Tessa Virtue & Scott Moir : Just For Us # 45

pani

I was at Stars on Ice in London yesterday and was able to attend the "Meet & Greet" after the show. Tessa and Scott were SO amazing to meet. They seemed so appreciative of all the fan support and were so generous with the time they spent with each of us. I live in Waterloo, Ontario, where they trained as teenagers and I was able to share with them that my kids go to their old high school and that many of the textbooks in circulation at the school still have Tessa's and Scott's names in them. Scott was so funny as he deadpanned, "Thank goodness they can see my old books but not my old report cards." :)

As far as program information goes, I told them that, while I loved their programs this year, Carmen was my absolute favourite and Scott told me that they were working on something for next season that might remind me a little of Carmen. If that turns out to be true, I can't wait!! Next season can't come soon enough...

So according this message they have something.

Shayii

Lol if we end up with Pride and Prejudice…I don't even want to think about it.
Weird, did they working on something like Carmen or didn't have any music yet???
Maybe that's more the direction for the SD? If the report is true they don't have music, that worries me. We can't end up with another Seasoon on our hands.

sap5

So they really haven't chosen music yet for the Olympics? After three years to think about it?

:wall:

Well it seems that they did have ideas, but they were all shot down by their coaches. The idea that they're taking what was posted on that instagram post seriously is what's more scary to me. I'd rather have them think of a new way of reinventing themselves rather than rely on the images fans have of them. That's one of the reasons Carmen was such a standout.

I am sure a little bit of Carmen is about FD.
But with TS we couldn't be sure in anything from other hand.

I get the feeling the little bit of Carmen is for the SD, like the SD will have some of the Carmen attitude in it?

pani

That unknown girl posted that they also didin't choose nothing for SD, didn't like music and couldn't choose music with right rythm.
As for Carmen. Maybe i am wrong, but how Carmen could be considering like something for SS with Samba, Rhumba, Salsa rythm?

princeton123

That unknown girl posted that they also didin't choose nothing for SD, didn't like music and couldn't choose music with right rythm.
As for Carmen. Maybe i am wrong, but how Carmen could be considering like something for SS with Samba, Rhumba, Salsa rythm?

Cuz they're both ~sexy?

pani

Maybe that's just because for me the most important is modern choreo and uniuqe elements in Carmen. But i don't know what is the main thing in Carmen for Tessa and Scott.

Last edited:

irena

I have the feeling that the biggest complication for the FD choice comes from the fact that they really want to be different and think in that direction, while the coaches most probably think that they must play safe and not risk to provoke judjes too much. To find the best inbetween is a tough task

pani

I have the feeling that the biggest complication for the FD choice comes from the fact that they really want to be different and think in that direction, while the coaches most probably think that they must play safe and not risk to provoke judjes too much. To find the best inbetween is a tough task
Who is that girl, who said they disn't choose music?

irena

A Canadian friend of a russian fan. I do not know why the information differs. May be they are just not telling exactly how is the whole situation.

lauravvv

The question is - if Scott really said that, did he mean something a bit like their 'Carmen' FD in terms of style/choreography or just the attitude of Carmen/relationship between Carmen and Jose? And if it's the attitude/their relationship - is it similar to how it was in their FD or does it resemble Carmen in the way she is most often shown and viewed? If what Scott said was about the SD, then I am betting on the latter (Carmen attitude in a more widespread understanding - a woman who tempts men, plays with them etc., but is playful and flirty rather than truly cruel and using her sexuality in a blatant way like Tessa's Carmen in their FD).

Goody2shoes

if it's in line somewhat like Carmen, I'm guessing it could mean a reinvention of classic favorite or to have a stand out piece. Hmmm not too safe of choreograph dance, I hope, but enough of that "oh that's different but great stuff" to grab interest/attention judges and audience from start to finish.

pani

A Canadian friend of a russian fan. I do not know why the information differs. May be they are just not telling exactly how is the whole situation.
Weird. But that Scott said "something a little bit, like Carmen" we know for sure :)

sap5

The question is - if Scott really said that, did he mean something a bit like their 'Carmen' FD in terms of style/choreography or just the attitude of Carmen/relationship between Carmen and Jose? And if it's the attitude/their relationship - is it similar to how it was in their FD or does it resemble Carmen in the way she is most often shown and viewed? If what Scott said was about the SD, then I am betting on the latter (Carmen attitude in a more widespread understanding - a woman who tempts men, plays with them etc., but is playful and flirty rather than truly cruel and using her sexuality in a blatant way like Tessa's Carmen in their FD).

