The Adam Rippon Good News Thread

caitie

Adam was so fantastic at Nationals, I was very nearly in tears over his long program! Congrats to him, and I hope he goes into Worlds with renewed confidence and as much attack as he had at Nationals.

arakwafan2006

I actually could not be happier and more proud of him. I do not know him well but I have watched him train before. I got the sense he was a nice guy and a guy who just really so BADLY wanted to do well. He did at Nationals.

Great job Adam. Wake up smiling every day. You worked hard. You deserve to be happy. You gracious family deserves to be proud of you. Rafael should be proud. You will represent your country well. It was awesome watching you do your best. You ARE good enough.

orbitz

I was very happy for Adam, but I have to say that emotionally I didn't feel anything for his LP; I wish he would've kept the Fawn one. I do prefer Adam's Nyah SP over the one earlier in the season, but it was kind of hard to not compare the footwork sequence against Kurt's. Still, Adam did a great job and wish that he can continue the momentum at 4CC and Worlds.

Karpenko

Not Impressed.
Rafael needs to be cloned and shipped to a Mirai Nagasu near you.

Adam was excellent, the quad lutz attempt was also very admirable and a jump I think he could realistically get in his arsenal with a little bit more power. Hope he medals at worlds, why not. I'd have him silver to only Hanyu internationally with performances like that. He's grown into a very picturesque skater with excellent style, and he's showing a heap load of progress everywhere in his skating. Well done! :kickass:

DreamSkates

To be in the arena to see that performance was a gift.

One of the few memorable performances I have ever seen and I've been watching skating a long time. By memorable I mean that I will remember it and rematch it over and over and enjoy it just as much. yes there were several great skating programs, but not all reach to my heart like that one did.

DreamSkates

Adam was excellent, the quad lutz attempt was also very admirable and a jump I think he could realistically get in his arsenal with a little bit more power. Hope he medals at worlds, why not. I'd have him silver to only Hanyu internationally with performances like that. He's grown into a very picturesque skater with excellent style, and he's showing a heap load of progress everywhere in his skating. Well done! :kickass:

Not to mention he won the free skate! I didn't hear any comments on that, afterwards (I watched it live so maybe it was mentioned).

E.A. Week

Not to mention he won the free skate! I didn't hear any comments on that, afterwards (I watched it live so maybe it was mentioned).

Yes, he did! A big step in the right direction for Adam. I don't think he's ever come close to winning the free at Nationals.

Skittl1321

Yes, he did! A big step in the right direction for Adam. I don't think he's ever come close to winning the free at Nationals.

If 2nd place is close to winning the free, he did come in 2nd (in both the short and the long) in 2012, when he won his other silver medal.

But Jeremy scored quite a bit higher than him in both.

Marco

I remember not so long ago - maybe before the season starts? - that some people have been questioning the effectiveness of Arutunian as a coach as both Wagner and Rippon were struggling to break through technically. And here we are. :D

I guess it's the same with Buttle and Asada - he is slower but he makes it happen.

Coco

Rotating while Russian!
Actually, I am wondering who "Nadia" is. Ashley mentioned her as one of her coaches. I assume she's the blond lady who sat with them in the K&C.

Last year was such a disaster, I have to imagine that this year's success was, in part, a reaction to that.

orbitz

Who's the guy sitting with Adam in the K&C for the SP? And is the blond woman Arutunian's wife?

care bear

Who's the guy sitting with Adam in the K&C for the SP? And is the blond woman Arutunian's wife?
His name is Denis Petrov, the lady is Nadia, I do not remeber her surname, both are assistante coaches. She is not Rafael´s wife.

Sylvia

TBD
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information