The 2022 Athletics Thread

allezfred

In A Fake Snowball Fight

allezfred

In A Fake Snowball Fight
😁 The 2022 World Championships in Athletics will start later this week in Eugene, Oregon, USA!!! 😁

Official World Athletics WCH 22 website

TV viewing schedule (USA) - I believe that Peacock will be streaming everything (including opening rounds) live.

Event schedule - I think results will be posted here as well.

Who else is getting excited? Which events and athletes are you the most looking forward to watch?

I live on the East Coast so I’m glad that I will have plenty of time to work out and have dinner before watching it each night (~8:00-11:30pm EST). 😀
Goodbye sleep for me. :fragile:

Asli

Shocking and saddening.

It would be terrible if he were stripped of his citizenship.
Basically he was brought to the UK as a slave! :eek:

It's somewhat baffling how charges weren't brought at the time against the people who trafficked him and used a ten-year-old as an unpaid domestic servant. :confused: Maybe his teacher and social services didn't want to risk Mo Farah being sent out of the country though.

What an incredible person he must be to turn his life around like this! :respec:

Asli

The documentary called "The Real Mo Farah" is now on BBC iplayer. I'm absolutely gobsmacked! He has had to live with this big secret and so many questions on his mind. He has an identical twin - someone who looks exactly like Sir Mo lives in Somaliland. :eek:

It's a relief to see that after his rotten start to life, his path crossed many good people.

He always comes across as a very warm and humane person and never more so than when telling the story of his life. ❤️

millyskate

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information