Tessa Virtue & Scott Moir # 47: Come What May...

zilam98

i keep replaying that final lift on their FD. when scott pumps his fists during that lift, it just gets me emotional. even though he probably improvised his arm movements during that lift, it had more emotional impact on me than how he did it in their nationals

girlscouse62

i keep replaying that final lift on their FD. when scott pumps his fists during that lift, it just gets me emotional. even though he probably improvised his arm movements during that lift, it had more emotional impact on me than how he did it in their nationals
I was pretty sure he pumped his fists during the lift in a practice session. I loved her FD dress

ddtpdx

A Canadian ice dancer when Tessa and Scott first came onto the senior circuit.

Thanks. It's so nice to see former competitors continue to be involved in skating and contribute to the sport. I hope V/M will do that in the future. It would be great to see them set up their own school and see their vision of ice dance through the next generations of ice dancers.

Ohyes

Thanks. It's so nice to see former competitors continue to be involved in skating and contribute to the sport. I hope V/M will do that in the future. It would be great to see them set up their own school and see their vision of ice dance through the next generations of ice dancers.
it would be awesome if they opened up a skating school. Plushenko did it and it turned out well for him. Maybe they could coach Marjorie and Zachary in the future.

Ohyes

Seems like certain fans of a certain ice dance team are salty because all of the attention and support from celebrities and casual fans are on V/M and not on their team, judging from some comments on here and youtube...:D:D:D

D

Deleted member 74551

I don't think that Moulin Rouge program is anywhere close to performed to its potential either lol.

They can definitely do it better. I think they needed to adjust to all the changes and the TE was the perfect place to do it. The beginning was nervy, as was that last lift. Their practice video was faultless. If they can create a moment like they have done with a performance that was really good, but by their standards not great, then imagine if they can skate it freely in the IE (not holding out much hope, because they don't tend to go last, but please let them draw the final spot in the FD!). They've always turned it up when it really really counts too, I'm thinking of what they pulled off with Farrucas and Dream A Little Dream (lol I'm still bitter about that lowballed score) when they'd not quite nailed it until the moment when they did.

Golden1

Who knew that their last competition would be so much fun :D.

They have the best chemistry I have ever seen and it is kind of satisfying to know that it's not only us "crazy VM ubers" who feel it.;)

The German commentator said before their FD in the team event: "And now just watch and I promise I won't say a single syllable." His colleague said afterwards: "I could watch them forever." And that's it for me. They pull you in and time flies.
How nice to know that so many people feel the same.

elisa_p

This is why I find it so hysterical when a stray fan of other couples claims they don't have as much chemistry as it is said they do. Um...

Me too! It’s something I immediately picked up on even when they were really young and it’s what drew me to them. And to have that kind of chemistry still be so strong after all these years is a testiment to their connection. I’m really going to miss them once they retire...they are a once in a generation team for sure.

D

Deleted member 74551

Me too! It’s something I immediately picked up on even when they were really young and it’s what drew me to them. And to have that kind of chemistry still be so strong after all these years is a testiment to their connection. I’m really going to miss them once they retire...they are a once in a generation team for sure.

I'm so greedy, but I can't believe they're going just before the Tango Romantica. They do GOAT Tangos. And they missed this quad's Paso. Stay and school these others on how to ballroom dance in actual hold on blades, guys!

princeton123

:rolleyes: right back. Why are some V/M fans so averse to hearing any criticism about them?

I'm a huge fan, but I thought their nationals performance was much smoother. And the practice they did of Roxanne was much stronger. Still a solid performance, but I don't think their team event performance was anywhere near as good as I know it could be.

They can definitely do it better. I think they needed to adjust to all the changes and the TE was the perfect place to do it. The beginning was nervy, as was that last lift. Their practice video was faultless. If they can create a moment like they have done with a performance that was really good, but by their standards not great, then imagine if they can skate it freely in the IE (not holding out much hope, because they don't tend to go last, but please let them draw the final spot in the FD!). They've always turned it up when it really really counts too, I'm thinking of what they pulled off with Farrucas and Dream A Little Dream (lol I'm still bitter about that lowballed score) when they'd not quite nailed it until the moment when they did.

Tessa especially was so much sharper in practice. She seemed very cautious and muted by comparison in competition. I hope she's shaken off some of those nerves and they can skate lights out next week.

D

Deleted member 74551

Tessa does seem to get in her own head more than Scott does, but she's definitely improved on that front since last quad where I had to close my eyes during every twizzle sequence (though how much of that was injury related idk). Hopefully the experience of the TE was both confidence boosting as well as settling.

D

Deleted member 74551

Gotta hand it to them, their instincts about using MR music was 100% accurate. Not only meaningful to them but they’ve managed to reach out to to the masses of MR fans, occasional skating fans and they’ve appealed to a whole new fan base.

Scott surprised me when it turned out in that documentary that it was him who'd suggested it and had the vision for a more modern interpretation. I'd just presumed it was Tessa.

bbkenn

Who knew that their last competition would be so much fun :D.

They have the best chemistry I have ever seen and it is kind of satisfying to know that it's not only us "crazy VM ubers" who feel it.;)

The German commentator said before their FD in the team event: "And now just watch and I promise I won't say a single syllable." His colleague said afterwards: "I could watch them forever." And that's it for me. They pull you in and time flies.
How nice to know that so many people feel the same.

I could watch them forever too.

bbkenn

I'm actually glad they got their nerves out in the TE and got the calls on the pattern so they know what to work on when they skate in the IE. They will rise to the occasion this time, I feel it, because they LOVE what they're doing and it shows even on a night where they make mistakes. This is what blows people away.

D

Deleted member 74551

http://skatingscores.com/2018/ote/dance/long/

Has this already been posted? Easy breakdown of the countries in their FD- Sharon Rogers liked them about as much as Sharon Rogers usually does, but that was still more than the tough nut Chinese (+1 for the spin??), and Ukraine scored them higher than the Canadian president the French press have been screaming about for a week. Japan went nuts for their SD, and Spain has revised her opinion on it downwards a fair bit since SC. When do we find out the panel draw?

Last edited by a moderator:

ddtpdx

http://skatingscores.com/2018/ote/dance/long/

Has this already been posted? Easy breakdown of the countries in their FD- Sharon Rogers liked them about as much as Sharon Rogers usually does, but that was still more that the tough nut Chinese (+1 for the spin??), and Ukraine scored them higher than the Canadian president the French press have been screaming about for a week. Japan went nuts for their SD, and Spain has revised her opinion on it downwards a fair bit since SC. When do we find out the panel draw?

Thanks. I find it amazing that the ISU still won't indicate the Judge's country in the protocols listed on their site. For the Olympics, they also don't list the countries for the Panel of Judges link, unlike the GPF for example. Most of us on this forum can figure it out, but what about the casual fans? I think the countries should be displayed like the 6.0 days when the marks go up so the audience can quickly determine for themselves about the degree of biased judging that's occurring or if patterns of block judging are discernable.

Also, their skating skills and transitions marks are still significantly lower than their other PCS marks, despite all the work they've put in on transitions between GPF and the Olympics. Not sure what else they could have done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information