Tessa Virtue & Scott Moir #48: Long Time Running

The Accordion

Direct link: https://pca.eonline.com/?source=email-pca&cmpid=pcavote1#vote/cat44. Based on the people in the category I highly doubt they’ll win, but VM fans are nothing if not obsessive (especially the newer ones lol) so maybe if everyone takes the time to vote 22 times they might pull it off (this is sarcastic nobody do that lol). Tessa mentioned it today too https://mobile.twitter.com/tessavirtue/status/1037732944994099201
I just voted 22 times - your court, everyone else!

chantilly

I love them but in this category and in this “ awards” they don’t stand a chance.
Their nomination is outstanding given the lack of fandom and noteriarity that skating now has to what it was in the past.
Their nomination is a huge Coup.
I mean if you look at the category it’s remarkable.
So proud of them.

sap5

For me, here's a way bigger deal than the People's Choice Awards -- VM back in the States again! https://www.scottcares.org/new-events/2018/11/18/scott-hamilton-and-friends

The 3rd annual Scott Hamilton & Friends Nashville Ice Show benefitting the Scott Hamilton CARES Foundation will take place on Sunday, November 18 at 5:00 pm.at the Bridgestone Arena.

Figure skaters with a combined 20 + Olympic medals will skate simultaneously to live music performances. They include 2 X Olympic Ice Dance Gold Medalists Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir, Olympic Ice Dancing Gold Medalist Charlie White and Meryl Davis, Olympic Bronze Medalists Maia Shibutani and Alex Shibutani, Olympic Bronze Medalists Meagan Duhamnel and Eric Radford, Olympic Team Bronze Medalists Ashley Wagner, 2 x Olympic Pairs Gold Medalist Katia Gordeeva, Olympic Ladies Bronze Medalist Kaetlyn Osmond, Olympic Tean Bronze Medalist Nathan Chen, Jeremy Abbott, Ryan Bradley and Steven Cousins.

Sonata

Hahaha, yo, people, Drake is in that category. V&M don't stand a chance. :lol:

Haha, yeah! I was like, oh, the Ryans will split the vote, then saw Drake's name and thought...hmm, no.
But figure skating fans are obsessive. 6 millions Instagram hits on the Ellen page before V&M had even appeared on her show. You never know.

For me, here's a way bigger deal than the People's Choice Awards -- VM back in the States again! https://www.scottcares.org/new-events/2018/11/18/scott-hamilton-and-friends

Great to see V&M will be in Nashville. On another note, does anyone take the time to write out words nowadays? "2X" instead of "two-time" or even "2-time"?

pani

Wonder they will skate in USA, when Thank you Canada tour will not be over yet.
And in US will they have good reception from audience?

sap5

Wonder they will skate in USA, when Thank you Canada tour will not be over yet.
And in US will they have good reception from audience?

There’s a break in the tour that weekend so they can come. As for the reception— I won’t be at the Nashville show myself (I’m going to TYCT!), but there are so many of us in the States desperate to see them that I’m sure the reception will be great! They haven’t been here since 2010 (Dallas Galleria) if I’m remembering correctly. That’s a long time!!!

D

Deleted member 74551

Has V/M's new book been out? Did anyone get a copy? What's it like?

I think there are still a few weeks before general release but the people involved have received their advance copies.

I’m really missing them from the competitive scene right now, because I’m finding little inspiration among the FDs we’ve seen so far (my kingdom for a closed hold!) and you can tell that very few remaining teams ever had to compete compulsories together as seniors because the Tango Romantica patterns are all seriously scrappy, even from the better couples.

Golden1

I'm in Europe and ordered the book months ago. I can't wait to finally have it in my hands.

VM would have rocked the Tango Romantica. I also really miss them. Hopefully they aren't only doing Hiphop on the tour. I loved the little snippets we got of them with Sam but really hope they do lots of different routines.

Ladida

A very random question - I remember that Tessa did a choreo for novice/junior team back when she was in Canton. Does anyone remember for whom?

Thank you :giggle:

barbarafan

A very random question - I remember that Tessa did a choreo for novice/junior team back when she was in Canton. Does anyone remember for whom?

Thank you :giggle:
Sorry...the only one I remember is when she did Fedor's program when he was skating singles as Marina did not have time. I thought she did a good job.

Sonata

Yes, I remember that. Here's an old article about her choreographing for Andreev: https://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/andreev-is-back-with-a-bang/article20406874/

It's interesting reading it now. Andreev credited them as being his inspiration for returning to the ice. Tessa re-choregraphed his long program and apparently, Marina was thrilled.

(On another note, I'm pretty sure the movie referred to in the article was "Enchanted", not "Chance It", which sounds very similar when you say it aloud ;) There can't be that many movies where Andreev was skating in Central Park.)

Sylvia

TBD
Tessa Virtue is a London, Ont-born figure skater—who, alongside partner Scott Moir—is the most decorated figure skater in Olympic history. Here, she tells FLARE how she made it (September 30, 2018): https://www.flare.com/how-i-made-it/tessa-virtue/
Excerpts:
What’s the most pressing issue facing women in your industry right now? What would fix it?
Women in figure skating, like in every other industry, are expected to conform to an unrealistic standard of beauty. Unhealthy habits are often encouraged to promote a thin frame, and young girls idealize a skewed definition of “fit.” Add to that the ever-present power dynamic between coach and athlete, and girls have an enormous weight to carry before being equipped with the tools to properly protect themselves. It’s troubling, but with more women speaking up and sharing their stories, I would like to think there is hope for change both in culture and as it relates to self-esteem.
Looking to the future, what worries you the most about your career?
Let’s face it: 2018 will be hard for me to top. I often worry that I will never fill the void of competition, or that anything less than performing on the world’s biggest stage—however terrifying that may be—will be unfulfilling. I have to trust that the skill set I learned through skating will transfer. It’s just about finding the right passion to focus my energy into!

Shayii

Tessa Virtue is a London, Ont-born figure skater—who, alongside partner Scott Moir—is the most decorated figure skater in Olympic history. Here, she tells FLARE how she made it (September 30, 2018): https://www.flare.com/how-i-made-it/tessa-virtue/
Excerpts:
What was your BIG break? How did you land it?
My big break occurred when I was six years old and met Scott Moir.
Awwwww that is so sweet. According to Amazon my Tessa & Scott book should arrive tomorrow. If there’s an new info or tidbits I’ll share it, although no guarantee when that’ll be lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information