Tessa Virtue & Scott Moir # 47: Come What May...

Ohyes

:wuzrobbed :wuzrobbed :wuzrobbed :wuzrobbed :wuzrobbed

I'm going to miss them so much. I feel so blessed that I was able to see them win their 2010 Olympic title live, as well as their most recent Canadian title, several of their previous senior and junior Canadian titles, and their Jr. World silver medal.
*hugs*

Golden1

Thanks for the link to the press conference thread! Why is there no video?? We have videos of the press conference in Sochi. Why not this time?

Sonata

GAHHHHHHH!!!!!

OMG!!!! THEY DID IT!

I knew they would bring it, but I totally underestimated HOW MUCH THEY WOULD BRING IT!!!

I feel so inspired. They make me feel like I can do anything!

The CBC fluff piece is online https://vimeo.com/256533637

Thank you! The CBC video link kept crashing.

I was not ready for that fluff piece. I was just in the moment and then CBC springs this montage on me, with JIM CUDDY singing, of all people.... This was a true Canadian Moment. I watched through tears. And then I wanted to cry some more and searched the Internet to watch it again. Thank you for posting it.

nickp

Tessa & Scott winning this feels so much like what Gordeeva & Grinkov did in '94. As young skaters, they won in '88, then turned pro. When professionals were allowed to return to the Olympics in '94, they won their second gold in Lillehammer

Jeanne7

Golden1

The NBC extended version of the FD is here. Unfortunately the sound stops about 4 min. in but I loved to see the background stuff after the score. When Aljona and Bruno won, German television followed them with the camera until the "flower ceremony" was over. Annoying to them, I guess, but I loved to see it. Did Canadian television do something like this? I would love to see their reaction.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/11GxinECTUxSmjbKMeUcnQSRyCtlnNdie/view

BESP is here, too! https://vimeo.com/256538388

fs.rrb

I’m quite sure that’s what they said when they returned to competiton but...are they definitely retiring after the Olympics?

Golden1

Katharina Witt is talking about Tessa and Scott on German television right now. She likes their chemistry and the sparks that fly. According to her it's probably more fun to skate together when you are not married and can touch each other all the time anyway. ;)

Golden1

Medal ceremonies have already started, figure skating should be up soon. Does anyone have a link?? I hate that my TV station only showed Germans getting their medal and then didn't even show the Norwegians getting theirs in the same competition. Is there no way to watch the medal ceremony even if your country isn't involved?

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information