misfeasance in the governance of the FFSG and invited him to assume his responsibilities as the head of the federation

Fifteen days before his resignation, several former skaters, including Sarah Abitbol in her book “Such a Long Silence,” had accused some of their former coaches, including Gilles Beyer, of rape and sexual assault.

Mr Gailhaguet, who had led the FFSG since 1998 (with the exception of a break between 2004 and 2007), had been implicated in letting Mr Beyer remain [as a coach recognized by the FFSG], despite rumors from as early as 2000 that he denies..

“The Ministry of Sports refuses to acknowledge its overwhelming responsibility in the public demonization of Didier Gailhaguet and making him the scapegoat for this case,” say his lawyers William Bourdon and Vincent Brengarth. “This was all the more reprehensible because it allows it to timely escape a transparent assessment of its own shortcomings for the past twenty years.”

Vagabond Commentary™:

:violin:

cholla

Grand Duchess of Savoie - Marquessa of Chartreuse
Prime Minister Edouard Philippe resigned on Friday, which will lead to a cabinet reshuffle. I'm curious to see if Roxana Maracineanu, Minister of Sports, will remain in office. If she doesn't, what will be her successor's stance on FFSG? Same as Maracineanu's? Clean your act or be nuked? Stricter or more lenient? I hope that, whoever is appointed, the Ministry will keep the fed under tight scrutiny.

Bigbird

Just ensure that the Russians don't mine gold in ice dance, what else is there? Pairs zilch, men mild entertainment, women no serious contenders. Nathalie has a very steep learning curve in a pretty short time. Gab and Gui have to be like flint. Nuff said.

MsZem

I see the sea
Prime Minister Edouard Philippe resigned on Friday, which will lead to a cabinet reshuffle.
What is up with that anyway? I feel the need for a French politics (non-skating kind) thread.

Just ensure that the Russians don't mine gold in ice dance, what else is there? Pairs zilch, men mild entertainment, women no serious contenders. Nathalie has a very steep learning curve in a pretty short time. Gab and Gui have to be like flint. Nuff said.
OT but the expression "mine gold" is really stupid. Though it's not your fault that some people felt the need to get cute and find alternatives for "win gold".

BTW, does Cizeron or anyone else use "Gui"?

Bigbird

What is up with that anyway? I feel the need for a French politics (non-skating kind) thread.

OT but the expression "mine gold" is really stupid. Though it's not your fault that some people felt the need to get cute and find alternatives for "win gold".

BTW, does Cizeron or anyone else use "Gui"?

Cooyah. A wha dis now? Stupes.

More time.

cholla

But she is now an appointed/deputy Minister to the ministry of Education (Jean-Michel Blanquer) instead of being a full fledged one. I'm unsure it will make a huge difference. We'll see.

Then, we need @Nmsis or another enlighten French poster. I'm not good at politics. At all.

misskarne

Handy Emergency Backup Mode
I still don't at all trust them. Even with the minister threatening the nuclear option. I feel like they'll give a surface-harsh penalty that, once eyes are off them, will quietly go away.

Sylvia

TBD

ETA:

ffsportsdeglace's post: https://www.instagram.com/p/CC8zjPKomSN/

La réaction de Nathalie Péchalat :

« La saisine de la Commission Disciplinaire EST une nécessité. Sa mise en place n’a pas été facilitée par le contexte sanitaire, entre autres, et l’ensemble des règlements qui n’étaient plus en adéquation avec le code du sport. Il a fallu reconstituer cette commission. Elle a finalement pu se tenir le 9 juillet dernier. Elle est indépendante et ses membres ont les compétences juridiques et déontologiques pour prendre des décisions et prononcer ou non des sanctions. La FFSG ne fera donc pas appel de leurs décisions.

En tant que Présidente, j’ai oeuvré ces derniers mois pour que les dirigeants et entraîneurs, mais aussi les parents et les enfants soient formés et sensibilisés au sujet des violences dans le sport. Parmi les actions mises en place, un partenariat a été acté avec l’association Colosse Aux Pieds d’argiles, une référente intégrité a été nommée au sein de la FFSG, des codes de bonne conduite et des outils de communication à destination des clubs ont été créés... Il me paraît aujourd’hui primordial que TOUS les sportifs de haut niveau, qui représentent leur discipline et la fédération auprès du grand public, soient eux aussi sensibilisés et amenés à suivre des journées de formation. Nous allons mettre cela en place au plus vite, dès que le contexte sanitaire le permettra. »

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
ffsportsdeglace's post: https://www.instagram.com/p/CC8zjPKomSN/
La réaction de Nathalie Péchalat :
En tant que Présidente, j’ai oeuvré ces derniers mois pour que les dirigeants et entraîneurs, mais aussi les parents et les enfants soient formés et sensibilisés au sujet des violences dans le sport. Parmi les actions mises en place, un partenariat a été acté avec l’association Colosse Aux Pieds d’argiles, une référente intégrité a été nommée au sein de la FFSG, des codes de bonne conduite et des outils de communication à destination des clubs ont été créés... Il me paraît aujourd’hui primordial que TOUS les sportifs de haut niveau, qui représentent leur discipline et la fédération auprès du grand public, soient eux aussi sensibilisés et amenés à suivre des journées de formation. Nous allons mettre cela en place au plus vite, dès que le contexte sanitaire le permettra. »
English version of the website: http://www.colosseauxpiedsdargile.org/en/

kirkbiggestfan

The 4 men handpicked by Didier decided not to do anything. How predictable! We need skaters like Sarah Abitbol in these commissions. Not heartless lawyers!
Not even a fake 1-year suspension for Cipres to save face!
That is so despicable.
My kid and my niece have been in rinks where these pigs coached. It is so infuriating.
They are probably just waiting for the drunk pig to die. Don't tell me there isn't a mountain of evidence against him.

cholla

They are probably just waiting for the drunk pig to die.
And he is unusually resistant... Only 1 kidney left, liver cirrhosis, still heavily drinking. And still there. We are told that he is at death door 2 or 3 times a year. Every year for I don't remember how long. Then he shows up at a show or a competition. Obviously sick, but not end of life sick. I don't wish him dead. On the contrary, I hope he'll live long enough to pay for what he did. He must be prosecuted. And jailed. Period.

Don't tell me there isn't a mountain of evidence against him.
There is but it is held by police and justice now, hence the incapacity for the FFSG disciplinary commission to intervene. What I don't understand is why they even bothered to summon him. He didn't even show up anyway. As if he would...

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information