Tessa Virtue & Scott Moir # 47: Come What May...

I’m already sick of people saying that this wardrobe malfunction is the reason Tessa and Scott won. Please. They won because they kicked ass!!!

So ironic, because Kurt said that Gabriella's top came undone once before in practice, so why she or the coaches didn't ensure that the same thing wouldn't happen again is strange, and frankly appears to be a bit of their own fault.

elisa_p

I’m still not over their win last night. I was sooo nervous that their FD was a blur and I remember when the scores came up and I saw the 206...I screamed. LOL

I echo the sentiments above...these two years have been incredible and yet so short. It’s hard for me to imagine their careers without these two years now because I think it has solidified their status in history. Not saying what they did before was not enough but they way the cameout in this comeback...had that plan..executed their plan and just plain skated like they did pre 2010 was incredible to watch. I don’t think I fully appreciated it during these two years because I was so nervous for them 99% of the time. To think two years ago I had doubts about their ability to win against the French and wondered why they’d even attempt this comeback. But I now see why they did...they should seriously feel incredibly proud of what they’ve done here.

Also...they’ve given 7 perfect performances on Olympic ice (for IE events) in the last 8 years. Never a mistake. Athletes struggle to lay down one program like that but 7? It does a huge disservice to say that they won because of a wardrobe malfunction. They won because of their incredible work ethic and their mental toughness and not by default.

kittysk8ts

I know I'm probably the last one to see it but watching the medal ceremony made me teary-eyed again. I love to see them and their families so happy. Scott was giddy like a little boy. If anyone wants to re-watch it: https://vimeo.com/256564049
Love how they sing every word of the anthem. For those of you who aren't Canadian, a line in our anthem was recently changed to be gender neutral - I think Scott was watching Tessa during that part to make sure he got it right :) Sweet moment.

Judy

So ironic, because Kurt said that Gabriella's top came undone once before in practice, so why she or the coaches didn't ensure that the same thing wouldn't happen again is strange, and frankly appears to be a bit of their own fault.

Did he put that on Twitter? I remember seeing a comment from TSN or CBC linking to his twitter but couldn’t find it. I would think they did fix it but the fix didn’t work.

Did he put that on Twitter? I remember seeing a comment from TSN or CBC linking to his twitter but couldn’t find it. I would think they did fix it but the fix didn’t work.
It was in a CBC article. I will see if I can find it and then post a link.

Exactly the same thing happened here. Leprecat was NOT amused at me disturbing her peace. :lol:

I have been watching Tessa and Scott since they were pre-novice - probably longer than some PC fans or newer VM ubers have been alive. :lol: I never thought I would love another dance team as much as I loved and gave my skating fan heart to Bourne & Kraatz, but then these teeny tiny kids came along and... well, we all know how that story ended up going!

Thank you, Tessa and Scott. I WILL LOVE YOU, LOOOOVVE YOUUUU 'TIL THE END OF TIIIIIIIIIIIME! :wuzrobbed (the happy kind of uglycry tears!)

I was also a B&K uber, and never thought I'd love another dance team as much! I grew to love D&L and their unique style! I remember first seeing a very young Scott and Tessa and CDN nationals, and remember Shae Lynn gushing about them and how their future was limitless.... boy was she right!

Kurt also mentioned on air that she was being sewn into her costume between their warm up and their skate.

Gutsy skate by Gabriella by the way.
it was a gutsy skate for sure, and I am sure their fans are feeling a sting of disappointment today, but it really was a close and exciting competition right to the end! lots of casual fans talking about it today!

kittysk8ts

it was a gutsy skate for sure, and I am sure their fans are feeling a sting of disappointment today, but it really was a close and exciting competition right to the end! lots of casual fans talking about it today!
Yup, as a die hard V/M fan, I can completely identify with their disappointment. One word, Sochi. I, and we, are lucky that we now don't have to settle with that. But they won't have to either. They just have to wait now, and the good thing about waiting, is you get to see all they lovely programs in between :)

TalentedButHumble

I have been their fan for a long time and know how it ends eventually. Still, there is a tiny bit of hope :lol:
Okay, now I stop being a teenage fangirl ;):
Interview with the "Today Show": https://tessaetscott.tumblr.com/post/171091249590/tessa-and-scott-today-show-interview

I like to joke (lately, on twitter) re: the "couple" thing. But as an American (of "half-Canadian" background) I'd like to apologize for that cringey, prying "Today" show interview. Or really, any US television. :lol:

BTW boo to SOI for the separate NA tours. :rolleyes: And also, no longer having a Cdn tour stop real close to me. So I'm thinking of traveling to one of the other Ontario shows as well as probably the US show near me. ... Oh, wait, that's right, now SOI gets more :bribe: from me.

girlscouse62

I like to joke (lately, on twitter) re: the "couple" thing. But as an American (of "half-Canadian" background) I'd like to apologize for that cringey, prying "Today" show interview. Or really, any US television. :lol:

BTW boo to SOI for the separate NA tours. :rolleyes: And also, no longer having a Cdn tour stop real close to me. So I'm thinking of traveling to one of the other Ontario shows as well as probably the US show near me. ... Oh, wait, that's right, now SOI gets more :bribe: from me.
They definitely got more money from me. I bought on ice tickets for Vancouver SOI. So glad I did!!

elisa_p

In the press conference the answer was "we'll wait to officially r-word until we are sure, we don't want to be like Brett Favre" and in the Today interview they said that this feels like their last Olympics but they need some time to think about it.

OMG I would die if we see them back at 2022. LOL My heart could barely take these two years and I barely made it through their FD last night without throwing up. They might have nervesof steel but I certainly don’t.

Ohyes

Someone call the waaaambluence for the P/C ubers on Facebook and Instagram calling V/M's music stripper music and saying they only won because of Gabi's dress mishap. suck it up.

elisa_p

I was also thinking about this season for them and honestly who knew losing the GPF would be such a blessing in disguise? If they had manage to pull out a win there or be closer in scores...I don’t think they would have risked changing the FD so much and that change was instrumental in getting them this gold.

Ohyes

I’m already sick of people saying that this wardrobe malfunction is the reason Tessa and Scott won. Please. They won because they kicked ass!!!
With all the support and praise their getting a few deranged uber (mainly french) loons emerge for their caves and spill their untrue vomit-inducing garbage comments like "the French were robbed" (held up more like it) "they only won because of gabis dress mishap" actually they won because of the bobble from the French in the short and by having superior programs that should have had them 1st both segments.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information