I'm guessing that many people have told them that what they remember about Carmen was its sexiness, so I bet that's what he means when he says the program will be something like Carmen.

pani

I'm guessing that many people have told them that what they remember about Carmen was its sexwiness, so I b et that's what he means when he says the program will be something like Carmen.
I am sure no, but will see, maybe we are both wrong.

Zazy

Why are we automatically believing third-hand information?
I find it very unlikely that V/M would complain to a fan that their coaches shot down all their ideas. They maybe did something similar in 2014 but that was the SOI after the Olympic season, when they were clearly frustrated, not before.

To me it looks like someone took that experience, combined with Tessa asking for ideas, and made up a little fanfiction story. I may be wrong of course but making up stories is a favourite pastime of many fans so it's always a possibility.

Last edited:

cgirl8

Golden Skate just posted a 17+ minute video interview from the tour stop in Hamilton. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHTzVB1rR9Y&feature=youtu.be

On why they chose not to do the Stars on Ice tour this year, what they’ve taken from past olympic cycles, watching worlds in Boston in 2016, skating the FD at worlds after the world record in Helsinki, the choice to wear her hair in a bun at worlds, she wanted a new dress for the FD, perceptions of them as a team online, the big change over the past year, plans for the off season, ideas for next season’s programs and the team competition at the olympics.

- They are going to continue working with Sam Chouinard and David Wison as well as Marie-France for choreography
- They want to do back-to-back grand prix events to simulate the team competition to the individual competition for the olympics

Last edited:

Shayii

Golden Skate just posted a 17+ minute video interview from the tour stop in Hamilton. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHTzVB1rR9Y&feature=youtu.be

On why they chose not to do the Stars on Ice tour this year, what they’ve taken from past olympic cycles, watching worlds in Boston in 2016, skating the FD at worlds after the world record in Helsinki, the choice to wear her hair in a bun at worlds, she wanted a new dress for the FD, perceptions of them as a team online, the big change over the past year, plans for the off season, ideas for next season’s programs and the team competition at the olympics.

- They are going to continue working with Sam Chouinard and David Wison as well as Marie-France for choreography
- They want to do back-to-back grand prix events to simulate the team competition to the individual competition for the olympics
Well based on what Tessa said near the end of the interview about their preparation for the season, it seems what @irena shared about the fan meeting them is most likely true. Also while it looks like they wouldn't mind doing back to back GPs, Scott also said they're not expecting to get it so I'm still betting on SCI and NHK. I agree with them about Ted Flatt he asks interesting questions.
I love the interview especially Tessa's giggle and how she complimented Scott about his performance at worlds. They are just so amazing.

This interview by ETalk is cute as well: https://vimeo.com/216654594
Lol Emma Watson and David Beckham partner switch. These were both really good interviews.

double runner

Confirmed: No La La Land, lol

Music selection is so difficult especially in an Olympic cycle but I've always wondered what the dynamics are like when coaches have the top 2 teams in their care? My gut tells me they know what direction (musically) they're heading towards but how does that work when your training mates are your biggest competition? Do they play coy and try not to show all their cards at once?

irena

I asked again the source from where info came that they have not chosen music yet because I had doubts that it does not match with the other informations. After some clarification it seems that we were lost somewhere in the translations and that is not exactly correct info. So guys are pretty much aware of what they are going to prepare just there is a lot of things to be done for the music pieces. So everything under control.

pani

I think that information was from person, who heard interview for Golden Skate :)

puglover

I refuse to worry as just having them planning and practicing for another Olympics is one of my dreams come true. I really doubt they came back to flounder around and be in the stressful situation they were before Sochi. I think they were caught off guard by Marina's lack of vision for them for their free dance in Sochi and they would never have come back to end up there again. Will everyone like it - probably not - but I have faith in them and their team. They are fully mature adults who have been around the block, have been bitten in the rear by people they trusted (just my opinion) and they are ready to show what they can do. Let's all have faith in them!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information